Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and questions here
Mar 7, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #511 of 546

I know it's not ideal, but can you charge externally in the meantime?

It was one of my first thoughts,  although I don't have a charger for the 9V battery.  
tongue.gif

I was going to leave two screws in the top plate only..  I have chargers for AA battery's no 9V connection though. 

Doh. :frowning2:

Mar 8, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #512 of 546
Regarding Shigzeo's review, I am thinking that the T1 was designed to compliment the 1P2 and to bring warmth to take the edge of the analytical "brightness" or "clarity" or "sharpness"(if you will)?   Yet with my warm, thick AS2, it definately tightens and deepens the bass and somehow makes the mids and highs clearer and sharper.   (Sorry, I admit my descriptions are monkee vs audiophile speak, I need to study the excellent glossary of terms on the site.)

Mar 8, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #513 of 546
Regarding Shigzeo's review, I am thinking that the T1 was designed to compliment the 1P2 and to bring warmth to take the edge of the analytical "brightness" or "clarity" or "sharpness"(if you will)?   Yet with my warm, thick AS2, it definately tightens and deepens the bass and somehow makes the mids and highs clearer and sharper.   (Sorry, I admit my descriptions are monkee vs audiophile speak, I need to study the excellent glossary of terms on the site.)

I think that's a pretty good theory indeed. Having heard them both I can see the tonalitys blending well.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #517 of 546
Ok, the new battery arrived and the amp is performing very well, much better. Sounds fantastic, the volume pot is more responsive, there's more power and clarity is pushing through with ease and the soundstage is very wide. Sounds like a reborn amp. Thanks for everyone's help.

Mar 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #519 of 546
T1 is a magic simple inexpensive terrific sounding amp which saved me from spending more pennies on ALO, RSA or Vorzuge amps, glad i found out about T1 before pulling a trigger.

Btw, H20, i sold my DX50, good DAP no problems but amp section of DX50 sucks big way :frowning2:

And another good news, i decided to keep my V1 which pairs amazingly well with S9.

now i am on the fence waiting for Calyx M and if M will be good to me then my portable gear journey almost ends, will add uBer cable later and done. :D

Mar 20, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #520 of 546
The secret of T1 sound as i hear it:
T1 is true to source, it will keep signal clean and powerful enough for IEMs, some very small coloration might be more because of IEM rather than because of T1.
I call my T1 a cleaner and organiser, when i use it on RWAK100 i find no change in sound sig but what i hear is better separation and articulation, especially lower mids get very clean space. Perhaps not ideally uncolored but T1 is much truer to source than many other amps i heard.

And the best part of the news is T1 price which is well under 300$ and makes it a good bargain compared to more expensive ALO or RSA amps.

Mar 21, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #522 of 546
T1 is a magic simple inexpensive terrific sounding amp which saved me from spending more pennies on ALO, RSA or Vorzuge amps, glad i found out about T1 before pulling a trigger.

Btw, H20, i sold my DX50, good DAP no problems but amp section of DX50 sucks big way
frown.gif

And another good news, i decided to keep my V1 which pairs amazingly well with S9.

now i am on the fence waiting for Calyx M and if M will be good to me then my portable gear journey almost ends, will add uBer cable later and done.
biggrin.gif

You sold your DX50? I just bought another one. 
tongue.gif
 It's a long complicated story but I have one again for long term stabilization testing!

The T1 is now performing well, I think most obvious changes is soundstage width, no longer closed in how I heard it previously.

Rather wide now and airy. I use it with C3 for the time being as DX50 is running a pair of Shure  SHR940. (I'd like to think I'm done for a while /purchases)

Quote:
Hey! Is the t1 capable of driving full sized cans like the lcd-2?

I really don't know sorry, but I hope someone can help you!

Mar 21, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #523 of 546

You sold your DX50? I just bought another one. 
tongue.gif
 It's a long complicated story but I have one again for long term stabilization testing!

The T1 is now performing well, I think most obvious changes is soundstage width, no longer closed in how I heard it previously.

Rather wide now and airy. I use it with C3 for the time being as DX50 is running a pair of Shure  SHR940. (I'd like to think I'm done for a while /purchases)

mate, you bought SHR940 ??? how are they sounding, please in PM me 
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #525 of 546
Ok, the new battery arrived and the amp is performing very well, much better. Sounds fantastic, the volume pot is more responsive, there's more power and clarity is pushing through with ease and the soundstage is very wide. Sounds like a reborn amp. Thanks for everyone's help.

May I know what battery you have purchased?
Wanna try swapping batteries around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back