Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jun 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #2,701 of 6,404
Quote:
:) I know what you mean. 1+2 is such a monster. It's almost a perfect earphone. It's still growing on me! This little thing has so much potential.

It's definitely a keeper~ 

Things are progressing even further for me with the new gold cable.... I also adjusted the tips on my IEM for a deeper fit on the IEM (pushing the tips deeper onto the base of the IEM). Before on the silver cable this made things sound a bit congested but on the gold not so at all. I didn't push the tips all the way onto the base though. Maybe a bit more than half way from being on the very stem of the IEM. If I push the tip all the way onto the base then I won't get a good seal. But sound is ridiculously good on both the AK120 and Studio V. The clarity, detailing and placement of instruments/vocals are out of this world. :).

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #2,702 of 6,404
Lee, seems we both enjoy 1plus2, what surprises me is your dislike for RWAK, i use it amped T1 and it sounds pretty darn good and make me not rush for upgrade.

how is AK120 and what major differences you find between this and RWAK? you can PM me since this is not AK thread 
confused_face(1).gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #2,703 of 6,404
Quote:
Lee, seems we both enjoy 1plus2, what surprises me is your dislike for RWAK, i use it amped T1 and it sounds pretty darn good and make me not rush for upgrade.

how is AK120 and what major differences you find between this and RWAK? you can PM me since this is not AK thread 
confused_face(1).gif

I'd like to know this as well.

Quote:

Thanks for posting, Gintaras, very nice pics. It's what I picked so this gives me a nice preview of what mine should look like.

Hopefully I'll be able to use them when they arrive. I was in a bicycle accident a short while ago, along with various cuts and bruises I broke my collarbone and suffered a fairly bad concussion. I'm not really supposed to listen to music much while I still have symptoms (I probably shouldn't be on here reading either
tongue_smile.gif
).

Get well soon mate. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #2,704 of 6,404
Craven, i have heard it from one HeadFier that in his experience AK120 was not enough for him to justify the price difference to RWAK. He had proof experience to his statement because he bought AK120 and later sold it.

Of course personal tastes and experiences matter here and there is no automated answer to this. All i can say for the time being i prefer to pay new IEMs over paying AK120 as i feel this will be money better spent in my case. Then we will see what comes next.

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #2,706 of 6,404
Quote:
Craven, i have heard it from one HeadFier that in his experience AK120 was not enough for him to justify the price difference to RWAK. He had proof experience to his statement because he bought AK120 and later sold it.

Of course personal tastes and experiences matter here and there is no automated answer to this. All i can say for the time being i prefer to pay new IEMs over paying AK120 as i feel this will be money better spent in my case. Then we will see what comes next.

I'll talk to you both in PM regarding this.

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #2,707 of 6,404
Lee, thanks, received and read

btw, H20 droped me a spoiler news about V3, my wallet locked in the room crying :frowning2:

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #2,708 of 6,404
The Tralucent 1plus2 had been on my radar for some time.  I had always been on the BA side of the drivers debate and I had never liked any of the dynamic drive IEMs.  The closest one that I would have purchased was the EX1000.  Coming from the ER4S sound the warmth and bassy sound of many dynamic drivers just wasn't my cup of tea.  Then the hybrids came and sparked my interest with dynamic drivers again.

I had been avoiding this thread to 1) try to not kill my wallet too many times, and 2) don't let other reviews/impressions skewed my impression.  My curiosity finally got the better of me and I met up with Gavin today for a demo.  Big thanks to Gavin for spending almost 2 hours with me chatting music and beyond.  It was a wallet death trap I willingly walked into fully knowing how many wallet casualties it had already caused.  

The man - Gavin is very articulated and is really more of an enthusiast than a vendor/sponsor.  The 1plus2 was actually the last thing on our minds when we chatted on the industry, the market, shopping experiences and played with other products.  His great affection to Fitear made him sounding more like Suyama-san's representative than of his own brand at times.  I must say I'm hooked on his balanced FT334+Intruder+AK100 set even tho I'm stack allergic and is married to the AK120 (at least for now 
evil_smiley.gif
).  It is easy to tell he has a genuine desire to produce the best product for himself and to share the result with us.

The demo - the demo unit came with gold+silver upgrade cable and we demo'ed with and without the Tralucent amp (which is a newer version than the T1) with my AK120 as source.   Comparisons below are against FT334+Twag v3 8-conductor unless otherwise mentioned.  Having went through the many impressions and review in this thread I really didn't find much to add besides the point that it really sound as nice as the high praise it received.  Clarity - check, separation - check, coherent - check, timbre - check, bass impact and accuracy - check, soundstage - check, treble energy - check.  It has to have one of the highest resolving power amongst IEMs I had owned/demo'ed.  In fact I had just demo'ed the new Fitear Parterre before meeting the Gavin and the 1plus2 (Fitear Parterre impression here) and to my surprise I would prefer using the 1plus2 for the symphonies and other full arrangement classical music than the Parterre.  The 1plus2 provided the perfect accentuation to the sfortzandos and the forte-piano with very crisp attack and just enough decay to fully engage you in the music and not sounding dry.  The notes are also sustained with good timbre.  When amp'ed it provided even more power and clarity.  The dynamic range is very good with sufficient sub bass and treble extension on both end.  It also can be more explosive and raw sounding than the more refined/polite Fitear.  Compared to the Fitear it feels less warm, have a wider soundstage, and give you more distance away from the mids.  Depending on your preference you may or may not like its mids/vocal presentation.  I find it different to the Fitear yet quite engaging in its own way that allows me to appreciate the same tracks in a different way.  Besides classical, I have also tested with jazz, metal, pop rock, vocals, trance, electronica, and hip-hop and don't find any particular weakness.  Personally I like the classical presentation on it the most.

The intangibles - My previous experience with other hybrid demos had me thinking hybrids are nothing more than a fad.  The 1plus2 definitely showed that hybrids, when done properly, has the potential to compete or improve upon totl multi-BAs.  The sound as it stand is already quite good and I can now understand all the praise it had received on HF.  Gavin mentioned he would have another batch of units ready to ship and I can't wait to see a pair of brand new 1plus2 as the demo unit is quite beaten up and dampen my interest with its current aesthetics and built.  The gold+silver cable is also very Fitear-seque: great sound quality while stiff and microphonic that seems quite durable.

My wallet may have won the day, but I'm wondering how long it can keep my head-fi lust at bay?  
confused.gif

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #2,709 of 6,404
kkcc, what you mean new T1, i checked the web and it looks identical to the one i have, or is this still in the making?
yes, 1plus2 is revelation and yes, i am curious but Europe is worst since we have no option unlike happy you in HK :frowning2:

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #2,710 of 6,404
kkcc, what you mean new T1, i checked the web and it looks identical to the one i have, or is this still in the making?
yes, 1plus2 is revelation and yes, i am curious but Europe is worst since we have no option unlike happy you in HK :frowning2:
A while ago, Gavin said that he was working on a new improved T1 with a DAC section.

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #2,711 of 6,404
Quote:

Gintaras, it would be a new dac-amp and I think it hasn't been released.  I didn't demo the T1 so can't provide any comparison.  Hong Kong is bad for our wallets. 
size]
 I had resisted joining HF until I had my AK120+FT334 "end game" combo but my wallet had been shaking ever since!

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #2,713 of 6,404
Quote:

Gintaras, it would be a new dac-amp and I think it hasn't been released.  I didn't demo the T1 so can't provide any comparison.  Hong Kong is bad for our wallets. 
size]
 I had resisted joining HF until I had my AK120+FT334 "end game" combo but my wallet had been shaking ever since!

k701smile.gif
 i know i know i know... 
frown.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #2,714 of 6,404
Its all Gavin's fault...first he introduces me to the 1plus2, then the ak120, then hd music...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back