TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Feb 6, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #137 of 3,867
Hi!
Well they sound great without anything with 9038s.
i havent done much with pdv2 with them or even tried to eq the tri. and dindt use p1 for a long while now..
I actually dondt like any IEMs at home and dondt bother with them. so i cant give much advice.
Tri i3 are ear potatoes from the size but mobile they have such a pleasant sound without any need for tweaking. Very impressive for what i would use iems for

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #138 of 3,867
Hi!
Well they sound great without anything with 9038s.
i havent done much with pdv2 with them or even tried to eq the tri. and dindt use p1 for a long while now..
I actually dondt like any IEMs at home and dondt bother with them. so i cant give much advice.
Tri i3 are ear potatoes from the size but mobile they have such a pleasant sound without any need for tweaking. Very impressive for what i would use iems for

Thanks for the reply. I think I will probably give them ago.

Feb 11, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #139 of 3,867
Tri i3 Pairs well enough on this combo with:
*FiiO X7 coax out to
*Ifi Micro BL
*DD audio 2.5mm balanced -3.5mm SE. adapter
*Penon GS849 mmx-2.5mm balanced cable
*Dunnu cp145 tip with modded inserts.
(Inserts improves sq to my liking.)

20200212_005342.jpg

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #140 of 3,867
tri.png

Tri i3... Outstanding job of tuning, a forgiving and exciting sound at the same time, can play both good recording and bad recording tracks very well.No unevenness of sound is spotted subjectively across the frequency spectrum.
Great balance between thickness/warmth/darkness, relax and rich sounding but with good treble extension.
spacious sound that have good proportion of depth and width.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #141 of 3,867
I’m saving up even harder now after reading these....i3 for me!

Feb 14, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #142 of 3,867
A lovely pair. I've been listening to them back and forth with my IMR Rah and can't believe how close they are. I actually prefer the treble on the I3. The piezo in the Rah isn't a particularly good one no matter the filter for me.

Feb 21, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #143 of 3,867
About the mmcx socket gap issue of Tri i3 that i posted on the other thread...

Tri audio i3 is a very good sounding iem, I've posted my impression at the other post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tri-earphone-impressions-currently-i4-and-i3.921113/post-15464009

However, frequency response of two channels seems a little bit different than each others..
i3-vent3.png
some things strange happen at 1k~1.5k area, although it is still very good sounding iem to me subjectively.

and than I figure it out the reason behind this...
i3-vent1.png
A gap found at the edge of mmcx socket will shift the dip of the frequency response to the higher frequency.
i3-vent4.png

i3-vent2.png
correct the frequency response by blocking the gap at mmcx socket
i3-2.png
after the correction: sound more refined and more "correct" now, this is a super good sounding iem to me !!

Feb 21, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #144 of 3,867
I didn't see a socket gap on mine.
It is also easy to have an optical illusion of one due to the curved reflective metal shell.

Feb 23, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #145 of 3,867
I didn't see a socket gap on mine.
It is also easy to have an optical illusion of one due to the curved reflective metal shell.

As I had doubts about what I saw I decided to test this by pushing a post it note by its corner to where the gap would be. Turns out my all 3 sets of the I3 do have the gap and I was being too critical of my own eyesight.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #146 of 3,867
As I had doubts about what I saw I decided to test this by pushing a post it note by its corner to where the gap would be. Turns out my all 3 sets of the I3 do have the gap and I was being too critical of my own eyesight.

They do have gaps, not sure if it was intended or miss production, thanks for eagle eye @ErkH that found it out. It can be deceiving as the mmcx housing is semi transparent materials that have reflects with mirror finishing body that a bit difficult to see if we aren't watch them closely

Mar 3, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #148 of 3,867
I’ve got i4’s and love them, so I just ordered i3’s with fast delivery as I hate waiting..... I’m pumped!
Does the whole gap thing cause any audible differences that can be easily heard?
I’m not gonna mess with the look unless its clearly a negative, do we know yet if it is? Thanks

Mar 7, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #150 of 3,867
My trying time getting TRI I3: I ordered 3/3/20 from Hifigo with $25 upcharge for “express delivery”. The order finally ships 3/6/20 via DHL and the tracking information hasn’t scanned it yet so no idea when my express service will arrive. I’m way to hyper and want them expressed here now. Realistically its like 4 days and I can’t moan like I did when AE took a month and a half to get me a cable, but I will anyway!
Watching Soccer, washing my hands & listening to Music for next couple months and already twitchy...lol..just wanted to share. My names Ed and I’m nuts, “hi ed!”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back