Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and questions here
post-8982537
Post #166 of 546

nk77

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
664
Reaction score
16
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Posts
664
Likes
16
Quote:
  I will post back with what I think....I am also very curious about the reports of this thing outdoing the pico slim for IEMs as I've always thought highly of this amp in my experience with IEMs.  Endless toys.
 
Cool thanks beforehand. I have read mixed impressions on the pico slim so I decided against for the moment. I would still like to try it out one of these days for comparison.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8982543
Post #167 of 546

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
16,803
Reaction score
450
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
450
Quote:
 
Cool thanks beforehand. I have read mixed impressions on the pico slim so I decided against for the moment. I would still like to try it out one of these days for comparison.

I ended up going for the UHA4 instead from all the good reviews. Plus the UHA4 is the Arrow Killer :wink:. The UHA6 MKII would crush the Pico IMO but you don't get as good of a volume control. Thing is it was very good still for general purposes unless you were using it with a very powerful source. Also keep in mind a digital pot does take away some transparency from the amp.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8982559
Post #168 of 546

nk77

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
664
Reaction score
16
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Posts
664
Likes
16
Quote:
I ended up going for the UHA4 instead from all the good reviews. Plus the UHA4 is the Arrow Killer :wink:. The UHA6 MKII would crush the Pico IMO but you don't get as good of a volume control. Thing is it was very good still for general purposes unless you were using it with a very powerful source. Also keep in mind a digital pot does take away some transparency from the amp.
 
Yeh was gonna mention that but deleted it...was gonna say that I would most probably try the UHA6S-MKII before I would consider the pico slim mainly due to reviews and your comments...
 
     Share This Post       
post-8982564
Post #169 of 546

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
16,803
Reaction score
450
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
450
Quote:
 
Yeh was gonna mention that but deleted it...was gonna say that I would most probably try the UHA6S-MKII before I would consider the pico slim mainly due to reviews and your comments...

Still ended up selling it in the end though :p & kept the T1 :wink:. However if not for the Triad I would still have the UHA6 MKII for my desktop. It was really that good. Just doesn't serve me as well on the go as the T1 does so in the end it wasn't getting used and was collecting dust. I have to admit though if you are looking for the ultimate in low volume listening without channel imbalance (talking sissy-girl volumes lol) the UHA4 and I'm sure the Pico would work really well in that situation.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8982594
Post #170 of 546

nk77

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
664
Reaction score
16
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Posts
664
Likes
16
Quote:
Still ended up selling it in the end though :p & kept the T1 :wink:. However if not for the Triad I would still have the UHA6 MKII for my desktop. It was really that good. Just doesn't serve me as well on the go as the T1 does so in the end it wasn't getting used and was collecting dust. I have to admit though if you are looking for the ultimate in low volume listening without channel imbalance (talking sissy-girl volumes lol) the UHA4 and I'm sure the Pico would work really well in that situation.
 
Oh wow I didn't realise you sold it. A sad farewell indeed but made room for the T1 I guess...what else do you have in your sights for future (mainly IEM use)?
 
     Share This Post       
post-8982936
Post #171 of 546

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
16,803
Reaction score
450
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
450
Quote:
 
Oh wow I didn't realise you sold it. A sad farewell indeed but made room for the T1 I guess...what else do you have in your sights for future (mainly IEM use)?

Hopefully just gonna stick with the Updated 1Plus2 and the Heir 8A. I still need to sell of the Sony MDR-7550s. Don't think they will get used much at all anymore to be honest...
 
     Share This Post       
post-8996613
Post #172 of 546

nk77

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
664
Reaction score
16
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Posts
664
Likes
16
Quote:
And I got the last one from KK. sorry, can't give the impressions yet since the T1 still on long shipping routes to my hometown in Bajawa, Flores, NTT.
Will post the impressions once I received it.
 
Welcome to head-fi. Look forward to impressions thanks.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8998231
Post #173 of 546

rudi0504

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Messages
4,526
Reaction score
449
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Posts
4,526
Likes
449
Hi Jemmy
Please burn in first at least 50 hours to get the right sound signature from your T1
Out the box soumd is nothing special
 
     Share This Post       
post-9000673
Post #174 of 546

ace8888

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
443
Reaction score
16
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Posts
443
Likes
16
All I can say after approx 72 hours of burn in.... is that,, T1 indeed sounds special!!!! Just like the reviews that i've been reading here.

Pairing it with DX100 and tg334... This combo sound oh so sweet, absolute joy to these ears :)
Background noise is non-existence... pitch black.. so definitely improvement to the clarity and overall definition and i can also hear that soundstage is slightly bigger.

For me the most improvement is the smoothness and how things sorta flow together effortlessly
Guitar plucking got that extra "twangg" sound and on some track i could hear more bass reverberation...

Will post more impression when I got more burn in time with this lovely amp.
 
     Share This Post       
post-9001206
Post #175 of 546

Poetic

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
407
Reaction score
10
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Posts
407
Likes
10
How well does the T1 pair with the He-500 and He-400. These are main full size can's that i am currently Using with my Ibasso dx100. I really love the sound of the o2. I am wondering if the T1 is a noticable upgrade over the O2.
 
     Share This Post       
post-9001241
Post #176 of 546

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
16,803
Reaction score
450
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
450
In terms of Power the O2 has more power. But in terms of quality I feel the T1 has better sound quality over the O2. Now will the T1 be enough volume for you? I'm not so sure. However connected to my DACport LX I found it to have way too much power when combined with that DAC in bit for bit. So I couldn't use it with good volume control before hitting channel imbalance. So it may have more than enough power in regards to volume needed.
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-9005346
Post #177 of 546

Loquah

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 10, 2010
Messages
4,709
Reaction score
2,239
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Joined
May 10, 2010
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Posts
4,709
Likes
2,239
Website
passionforsound.lachlanfennen.com
Just finished my full review of the T1 over on my blog... 
 
http://passionforsound.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/tralucent-t1/
 
I seriously love this little amplifier. Was listening to it with my HD650s the other night and was amazed at how well it drove the HD650s for a portable. 
 
     Share This Post       
  • Like
Reactions: nk77
post-9011777
Post #178 of 546

azarel

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
131
Reaction score
15
Joined
May 15, 2008
Posts
131
Likes
15
anyone tried T1 with studio v 3rd anv player? 
 
     Share This Post       
post-9013438
Post #179 of 546

chiman

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 24, 2011
Messages
347
Reaction score
19
Joined
Nov 24, 2011
Posts
347
Likes
19
Good read Loquah, thanks for finding the time to post your blog.
 
Was enjoying mine then it ran out of charge :frowning2: so far maybe a little over 20 hours on mine.
 
Also has anyone tried a different mini-usb cale to charge their T1?  I've tried a cheapy cable with multiple charge connectors on the end of it,. It's not as loose but still loose..
 
     Share This Post       
post-9015317
Post #180 of 546

nk77

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
664
Reaction score
16
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Posts
664
Likes
16
Quote:
Good read Loquah, thanks for finding the time to post your blog.
 
Was enjoying mine then it ran out of charge :frowning2: so far maybe a little over 20 hours on mine.
 
Also has anyone tried a different mini-usb cale to charge their T1?  I've tried a cheapy cable with multiple charge connectors on the end of it,. It's not as loose but still loose..
 
Do you mean loose, as in, USB connection feels loose once plugged into the amplifier? In other words, jiggles around? There's a bit of play with the 2 cables (can't find the Tralucent supplied one, only 2 of my own). Had a short one for laptop and a longer one for charging off power point/PSU and they jiggle a bit too. Still charges - no interruption to charge as far as LED charging light goes..
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top