TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Jul 7, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #421 of 3,867
After a bit less than a week with the TRI I3 (noted that I barely used it during the weekend) it's clearly starting to grow on me. It wasn't "out of the box awesome" and I don't think that I was expecting that either. This is only my second IEM ever so I'm not even sure what to expect, but for obvious reasons I guess I was comparing it to the first (Ikko OH1). So the packaging of the I3 was clearly worse (the "new" version of OH1 packaging has a nice combination of waifus and premium aesthetics), and for the first few hours of use the shells felt too big and a bit uncomfortable compared to the OH1. However, something changed and now I seem to like the comfort level quite a lot (even more than OH1 possibly). Guess I just got used to them? Yes they are big and bulky but why not :k701smile: I never quite enjoyed looking at pictures of the shells before I got them, but maybe "less is more" and they provide a long-lasting fine looks to combine with other stuff.

One of the reviewers didn't enjoy the included pouch. I like it a lot, it's perfect size and fit and the soft velvety material is an excellent contrast to the chrome metal of the shells.

Switched the cable to silver-plated copper 4.4. right away. As for the sound, I tried too hard in the first couple of days to compare it to the OH1 in brief excerpts, when I should have just listened to music. Now I do, and the I3 sounds excellent and I think there's still upside as it seems to sound better each day. This is probably my brain getting used to it and not a physical "burn-in". In any case, this works for me fine and I can concentrate in the most important part, i.e. the music :beerchug:
The I3 has more lows and less highs than the OH1. I own and like both.

Jul 9, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #422 of 3,867
The tequila 1 won't hold your interest very long IMO.... One of the more vanilla TFZ pairs.
Be prepared to wait a bit for the I3 as they're made to order basically.... But they also require quite a long burn in. Keep them running for a well or longer.
Looks like they had some in stock, at the time of my order
1594315285291.png

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #423 of 3,867
This was posted today on Tri's Facebook page:

TRI.jpg

Maybe there's some kind of new sport iem coming?

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #424 of 3,867
How long did folks burn it in, play it in, before it really opened up?
I was using mine earlier today and I’m curious what kind of time it took others before it really shined for them?

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #425 of 3,867
This was posted today on Tri's Facebook page:

TRI.jpg

Maybe there's some kind of new sport iem coming?
When I think of sport iems, I think of wireless stuff and waterproofing...so hopefully not since I don't care about that.

I want a tri I3 version 2 that has a smaller build size and less lower treble at the 3k area.

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #427 of 3,867
When I think of sport iems, I think of BA bass. And something with a sound signature like CA Comet or Klipsch X10 but with more drivers.

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #428 of 3,867
When I think of sport iems, I think of BA bass. And something with a sound signature like CA Comet or Klipsch X10 but with more drivers.
Well that is a surprise, I would prefer to have a DD driver and a lot of bass quantity for a sport iem. Need that bass to give me energy. :joy:

Jul 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #430 of 3,867
Anyone know more about Tri Starlight? We should have a dedicated thread.
Yeah, I'd wait until someone actually has it. I don't know of anybody who does or anybody who is going to blind order it.

Jul 24, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #431 of 3,867
Jul 24, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #432 of 3,867
I'm curious, why BA bass for sports? I noticed, that during workouts I become sensitive to bass, so for me IEM needs to have a well controlled one, but BA bass? I need to test that idea, when I resume my workouts. Maybe AM05 is perfect for that. Doubt that though. Tried DM6 once and it was meh... Then again, depends on what you listen for sports.

Jul 24, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #433 of 3,867
I'm curious, why BA bass for sports? I noticed, that during workouts I become sensitive to bass, so for me IEM needs to have a well controlled one, but BA bass? I need to test that idea, when I resume my workouts. Maybe AM05 is perfect for that. Doubt that though. Tried DM6 once and it was meh... Then again, depends on what you listen for sports.

It sounds faster and less relaxed to me.

Jul 24, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #434 of 3,867
It sounds faster and less relaxed to me.
In that case, maybe something like FiiO FD1, if its isolation is acceptable. Very fast Be DD. What music do you listen for sports?
Also, if Tri releases sport IEM, it better be not metal, as moisture condensation is going to kill it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back