Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Oct 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #452 of 6,404
It's really hard to make fair comparisons as I had less than an hour with them and also distractions. But from what I heard I liked them but still didn't find them better than my Tralucents. I'll say there seemed to be slightly more treble energy (not much but just a tad) bass was still in nice quantity but lacks the presence/authority of the Tralucents. The sound stage was smaller as well in comparison. The mids were neutral, a tad more upfront. The Tralucents vocals are more spacious, thicker. Overall I was surprised at how thick (condensed) the 334s sounded. Not that it was a negative but wasn't expecting that.

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #453 of 6,404
Quote:
It's really hard to make fair comparisons as I had less than an hour with them and also distractions. But from what I heard I liked them but still didn't find them better than my Tralucents. I'll say there seemed to be slightly more treble energy (not much but just a tad) bass was still in nice quantity but lacks the presence/authority of the Tralucents. The sound stage was smaller as well in comparison. The mids were lush, a tad more upfront. The Tralucents vocals are more spacious, thicker.

Gah, that's a sham that you only had small time with them. Thanks for the quick comparison even with the lack of listening time.

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #454 of 6,404
Hahaha I almost forgot about this thread. After GG told me that after burn-in, I may actually like them now, I'm itching for another audition. He mentioned something about mids being much more forward now than before, and sometime this or next week, I should be getting my DHC Symbiote and he should be getting his cable back from repair so maybe we can test it with some excellent cables 
etysmile.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #455 of 6,404
Quote:
Hahaha I almost forgot about this thread. After GG told me that after burn-in, I may actually like them now, I'm itching for another audition. He mentioned something about mids being much more forward now than before, and sometime this or next week, I should be getting my DHC Symbiote and he should be getting his cable back from repair so maybe we can test it with some excellent cables 
etysmile.gif

Do I see a PFE232 going up for sale in the near future? :wink:...

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #456 of 6,404
Quote:

Do I see a PFE232 going up for sale in the near future? :wink:...

Actually, maybe. They are great IEMs, but I seriously want to upgrade my CIEMs even further. I was planning on asking UM again if they are down to add in a Dynamic driver and add a vent in my shell so it's almost like a Merlin, but I want to retain the glorious mids as well. Quite the feat, maybe that's why they denied my offer earlier

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #457 of 6,404
Yeah probably not good for business making an IEM that may sound as good if not better for less :p. The Miracle also has my attention as well now....
rolleyes.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #458 of 6,404
Miracles are known for their balanced sound, and as surprising as it may seem, the Merlin supposedly has more bass than the 1P2. I cannot confirm this because it's been a while since I demoed the Merlin and Miracles.

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #459 of 6,404
Quote:
Miracles are known for their balanced sound, and as surprising as it may seem, the Merlin supposedly has more bass than the 1P2. I cannot confirm this because it's been a while since I demoed the Merlin and Miracles.

If you read earlier on in the thread a headfier made a direct comparison and I think he feels the Tralucents bass is even better. More presence especially in the low region yet it is well controlled (bass is more like a full-size headphone). While the Merlins mid-range is a bit boosted in the upper register.

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #460 of 6,404
Quote:
If you read earlier on in the thread a headfier made a direct comparison and I think he feels the Tralucents bass is even better. More presence especially in the low region yet it is well controlled (bass is more like a full-size headphone). While the Merlins mid-range is a bit boosted in the upper register.

True, I did like the 1P2s bass quite a lot. I seriously need to give them another listen because both the T1 and 1P2 are both well burned-in now. I'll try the T1 with my CIEM with new cables and if I'm really impressed by the two, maybe I'll pick one up because I'm looking for a nice new portable amp 
tongue.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #461 of 6,404
Quote:

True, I did like the 1P2s bass quite a lot. I seriously need to give them another listen because both the T1 and 1P2 are both well burned-in now. I'll try the T1 with my CIEM with new cables and if I'm really impressed by the two, maybe I'll pick one up because I'm looking for a nice new portable amp 
tongue.gif

Yeah I kinda feel like a fool a bit lol because I've been burning in my amps the lazy way before being corrected. Although I have to say there still were changes (I think it may be due to the power going through the amp) but I wasn't putting the amp under load. I've been running it in with the Hisound Live buds attached to a 75 Ohm adapter. Figure that should put it under even more stress :p. I have to admit the sound has gotten better. Bass is more controlled yet still having the impact. Treble presence is definitely there. Saraguie also noticed this and that was his favorite aspect of the amp. I like how the sound stage is both upfront and wide. It's neither going overboard in either area. The O2 on the other hand goes overboard on both lol. It's too aggressive for me and the sound stage is too wide.... I like a combination of upfront sound and good width and depth to the sound stage. Then again regarding the sound stage width is more of a concern for me since all of my IEMs have large sound stages :wink:.

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #462 of 6,404
Should be interesting how it works with my UM. Also, I just noticed how you may have hinted out that the PFE232 are "over-priced" or under-performing for that price range is absolutely false IMO. First of all, I paid $500 for my pair, and yes I know it's still a lot, but when you think about it, it's definitely within Westone 4, Shure SE535, Earsonic SM3v2 territory, but I find the PFE232 to beat them all in overall ratings. I know this can go on for eternity so I'll leave it at that 
etysmile.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #463 of 6,404
True but I would never pay the MSRP price for any of those IEMs. The Shure's are honestly worth less than $300 IMO. Probably $250.00 and that is max. Although I wasn't pointing my earlier comment in that directions towards your PPF232s :wink:. I'd probably be more apt to try the 232s if they brought it down to $350.00 ($400.00 max).

Listening to a bunch of 24/96 and 24/192 and the Tralucents are scaling very nicely with these tracks. Generally I never really used IEMs to listen to such music. Normally my Open-back Denon 5000s were exclusively used for this purpose. But the Tralucents are doing an extremely good job in this area :p.

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #464 of 6,404
Quote:
Yeah I kinda feel like a fool a bit lol because I've been burning in my amps the lazy way before being corrected. Although I have to say there still were changes (I think it may be due to the power going through the amp) but I wasn't putting the amp under load. I've been running it in with the Hisound Live buds attached to a 75 Ohm adapter. Figure that should put it under even more stress :p.

What is this 'correct' method of burning in? Perhaps I should say more efficient way...

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #465 of 6,404
Well you want to put the amp under stress so feeding it a good signal and having it plugged into a headphone (this is what causes the stress or a load to the amp). Man cPlay is an amazing player. It's making me aware of the discrepancies of tracks on other players and even DAPs. In a way this isn't good because it's making me irritated when I can hear it :frowning2:..... Even on the DX100. Wish space wasn't a commodity or everything would be in WAV.... Even noticing these things on 24/192, 24/96.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back