Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #3,017 of 6,400

cravenz

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Posts
1,782
Likes
58
Quote:
After owning 8 pairs of… oh wait…er, wrong thread. Oops sorry!

 
confused.gif

 
Jul 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #3,019 of 6,400

Audiowood

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Posts
1,796
Likes
302
Location
Silicon Valley
Wow so much love for 1p2 recently..

Since we are talking about cable here, I recommend the new whiplash twag v3 cable. It bring out some weights yet maintaining the treble refinement as compare to gold. It's non-micro phonic, very easy to coil in pocket and looks beautiful. It has a wooden coin at the split and can be slide up and down very easily. My favorite iem cable by far. Do note i have not heard the uber cable yet so take these like 3 grain of rice.


And it's only $375.for those on a budget,
 
Jul 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #3,020 of 6,400

kkcc

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 15, 2013
Posts
2,890
Likes
323
Quote:
Wow so much love for 1p2 recently..

Since we are talking about cable here, I recommend the new whiplash twag v3 cable. It bring out some weights yet maintaining the treble refinement as compare to gold. It's non-micro phonic, very easy to coil in pocket and looks beautiful. It has a wooden coin at the split and can be slide up and down very easily. My favorite iem cable by far. Do note i have not heard the uber cable yet so take these like 3 grain of rice.


And it's only $375.for those on a budget,

 
I dig that wooden coin 
biggrin.gif
 
 

 
Jul 7, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #3,021 of 6,400

Nulliverse

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 16, 2011
Posts
564
Likes
112
Quote:
Wow so much love for 1p2 recently..

Since we are talking about cable here, I recommend the new whiplash twag v3 cable. It bring out some weights yet maintaining the treble refinement as compare to gold. It's non-micro phonic, very easy to coil in pocket and looks beautiful. It has a wooden coin at the split and can be slide up and down very easily. My favorite iem cable by far. Do note i have not heard the uber cable yet so take these like 3 grain of rice.


And it's only $375.for those on a budget,

 
I had considered the Twag V3. It's had good reviews and is nice looking cable. I quite liked the V1 and V2, but wasn't convinced. The Toxic Silver Poison changed my experience completely, however, so I figured the upgrade (Silver Widow) would be worth owning. It has a similar form factor to the V3, and costs less ($312). Am looking forward to comparing it to Tralucents finest! Perhaps I'll be able to borrow a V3 to throw into the comparison too...
 
Jul 7, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #3,022 of 6,400

Vespertine

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Posts
189
Likes
25
Oh The Drums!....The Drums...anything but humm-drum....
 
Playing bass that must be dipping down to close to 20Hz, it's free diving onto my tympanic membrane....
 
Clean as a whistle...Mariana Trench Deep.....
 
Silver/Golds 
wink_face.gif

 
Jul 7, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #3,023 of 6,400

Vespertine

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Posts
189
Likes
25
Quote:
 
I dig that wooden coin 
biggrin.gif
 
 

YEAH! That's the ONLY bit of build quality that I think could be improved a touch, the cinch. At the moment mine is a bit of stiff transparent plastic tube (like yours)...wood would be cool, or gold 
etysmile.gif

 
Jul 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #3,024 of 6,400

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
450
Quote:
if seriously i still willing to hear any IEM that would beat 1Plus2 in dynamics, stage and acoustical clarity.... remember i once said that 1Plus2 sounds rather like a big expensive loudspeaker and has amazing ability to produce vinyl like sound quality, refined pure musical masterpiece.

 
Sounds like you'd also like the Flat 4s :wink:. The instruments (especially drums) sound so life-like. They are also extremely dynamic :).
 
Jul 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #3,025 of 6,400

Y2HBK

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 3, 2009
Posts
117
Likes
11
Hey Lee - as someone that has heard the K3003 and had some time since obtaining the 1Plus2 - what are your thoughts now between the two? Is the 1Plus2 still the winner?

I enjoy my K3003s very much (wish it was a bit more "fun" maybe) as I really enjoy my HD800s (just wish there was a tad more low end), but for the price have been contemplating CIEMs instead or a hybrid such as this (am still in the return period for the K3003).
 
Jul 7, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #3,026 of 6,400

Mimouille

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Posts
11,782
Likes
8,332
Location
Beijing
Quote:
Wow so much love for 1p2 recently..

Since we are talking about cable here, I recommend the new whiplash twag v3 cable. It bring out some weights yet maintaining the treble refinement as compare to gold. It's non-micro phonic, very easy to coil in pocket and looks beautiful. It has a wooden coin at the split and can be slide up and down very easily. My favorite iem cable by far. Do note i have not heard the uber cable yet so take these like 3 grain of rice.


And it's only $375.for those on a budget,

The notion of budget is all relative :)
 
Jul 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #3,027 of 6,400

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
450
Quote:
Hey Lee - as someone that has heard the K3003 and had some time since obtaining the 1Plus2 - what are your thoughts now between the two? Is the 1Plus2 still the winner?

I enjoy my K3003s very much (wish it was a bit more "fun" maybe) as I really enjoy my HD800s (just wish there was a tad more low end), but for the price have been contemplating CIEMs instead or a hybrid such as this (am still in the return period for the K3003).

 
Y2HBK it has been quite a while since I heard the AKG3003. I did have them for about 2 to 3 weeks though and in that time I did very much enjoy them. They are a good IEM and I was even close to pulling the trigger on them myself. Although personally I prefer the 1Plus2. This was even the original model (Version 1). I know others won't agree with me but the pair of AKGs I had at the time (early version) did lack in coherency between the bass and mids for me. This left me feeling disconnected from the sound at times. It was a bit weird but it wasn't enough so to completely turn me off from the IEM. Just at times it was very noticeable.... That was one of the biggest issues I had with them. But personally the cable being fragile at the housing of the IEMs themselves was the biggest problem. I received the IEMs with a crimp in the cable at the bottom of the housing and could tell this was a weak point of this IEM. That with time the cable would fail. For $1,300 I don't see this as acceptable at all. Even if you are to baby it I can see it being a problem down the road. Now if they were to make this portion of the cable that much more sturdy then I'd have no issues with the design. Personally they should offer replaceable cables at this price point. I'm always for replaceable cables, you never know what could happen.
 
Going from memory the 1Plus2s are more fun sounding with the sound staging being more out of head and expansive. The treble is more refined yet smoother. Not as brassy as the AKGs (no grain at all to the treble). The mids are a bit thicker. The bass on the 1Plus2 is more controlled. Depending on which cables you use on them the 1Plus2 can have more bass quantity than the AKG or less. I feel the 1Plus2s bass is even better than the EX1000 bass which for me was the best bass I've heard on an IEM until now.
 
Jul 8, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #3,028 of 6,400

kkcc

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 15, 2013
Posts
2,890
Likes
323
Quote:
 
....... others won't agree with me but the pair of AKGs I had at the time (early version) did lack in coherency between the bass and mids for me. .....

 
Had there been any revision of the K3003?  I was hugely disappointed with the initial demo, and had written hybrids off my list after this and another poor demo of ASG-1.  I'm loving the 1plus2 and hope to love the ASG-2.  Did I get a flawed demo copy of the K3003 or there really had been newer tuning/revision of it?  It is currently heavily discounted (~USD1k) in some reputable Chinese online sellers so..... this is really a polarizing IEM with so many mixed comments I wonder if there are indeed revisions, or the QC is really not working!
 
Jul 8, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #3,029 of 6,400

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
450
Quote:
 
Had there been any revision of the K3003?  I was hugely disappointed with the initial demo, and had written hybrids off my list after this and another poor demo of ASG-1.  I'm loving the 1plus2 and hope to love the ASG-2.  Did I get a flawed demo copy of the K3003 or there really had been newer tuning/revision of it?  It is currently heavily discounted (~USD1k) in some reputable Chinese online sellers so..... this is really a polarizing IEM with so many mixed comments I wonder if there are indeed revisions, or the QC is really not working!

 
Well you see kkcc I'm not the only one who felt this regarding the coherency. But a poster earlier on in the AKG thread who owned the AKG3003 compared the unit to his friends newer unit and found the new unit to significantly sound better in that aspect. He even mentioned the possibility of them updating the filters. So I don't really know. It would be interesting to hear a newer unit for myself to see if indeed things have improved. But also keep in mind kkcc this is not something new. This has been brought up even regarding the Fit Ear 334s (as well as other IEMs). It makes me wonder how much the first version of the 1Plus2 varied as well as I was hearing opposite impressions from what I was hearing and it left me baffled.... While the older model isn't on the same level as the new model I still did like it more than the 334 and AKG3003 that I heard at the time.
 
Jul 8, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #3,030 of 6,400

Gintaras

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 11, 2013
Posts
2,778
Likes
122
Quote:
 
Sounds like you'd also like the Flat 4s :wink:. The instruments (especially drums) sound so life-like. They are also extremely dynamic :).

 
mate, stop seducing me please :-D
for now 1plus2 is enough while H200 and possibly SD3 will compliment them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top