Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jul 1, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #2,941 of 6,404
Jul 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #2,942 of 6,404
Treble will be filtered too much. :wink:

Ugh. Exactly what I hate about comply tips lol. But it is so weird to cut em. Got a pic of how much you chopped off?

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #2,943 of 6,404

2nd one (from left) is the best for me (about 1/4)

Just cut with scissors. Don't hesitate much,  one cut will do the job :wink:

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #2,945 of 6,404
Jul 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #2,946 of 6,404
Jul 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #2,947 of 6,404
Quote:

That's where you would likely prefer the Ts500's.

What's the difference between the Ts200 and Ts500? Can't really see any difference.... Comparing the Ts200 to the large comply tips that came with the Suis (I think they are 400 tips?) the Ts200 is a bigger tip overall with more width which allows for a seal while the large 400 tips don't give any such seal.

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #2,948 of 6,404
Quote:
What's the difference between the Ts200 and Ts500? Can't really see any difference.... Comparing the Ts200 to the large comply tips that came with the Suis (I think they are 400 tips?) the Ts200 is a bigger tip overall with more width which allows for a seal while the large 400 tips don't give any such seal.

I've never used Ts200's so I'm not sure what the difference is, I've always assumed nozzle size.

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #2,949 of 6,404
I own TX200, S400, TS400, T500, and TX500.
The core diameter of 400 is larger than 200 and 500.
500 has almost the same core diameter as the 200 but the material streches better.
So the nozzle size the tips will fit: 500 > 400 > 200.
500 and 400 are too loose on the GR07, 200 is okay.
UE, Sennheiser and Fitear can use both 500 and 400.
The TS/TSX are larger than the T/TX, medium T/TX has almost the same size as small TS/TSX.

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #2,950 of 6,404
Quote:
Glad they are working out for you. Earlier on you seemed rather upset that they weren't going to be what you wanted.

:) Well you know, I might aswell go with a bang :) 

They are more than working out for me!

Yeah, I was worried after a post about bass, as I like it, and experienced exactly the same as was described, until I got a seal, then my world changed.

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #2,951 of 6,404
Thank You to everyone that said they liked my 'phones and photo! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #2,952 of 6,404
:) Well you know, I might aswell go with a bang :) 

They are more than working out for me!

Yeah, I was worried after a post about bass, as I like it, and experienced exactly the same as was described, until I got a seal, then my world changed.

That would be me :)

I was attempting to put the 1Plus2 down really. :p

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #2,953 of 6,404
Quote:
That would be me
smily_headphones1.gif

I was attempting to put the 1Plus2 down really.
tongue.gif

Well, I did go off the deep end (no pun intended), and I actually wrote a post exactly the same as yours, and even asked Gavin if I could buy some Silvers 
biggrin.gif
, then I was walking through town and I could hear ambient noise popping through, so even though these tips felt like they were giving me an ear fisting, they were not sealing.

Then as I walked through the park back home I turned to look at a bird as it happens (an actual bird, with wings, not a fit chick) and one ear sealed and then all of a sudden I could hear all of this beautiful bass. As soon as I turned my head back, I lost the seal. That was when I emailed Gavin and asked which Comply I should order, next day they arrived (I think I paid the same for delivery as the tips), and then that was that. No fiddling around, simply roll 'em, stuff 'em, hold 'em for a sec and I get a rock solid seal every time. I do have big ear canals.

I actually arrived home to these and a set of Fostex TH900's. For my tastes, I prefer these and in reality Mr. (I assume) Cravenz it was you that did that massive analysis and spent precious time generously explaining. It was after that post that I thought "Well, let's wait and see". So in reality, thank you Sir (I assume) as if I had cancelled the order I wouldn't even know what I was missing.

Now I am considering ordering another pair, just in case, redundancy....'ya know...

I will write a review, however as I mentioned it is just going to be a string of superlatives. 

I think these are like the B-2, you know, the stealth bomber that could have some secret anti gravity engine or componentry as really it shouldn't be able to fly but it does, just like these!

Totally rediscovering every single tune I have ever owned. Sometimes they are so good I feel like I want to vomit, like I am on a roller coaster or something. I will never even attempt to guess at how they did this, but they did. A big bass drum sounds like there is someone next to you playing a big bass drum. I am actually almost infatuated with this product. 

Listening to Sixtoo - Jackals and Vipers through 'em right now, some big sounds in that epic and these are making them even bigger! I have this perception of these already, or an analogy that I can't stop thinking about. Whereas headphones in general seem to usually inject sound waves into your ears, these seem to pull your entire brain into the shells and treat it to licks of ecstasy, the feeling, not the drug...actually, both 
cool.gif

I am learning that this is all down to taste, these are my favourite flavour, and if one does like bass then one will not be disappointed at all, in my own bass head's opinion 
biggrin.gif
 I have not EQ'd anything. 

Thanks Cravenz!

Northrop Grumman, check your 6!

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #2,955 of 6,404
Quote:
Well, I did go off the deep end (no pun intended), and I actually wrote a post exactly the same as yours, and even asked Gavin if I could buy some Silvers 
biggrin.gif
, then I was walking through town and I could hear ambient noise popping through, so even though these tips felt like they were giving me an ear fisting, they were not sealing.

Then as I walked through the park back home I turned to look at a bird as it happens (an actual bird, with wings, not a fit chick) and one ear sealed and then all of a sudden I could hear all of this beautiful bass. As soon as I turned my head back, I lost the seal. That was when I emailed Gavin and asked which Comply I should order, next day they arrived (I think I paid the same for delivery as the tips), and then that was that. No fiddling around, simply roll 'em, stuff 'em, hold 'em for a sec and I get a rock solid seal every time. I do have big ear canals.

I actually arrived home to these and a set of Fostex TH900's. For my tastes, I prefer these and in reality Mr. (I assume) Cravenz it was you that did that massive analysis and spent precious time generously explaining. It was after that post that I thought "Well, let's wait and see". So in reality, thank you Sir (I assume) as if I had cancelled the order I wouldn't even know what I was missing.

Now I am considering ordering another pair, just in case, redundancy....'ya know...

I will write a review, however as I mentioned it is just going to be a string of superlatives. 

I think these are like the B-2, you know, the stealth bomber that could have some secret anti gravity engine or componentry as really it shouldn't be able to fly but it does, just like these!

Totally rediscovering every single tune I have ever owned. Sometimes they are so good I feel like I want to vomit, like I am on a roller coaster or something. I will never even attempt to guess at how they did this, but they did. A big bass drum sounds like there is someone next to you playing a big bass drum. I am actually almost infatuated with this product. 

Listening to Sixtoo - Jackals and Vipers through 'em right now, some big sounds in that epic and these are making them even bigger! I have this perception of these already, or an analogy that I can't stop thinking about. Whereas headphones in general seem to usually inject sound waves into your ears, these seem to pull your entire brain into the shells and treat it to licks of ecstasy, the feeling, not the drug...actually, both 
cool.gif

I am learning that this is all down to taste, these are my favourite flavour, and if one does like bass then one will not be disappointed at all, in my own bass head's opinion 
biggrin.gif
 I have not EQ'd anything. 

Thanks Cravenz!

Northrop Grumman, check your 6!

What comply tips do you use now?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back