Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Oct 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #467 of 6,404
I was just told to leave the volume at an uncomfortable listening level. Of course you should be resting your amp, and not have it constantly playing 24/7.
Quote:
So playing tracks through good source but what about volume? Should you keep increasing volume on the amp over time? 

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #468 of 6,404
Quote:
I was just told to leave the volume at an uncomfortable listening level. Of course you should be resting your amp, and not have it constantly playing 24/7.

Well I let it play in a loop.. I've had it on for over 24 hours at a time. I keep the volume at a slightly above comfortable level on the IEMs.

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #477 of 6,404
Quote:
All I can say right now is that they're ****ing incredible with live rock (Evanescence).

When it involves rating live music I usually listen to Jazz At The Pawn Shop, Pulse by Pink Floyd, or Is Anybody Out There also by Pink Floyd. You should try giving those 3 CD's a spin if you have them handy.

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #478 of 6,404
Quote:
All I can say right now is that they're ****ing incredible with live rock (Evanescence).

These IEMs are extremely resolving.... Listening to them through my Triad L3 is draw-dropping....... The dynamics, sound-staging is unbelievable.... I really do feel like I am wearing full size headphones.... Listening to 24/192 and 24/92 really shows you the true potential of these IEMs. It's insane.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #479 of 6,404
Quote:
When it involves rating live music I usually listen to Jazz At The Pawn Shop, Pulse by Pink Floyd, or Is Anybody Out There also by Pink Floyd. You should try giving those 3 CD's a spin if you have them handy.

My two live recording references that I've been using lately are Iron & Wine's 02/15/2008 Wheaton, Il concert and The Tiger Lillies "Urine Palace".

Iron & Wine have released numerous live recordings on playedlastnight.com (although it doesn't seem to be around anymore), the Wheaton, Il concert is rather unique in that it's Sam Beam solo with his acoustic guitar. It's very well recorded and very intimate recording.

The Tiger Lillies are probably an acquired taste by most. The singer trained himself as an opera singer with a castrati style voice and the rest of the band is mainly made up of accordian, double bass and drums. They look at the darker, seedier side of life so it's definitely not for everyone. The "Urine Palace" recording takes place in a few locales but they all seem to be of the smaller club variety so there's a very personal, intimate feel to it as well with a lot of audible queues from the audience.

Oct 16, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #480 of 6,404
So I just got the silver cables in. They are not burned in yet so I'm only going to give brief comparison to the silver/gold cable I've been trying to listen to.

The mid bass is more tamed, and the vocals now seem more clear. The silver/gold cable creates a richer tone, and as some have stated, gives the sound realism. The silver cable is much more resolving, and since the creep is less apparent, I really am starting to like the whole 1+2 and T1 system. I still have to give it a good amount of burn in, so until then.

Edit: Oh yes, and the Westone stock cable is a pile of trash. Muffled, bloated, congested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back