TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Jun 14, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #391 of 3,867
Clear...and how would you compare M7, i3 and H40? I am now intrigued to avoid always turning back my shoulders to Sony...

The M7 is different from H40, they are more to stage monitor as intended. M7 and M9 are created as professional stage monitor, so their main strength is "precise" and "Accurate". So timbre, instrument separation, imaging, layering, soundstage is great with warm signature and great details.
The H40 on other side is a very fun IEM, they have very boosted sub bass and mid bass (wide bore eartips suits them better in my opinion), with big dynamic attack, and decent note weight, and more sparkling, combined by very wide soundstage. These make the H40 sounds "Big" with very good coherence.
and the i3 is in between M7 and H40, or more emphasize upper mid than M7 with more boosted Bass but under H40 level.

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #392 of 3,867
Ok, thanks. Not for me then. I prefer whole sound (maybe leaning on warm side) wide soundstage, good instruments separation and good amount of details.
That's one thing I think the people who really love the L3 really don't get.... Not everyone LIKES how live music sounds. When people invite me to go to shows I try to explain that I don't really like live music all that much in general, but I always just come off as anti social I'm sure.

I LIKE slickly produced, clean music on state of the art equipment versus music off of the stuff you find in your local clubs.

Jun 15, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #393 of 3,867
Until you start AB comparing honestly I don't trust someone can't be happy with I3, their tuning precisely is just right.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #394 of 3,867
The TRI Starlight has been discounted from $799 -> $749 on a few stores during this Aliexpress sale. Maybe another $40 - 50 off with stacking coupons, so about $700ish USD.

Haha anybody brave enough to make a blind purchase in the quest for Audio knowledge??? Sorry my wife will kill me if I use my kids' education fees for this haha.

Jun 16, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #395 of 3,867
The TRI Starlight has been discounted from $799 -> $749 on a few stores during this Aliexpress sale. Maybe another $40 - 50 off with stacking coupons, so about $700ish USD.

Haha anybody brave enough to make a blind purchase in the quest for Audio knowledge??? Sorry my wife will kill me if I use my kids' education fees for this haha.
If it had a planar in it i would be on board.... Without that I can't make that kind of leap right now.... DD+planar+EST and you've got me.

Jun 18, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #396 of 3,867
Hi all,
Anyone here who has Tri I3 and L3 for comparison? Would like to know their soundstage, bass and detail.

Thanks

Jun 19, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #398 of 3,867
Lowest price for i3 in the current sale seems to be about $122 on AK audio store. But it does require some extra steps. You'll need to add something else (with free shipping) to the order for a $150 minimum total to use select coupons for -8$ discount, then get the -6$ store coupon and finally use the AK14USD -14$ promo code, so the total discount will be -$28 from the ~150$.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #399 of 3,867
Hi all,
Anyone here who has Tri I3 and L3 for comparison? Would like to know their soundstage, bass and detail.

Thanks
Yeah, I sort of compared these a page or two back.

Truly an apples and oranges comparison.....

Soundstage - I3 is larger with more depth and width. L3 is more compact, but amazingly realistic sounding.

Bass - L3 wins here, but the I3 has a nice punchiness.

Detail - they both have plenty. This comes down to preference. Honestly the timbre makes a much bigger difference. The L3 sounds very Raw and "live". The I3 sounds very smooth and sparkly.

Vocals are definitely smoother on the I3.

Basically, if you want a smooth, fantastic, mind expanding set to bliss out to, the I3 is your pair. Great for all genres in my opinion. Better all around pair....

If you want to sound like you're sitting in a small bar with the band, live, the L3 is your pair. These sound great with something like MTV unplugged albums or classic rock, but don't do it for me with slickly produced albums that were never meant to sound live. If you love live music, this is the absolute go to pair.

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #400 of 3,867
Lowest price for i3 in the current sale seems to be about $122 on AK audio store.

I found the KBEAR official store is cheaper even after I have stackup coupon, coins on ak audio. Besides, I had a bad experience before buying from ak audio.
Any here ever buy from KBear store before? Are they trusted store?

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #401 of 3,867
Yeah, I sort of compared these a page or two back.

Truly an apples and oranges comparison.....

Soundstage - I3 is larger with more depth and width. L3 is more compact, but amazingly realistic sounding.
Thanks @SciOC

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #402 of 3,867
I found the KBEAR official store is cheaper even after I have stackup coupon, coins on ak audio. Besides, I had a bad experience before buying from ak audio.
Any here ever buy from KBear store before? Are you trusted store?
They are legit. I ordered i3 from them this winter. Though they were lost in transit (99% sure they were stolen in a local post office) the store returned the money.
Still a bit upset because I wanted to hear them but decided not to order another set in the end. I hope i'm not suffering from early dementia and it really was that store and not another one. I don't think you will have any problems in any case.

Jun 19, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #403 of 3,867
They are legit. I ordered i3 from them this winter. Though they were lost in transit (99% sure they were stolen in a local post office) the store returned the money.
Still a bit upset because I wanted to hear them but decided not to order another set in the end. I hope i'm not suffering from early dementia and it really was that store and not another one. I don't think you will have any problems in any case.
KBEAR official does seem to be the legit KBEAR/TRI store since their Rep on here can give you updates on your orders if you ask her. And obviously review samples are usually sent to some Lucky headfi members through the store as well.

Someone had a bad experience with AK though? That's the first I've heard. They're one of the best and quickest IMO, hope things aren't changing.

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #405 of 3,867
Didn't know that the Tri I3 are produced only on demand so you have to wait 7-10 days before the seller sends them ...

When I bought my TRI I3 in the march aliexpress sale, the seller told me the same thing. I had to wait 1 week or so before they shipped it out.
Apparently he said the TRI I3 is selling like hotcakes in Japan and stock was low everywhere, so they had to wait for the factory to make more. Plus probably some logistics/supply issues with covid.

I rather they be upfront and tell u this then give a fake tracking number or secretly not sending the stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back