TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Dec 2, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #1,472 of 3,867
Yes, friend, you are right! The Believe driver material is rarer, so we do not have too many stocks, just one small batch each time.
Congrats on the BGGAR review. You'll get to see the positive impact of that on your business.

He also tore into his set to see if it was a true berrylium driver since others were questioning it (his answer is yes, probably).

Can't wait to get mine. Should be here soon.

You'll probably sell these as fast as you can make them or even have a backorder.

Dec 2, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #1,473 of 3,867
Congrats on the BGGAR review. You'll get to see the positive impact of that on your business.

He also tore into his set to see if it was a true berrylium driver since others were questioning it (his answer is yes, probably).

Can't wait to get mine. Should be here soon.

You'll probably sell these as fast as you can make them or even have a backorder.

I am so pleased I bought mine in good time. 😁

Dec 3, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #1,474 of 3,867
20201203_174024.jpg

Luna, Illumination, Dream XLS and Believe. You'd be amazed how well the Believe keeps up with the big boys, not 100% the performance but extremely respectable, doesn't sound out of place next to these DD titans at all. A/Bed for a couple of hours and came out of it more impressed that I already was going into it. Hope production picks up and more people get to hear this.

I'm really against hype, it's just extremely rare that an earphone lives up to expectations, survives my test playlist and does well in A/B comparisons to references. Normally when I get hyped about something it starts falling apart somewhere eventually as I listen through it more and do more detailed comparisons, but the believe has surprised again and again at every turn, might be purchase of the year for me.

Dec 3, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #1,475 of 3,867
Joining the Starlight gang! First impressions: wow, so glad I jumped on the 11/11 deal, this is a steal for the sale price! The overall sound I get is pretty laidback: the treble has some good air to it, at times some sparkle, but never too bright for me. The mids are “just right”: not too close or recessed. The bass has some good punchiness to it, good DD bass. The soundstage is pretty wide open and there is pretty good instrument & vocals separation, never congested. I do sense a slight veil somewhere, perhaps that’ll change over time.

That slight veil I hear with the Starlight might be because I’m used to Odin’s clarity in its upper midrange. I do feel the Starlight has a punchier bass & mid bass compared to the Odin, who’s strength is in its sub bass extension. Anyways, I think the two IEMs can probably trade punches. Considering the price difference, wow Starlight!
Great to hear someone else join in the TRI Starlight experience and sing the praises of the Starlights. I cannot wait to hear more of your thoughts on them.

sounds more and more like my type of set. Hopefully I get it sometime soon, just for me, its not a small purchase by any means so for now, it has to wait. Do update us on that veil you hear.

Dec 3, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #1,476 of 3,867
20201203_174024.jpg
Luna, Illumination, Dream XLS and Believe. You'd be amazed how well the Believe keeps up with the big boys, not 100% the performance but extremely respectable, doesn't sound out of place next to these DD titans at all. A/Bed for a couple of hours and came out of it more impressed that I already was going into it. Hope production picks up and more people get to hear this.

I'm really against hype, it's just extremely rare that an earphone lives up to expectations, survives my test playlist and does well in A/B comparisons to references. Normally when I get hyped about something it starts falling apart somewhere eventually as I listen through it more and do more detailed comparisons, but the believe has surprised again and again at every turn, might be purchase of the year for me.

Your IEMS look very enticing!!

Dec 3, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #1,477 of 3,867
20201203_174024.jpg

Nice collection!

What do u use to drive the BElieve? I find it may be even more power hungry than the TRI I3 (which contains planars)!

Dec 3, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #1,478 of 3,867
Nice collection!

What do u use to drive the BElieve? I find it may be even more power hungry than the TRI I3 (which contains planars)!
The rest aren't mine, photo from a meetup haha, just thought it was some nice eye candy and shared. Driving it out of a hiby r6 and mojo, it definitely does require some power to sound its best, with the low sensitivity. But honestly I think it sounds just fine out of the apple dongle and just scales incredibly well as you feed it more.

Dec 3, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #1,479 of 3,867
20201203_174024.jpg

Is that an adapter connected to Starlight?

Dec 3, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #1,480 of 3,867
Haha, Believe not starlight. My bad.

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #1,485 of 3,867
Earlier this morning received the TRi i4. As per usual the stock cable was nothing. Tried a NiceHCK silver litz, but it sounded thin in the highs. Changed to a NiceHCK 4.4mm balanced, pure copper 4 core and a Sennheiser style tip. Very good. I am a sucker for TRi. I have the i4, the i3, the Starsea and I had the Starlight for a week. I think the i4 is a bio-driver and a Knowles. I got them really cheaply in the 11/11. They have got a lot of fans and I think I am going to be another. A great brand, great IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back