Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Nov 28, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #5,821 of 6,404
The person who has developed/made and tuned the 1Plus2 this way, has done an incredible job! :rolleyes:  

I would say, almost...

Yup. Spkrs01 did a fantastic job with them. In fact, they are great with your desktop rig as well. How many iems can you say that about? Of course, at Low volumes. Spkrs01 suggested I try it when I first got it and I was astonished. They do scale up very well indeed. :)

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #5,822 of 6,404
Im waiting for my Toxic Cables Silver Widow22 to arrive, meanwhile I can only look at my 1plu2's as the cable I have just falls off them. I decided to wait for the cable & not worry about the glue etc with my current cable.
All I know is It was love at first listen when I heard it on the Australian tour. I even have Frank putting on the same type of connectors...Should be great...

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #5,823 of 6,404
  Im waiting for my Toxic Cables Silver Widow22 to arrive, meanwhile I can only look at my 1plu2's as the cable I have just falls off them. I decided to wait for the cable & not worry about the glue etc with my current cable.
All I know is It was love at first listen when I heard it on the Australian tour. I even have Frank putting on the same type of connectors...Should be great...

I have been using that glue method with my ASG-2 and Silver Widow. its very simple and effective. Just apply the craft glue to the female socket edges with a toothpick then allow it to dry. Once the glue is dry the plug fits tightly. Its completely reversible anytime and can be repeated. In theory you're building up some foundation on the walls of the socket.

Orginally I was applying the glue and plugging in the cable, I don't do this anymore.

Much easier allowing it to dry.

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #5,824 of 6,404

I have been using that glue method with my ASG-2 and Silver Widow. its very simple and effective. Just apply the craft glue to the female socket edges with a toothpick then allow it to dry. Once the glue is dry the plug fits tightly. Its completely reversible anytime and can be repeated. In theory you're building up some foundation on the walls of the socket.

Orginally I was applying the glue and plugging in the cable, I don't do this anymore.

Much easier allowing it to dry.

Oh Thanks for that, I will be doing that for sure then. Seems easy enough & easily reversible great.
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #5,825 of 6,404
Oh Thanks for that, I will be doing that for sure then. Seems easy enough & easily reversible great.:D  

Just keep in mind you only need a 'little bit' of craft glue, just a thin layer on each wall of the recessed socket, takes about 30 minutes to dry, it also drys clear. If you ever want to remove the glue it simply lifts off the acrylic shells easily.

I had my 1Plus2 out earlier, just couldn't get a seal tonight on my left ear, too lazy to sit up from my bed and fix it for 2 seconds so I put them away. :p

I'm at a stage where my 1Plus2 sound excellent with iBasso DX90 (but I feel you really need the Tralucent branded silver cable for it), but with some genres they can sound thin with DX90.

DX80 offers more versatility with thicker note weight but the detail is 'not quite' at DX90 levels, not quite there. So, I leave them with DX90.

Jan 1, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #5,826 of 6,404
Today I was preparing my ASG-2 shells for a cable fit. Here's an example of the glue method applied, the glue is fresh, still wet. Its exactly the same method we use on the 1Plus2 shells so I'll post it here.

Once the glue drys (take about an hour) it will turn clear and flatten out considerably inside the recessed socket.

This is what allows the male cable plugs a tighter fit. Once done you can even remove and reinstall different cables which will all fit tighter as the glue sticks/stays on the recessed socket.

We use a toothpick to apply the glue.

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #5,827 of 6,404
  Today I was preparing my ASG-2 shells for a cable fit. Here's an example of the glue method applied, the glue is fresh, still wet. Its exactly the same method we use on the 1Plus2 shells so I'll post it here.

Once the glue drys (take about an hour) it will turn clear and flatten out considerably inside the recessed socket.

This is what allows the male cable plugs a tighter fit. Once done you can even remove and reinstall different cables which will all fit tighter as the glue sticks/stays on the recessed socket.

We use a toothpick to apply the glue.

Pretty neat. What type of glue do you use?

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #5,828 of 6,404

Pretty neat. What type of glue do you use?

I use this non-toxic - PVA Glue.

Its quite important you use a non-toxic based glue otherwise you can really screw up the acrylic shells.

This means NO super glue, no epoxy bond, nothing chemical based etc. Just stick with the PVA glue which won't damage the shells.

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #5,830 of 6,404
I use DX90, firmware 2.2.0. (has to be 2.2.0)

I have tried some other players, Colorfly C4, Cayin N6, iBasso DX80, but none have given the same edge.

I also feel to achieve this sound with DX90 the Tralucent pure silver cable is absolutely required and Heir tips.

Bascially, I have them tuned in how I enjoy 1Plus2 and just leave them alone. One might say the sound is a little cold, overly transparent and on the thin side, especially before you let your mind adjust. But its also this combination which allows the ear melting clarity levels and overly clean presentation of 1Plus2 and leans on my natural preference.

I'm quite happy until I hear another IEM which chooses to truly challenge the Tralucent.

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #5,831 of 6,404
I use a RWAK120B to Cypher Labs Duet with a RSA balanced Uber cable. Found this the perfect cure for mobility upgraditis syndrome. Not even curious of the Layla, KSE1500 or others. Cannot sacrifice the dynamic driver bass for anything while also having spot on mids an treble also.

Jan 11, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #5,832 of 6,404
I've used the 1Plus2 on my Fiio X5 and I think it sounds really good as well. But my perfect sound so far has been using them on the AK120 S-mod via the Tralucent T1 amp. Simpy sublime. 

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #5,833 of 6,404
  I've used the 1Plus2 on my Fiio X5 and I think it sounds really good as well. But my perfect sound so far has been using them on the AK120 S-mod via the Tralucent T1 amp. Simpy sublime. 

I'm sure there are better sources than iBasso DX90 for 1Plus2.

Its just that... I'm yet to hear them or toss my wallet around in a senseless fashion attempting to discover them. One would assume Tralucent DacAmp One could be the ultimate fruit but it makes 1Plus2 too edgy, bright, maybe even sterile (at least in DAC mode with the silver cable imo). I believe its really a degree of synergy or chemistry between the source, IEM and your personal preference to find the correct sound. Not throwing the largest dollar bill at the obvious every time. But if I ever travel to the DAP Kingdom where every player known to mankind is present to demo, I will surely investigate them in search of an upgrade.

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #5,834 of 6,404

I'm sure there are better sources than iBasso DX90 for 1Plus2.

Its just that... I'm yet to hear them or toss my wallet around in a senseless fashion attempting to discover them. One would assume Tralucent DacAmp One could be the ultimate fruit but it makes 1Plus2 too edgy, bright, maybe even sterile (at least in DAC mode with the silver cable imo). I believe its really a degree of synergy or chemistry between the source, IEM and your personal preference to find the correct sound. Not throwing the largest dollar bill at the obvious every time. But if I ever travel to the DAP Kingdom where every player known to mankind is present to demo, I will surely investigate them in search of an upgrade.

I like DX90 with 1Plus2, but this is my regular night-time listening :wink:

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #5,835 of 6,404

I like DX90 with 1Plus2, but this is my regular night-time listening :wink:

You know, I just let a Mojo unit slip by me for $600 AUD yesterday, reason being I may have an upcoming IEM purchase soon.

What cable are you running with your Mojo / 1Plus2?

And tell me more about this sound difference you hear, every juicy detail. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back