Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and questions here
Dec 23, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #166 of 546
Quote:
  I will post back with what I think....I am also very curious about the reports of this thing outdoing the pico slim for IEMs as I've always thought highly of this amp in my experience with IEMs.  Endless toys.

Cool thanks beforehand. I have read mixed impressions on the pico slim so I decided against for the moment. I would still like to try it out one of these days for comparison.

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #167 of 546
Quote:

Cool thanks beforehand. I have read mixed impressions on the pico slim so I decided against for the moment. I would still like to try it out one of these days for comparison.

I ended up going for the UHA4 instead from all the good reviews. Plus the UHA4 is the Arrow Killer :wink:. The UHA6 MKII would crush the Pico IMO but you don't get as good of a volume control. Thing is it was very good still for general purposes unless you were using it with a very powerful source. Also keep in mind a digital pot does take away some transparency from the amp.

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #168 of 546
Quote:
I ended up going for the UHA4 instead from all the good reviews. Plus the UHA4 is the Arrow Killer :wink:. The UHA6 MKII would crush the Pico IMO but you don't get as good of a volume control. Thing is it was very good still for general purposes unless you were using it with a very powerful source. Also keep in mind a digital pot does take away some transparency from the amp.

Yeh was gonna mention that but deleted it...was gonna say that I would most probably try the UHA6S-MKII before I would consider the pico slim mainly due to reviews and your comments...

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #169 of 546
Quote:

Yeh was gonna mention that but deleted it...was gonna say that I would most probably try the UHA6S-MKII before I would consider the pico slim mainly due to reviews and your comments...

Still ended up selling it in the end though :p & kept the T1 :wink:. However if not for the Triad I would still have the UHA6 MKII for my desktop. It was really that good. Just doesn't serve me as well on the go as the T1 does so in the end it wasn't getting used and was collecting dust. I have to admit though if you are looking for the ultimate in low volume listening without channel imbalance (talking sissy-girl volumes lol) the UHA4 and I'm sure the Pico would work really well in that situation.

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #170 of 546
Quote:
Still ended up selling it in the end though :p & kept the T1 :wink:. However if not for the Triad I would still have the UHA6 MKII for my desktop. It was really that good. Just doesn't serve me as well on the go as the T1 does so in the end it wasn't getting used and was collecting dust. I have to admit though if you are looking for the ultimate in low volume listening without channel imbalance (talking sissy-girl volumes lol) the UHA4 and I'm sure the Pico would work really well in that situation.

Oh wow I didn't realise you sold it. A sad farewell indeed but made room for the T1 I guess...what else do you have in your sights for future (mainly IEM use)?

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #171 of 546
Quote:

Oh wow I didn't realise you sold it. A sad farewell indeed but made room for the T1 I guess...what else do you have in your sights for future (mainly IEM use)?

Hopefully just gonna stick with the Updated 1Plus2 and the Heir 8A. I still need to sell of the Sony MDR-7550s. Don't think they will get used much at all anymore to be honest...

Dec 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #174 of 546
All I can say after approx 72 hours of burn in.... is that,, T1 indeed sounds special!!!! Just like the reviews that i've been reading here.

Pairing it with DX100 and tg334... This combo sound oh so sweet, absolute joy to these ears :)
Background noise is non-existence... pitch black.. so definitely improvement to the clarity and overall definition and i can also hear that soundstage is slightly bigger.

For me the most improvement is the smoothness and how things sorta flow together effortlessly
Guitar plucking got that extra "twangg" sound and on some track i could hear more bass reverberation...

Will post more impression when I got more burn in time with this lovely amp.

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #175 of 546
How well does the T1 pair with the He-500 and He-400. These are main full size can's that i am currently Using with my Ibasso dx100. I really love the sound of the o2. I am wondering if the T1 is a noticable upgrade over the O2.

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #176 of 546
In terms of Power the O2 has more power. But in terms of quality I feel the T1 has better sound quality over the O2. Now will the T1 be enough volume for you? I'm not so sure. However connected to my DACport LX I found it to have way too much power when combined with that DAC in bit for bit. So I couldn't use it with good volume control before hitting channel imbalance. So it may have more than enough power in regards to volume needed.

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #177 of 546
Just finished my full review of the T1 over on my blog... 

http://passionforsound.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/tralucent-t1/

I seriously love this little amplifier. Was listening to it with my HD650s the other night and was amazed at how well it drove the HD650s for a portable. 

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #179 of 546
Good read Loquah, thanks for finding the time to post your blog.

Was enjoying mine then it ran out of charge :frowning2: so far maybe a little over 20 hours on mine.

Also has anyone tried a different mini-usb cale to charge their T1?  I've tried a cheapy cable with multiple charge connectors on the end of it,. It's not as loose but still loose..

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #180 of 546
Quote:
Good read Loquah, thanks for finding the time to post your blog.

Was enjoying mine then it ran out of charge :frowning2: so far maybe a little over 20 hours on mine.

Also has anyone tried a different mini-usb cale to charge their T1?  I've tried a cheapy cable with multiple charge connectors on the end of it,. It's not as loose but still loose..

Do you mean loose, as in, USB connection feels loose once plugged into the amplifier? In other words, jiggles around? There's a bit of play with the 2 cables (can't find the Tralucent supplied one, only 2 of my own). Had a short one for laptop and a longer one for charging off power point/PSU and they jiggle a bit too. Still charges - no interruption to charge as far as LED charging light goes..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back