TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Mar 10, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #153 of 3,867
Not as big as I thought they looked. Fit fine comfy all that, these are some sweet potatoes !!!
BOOM! I love these taters, see y’all after I hear all the music I can stand!

Mar 11, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #155 of 3,867
My new Tri i3’s sound exquisite and have huge soundstage, maybe the biggest I’ve heard, more as I update.
All the little issues you folks mentioned are gone on my set. The connections are tight with zero wobble at the iem itself. I haven’t switch out cable yet and not sure I’ll try to.
The spots where folks mentioned slight openness or venting are not present on mine. I took a thin but stiff paper and checked seams everywhere and my pair are tight all round. No openings or venting so they (Tri) might be following this thread as all the issues are gone on my pair (hopefully all going forward are looked over better and corrected.
09F77F2D-B8BD-4E5C-B446-E3438054C361.jpeg

Awesome Awesome Awesome IEMS!

Mar 11, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #156 of 3,867
My new Tri i3’s sound exquisite and have huge soundstage, maybe the biggest I’ve heard, more as I update.
Awesome Awesome Awesome IEMS!

Hi @eclein , I read from other thread that ISN H40 also has huge soundstage, do you also have ISN H40? If yes, could you please compare it against I3?
I am still gathering more information either to buy ISN H40, Tri I3 or Audiosense AQ3.

TIA

Mar 11, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #158 of 3,867
Mar 11, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #159 of 3,867
Mar 11, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #160 of 3,867
Just reading that comparison and looking at my stuff, unless they come out with an insanely better set I’m gonna be reading and not buying too much. I’ve got T800 ($299), these Tri I3 ($169) and several other first rate sounding sets, I’m pretty well set for a nice long (avoiding the Virus) marathon music session. Sporting events and full seasons are being canceled or played to an empty stadium, stock market is freaky, this is bad now. I don’t intensely listen to any news broadcasts as they just bum me out but certain decisions are being made that upset folks more and cost companies millions. Whats next???

Mar 11, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #161 of 3,867
Just reading that comparison and looking at my stuff, unless they come out with an insanely better set I’m gonna be reading and not buying too much. I’ve got T800 ($299), these Tri I3 ($169) and several other first rate sounding sets, I’m pretty well set for a nice long (avoiding the Virus) marathon music session. Sporting events and full seasons are being canceled or played to an empty stadium, stock market is freaky, this is bad now. I don’t intensely listen to any news broadcasts as they just bum me out but certain decisions are being made that upset folks more and cost companies millions. Whats next???

How do u compare the Audiosense T800 to the TRI I3?

Mar 11, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #162 of 3,867
How do u compare the Audiosense T800 to the TRI I3?
Too early and to me very different...I just spent all night listening to every tune I love from my life and the i3s played everything well just as recorded and loud. It just does loud volume very well, I never do loud but last night I did. I listened to my favorite trance/ambient stuff at my normal volume and it sounded fantastic, fell asleep, woke up and kept listening all night. The Tri i3s can be summed up with one word..Smooth!
Its so cohesive its amazing they were able to tune it so perfectly with 3 different type of drivers.
The T800 is fantastic in another way with the detail and clarity. I really can’t tell if theres a clear cut winner in the two they are both excellent and I have both!! 2020 is off to a terrific start, whats next?

Mar 20, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #164 of 3,867
Has anyone seen Bggar's Tri i3 review? I can't honestly understand how he gives a D rating to the i3. I don't know. Are we deaf? Am I deaf? Is he?.

That's one of the weirdest reviews I have ever read/seen. Practically everything is lower at 1kHz than most of the rest of the spectrum and he's saying it is a problem that this set has.

Recessed mids is NOT something the I3 has.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back