Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #1,966 of 6,404
What are the go to tips again by the way? Assuming I don't want foam for longevity reasons and also because it messes with the sound too much for my liking.

Cough.

Saw the auvio tips. But only in America?

There's the vmoda that lee brought up as well I think.

Anything else?

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #1,967 of 6,404
Quote:
If they fixed the UI added better file supporrt and improved a bit more on the sound we could finally have an endgame DAP. I'm very very interested what comes down the pike from HiSound.

I'm honestly a bit worried about them changing things on the updated model as the Nova N1 leaves a lot to be desired in the UI still and the touch pad it not that great. I stll prefer the Studio V UI and access of music over the N1 :frowning2:. Plus you take into the consideration the noises they've induced into the chain via the SD card reader, the screen and the slight hiss inherent to the music :frowning2:.... Still I do hope they get this right but I'm skeptical at this point....

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #1,968 of 6,404
Quote:
I'm honestly a bit worried about them changing things on the updated model as the Nova N1 leaves a lot to be desired in the UI still and the touch pad it not that great. I stll prefer the Studio V UI and access of music over the N1 :frowning2:. Plus you take into the consideration the noises they've induced into the chain via the SD card reader, the screen and the slight hiss inherent to the music :frowning2:.... Still I do hope they get this right but I'm skeptical at this point....

Nothing more to add about the upcoming new HiSound DAP except

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #1,969 of 6,404
Subscribed! Time to look out for these bad boys. One of the very few hopes for high end universal IEMs.
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #1,971 of 6,404
lee730, do you happen to know if the IE8 stock tips will work on the 1plus2s? I'm just trying to see if I should get spare tips given the selection issues with those provided?

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #1,974 of 6,404
These have had a lot of ear time since i have had them with me and may i say, im starting to understand them. The bass is as amazing as ever, i mean, there really is little to complain about. The mids do no longer seem so thin, maybe because i am starting to appreciate where they are meant to be in the music and maybe also due to a bit of burn in. For certain though i do not think they are thin, they are well positioned (for the most part) and oh so detailed and the midrange balance is just great to my ears, it really shows some unbalance in other earphones such as the Musical Fidelity EB-50 that i painfully wore in the gym today (cant risk it with these can i :wink: felt so un even, the tilt toward the high mids so glaring towards me. Treble i have made little comments on so far because well it offers sparkle, an nice air and is not fatiguing. So yes you could say i really am falling for the sound as i just read that back and it looks like i am struggling to find faults. Maybe the midrange could just have a bit more presence, i get the whole stage thing but some times they do feel like the vocalist is a bit too behind, not thin like before but just a bit weak at times. Also the bass can really spring up in some songs but perhaps a tad too much, i dunno thats just my preference but technically the bass really is jaw dropping. The signature is certainly U shaped to my ears at this moment and the bass is clearly boosted, especially towards the sub-bass and the treble more forward than the mids.

I do however find the cable stupidly microphonic, unflexible and very chunky for portable use, it is thicker than my HiFiMAN HE-500 cable for example (much better quality that it however).

Also i just wish they sat nicer and more flush in my ear, like the Heir IEMs and the UE900 do. They feel just a bit bulky in my ears and also the small bump causes the slightest amount of discomfort.

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #1,975 of 6,404
Quote:
These have had a lot of ear time since i have had them with me and may i say, im starting to understand them. The bass is as amazing as ever, i mean, there really is little to complain about. The mids do no longer seem so thin, maybe because i am starting to appreciate where they are meant to be in the music and maybe also due to a bit of burn in. For certain though i do not think they are thin, they are well positioned (for the most part) and oh so detailed and the midrange balance is just great to my ears, it really shows some unbalance in other earphones such as the Musical Fidelity EB-50 that i painfully wore in the gym today (cant risk it with these can i :wink: felt so un even, the tilt toward the high mids so glaring towards me. Treble i have made little comments on so far because well it offers sparkle, an nice air and is not fatiguing. So yes you could say i really am falling for the sound as i just read that back and it looks like i am struggling to find faults. Maybe the midrange could just have a bit more presence, i get the whole stage thing but some times they do feel like the vocalist is a bit too behind, not thin like before but just a bit weak at times. Also the bass can really spring up in some songs but perhaps a tad too much, i dunno thats just my preference but technically the bass really is jaw dropping. The signature is certainly U shaped to my ears at this moment and the bass is clearly boosted, especially towards the sub-bass and the treble more forward than the mids.

I do however find the cable stupidly microphonic, unflexible and very chunky for portable use, it is thicker than my HiFiMAN HE-500 cable for example (much better quality that it however).

Also i just wish they sat nicer and more flush in my ear, like the Heir IEMs and the UE900 do. They feel just a bit bulky in my ears and also the small bump causes the slightest amount of discomfort.

Thanks for the straightforward impressions. Great info.

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #1,976 of 6,404
With more time i certainly want to delve into comparison as this will properly help with me explaining the sound as i am not too impressed with the above explanation. Its hard to explain its unique ways, its not like your ordinary top end IEM, thats for sure. They are earphones that require some getting used to time.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #1,977 of 6,404
Quote:
With more time i certainly want to delve into comparison as this will properly help with me explaining the sound as i am not too impressed with the above explanation. Its hard to explain its unique ways, its not like your ordinary top end IEM, thats for sure. They are earphones that require some getting used to time.

What iem does it's signature resemble? From your impressions I'm thinking GR07 with smoother but also emphasized top end. Or does it have more bass than the GR07?

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #1,978 of 6,404
They're very unique in subtle ways...in short part full size headphone in terms of head stage, space, and ambiance....part speaker in terms of immediacy, PRaT, and openness...layers, separation, placement are all top notch...

I too feel Gavin did his homework matching the cables....my symbiote SE doesn't do the 1p2 justice...the stock silver suits it better...I'll try to elaborate further in due time... :wink:

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #1,979 of 6,404
I only needed a short listen and don't know the specifics of break in on them but the mid bass should lessen as they open up and sound more extended both directions while becoming faster or seemingly quitter between notes. Haven't had a silver cable before but have heard they take a couple hundred hours to run in themselves.

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #1,980 of 6,404
Quote:
lee730, do you happen to know if the IE8 stock tips will work on the 1plus2s? I'm just trying to see if I should get spare tips given the selection issues with those provided?

I think they could work although the IE80 stock tips never worked for me anyways (on the IE80s even). So my V-moda bass tips did the trick for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back