Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #2,656 of 6,404
Quote:

Was that part of a bass-head rehab programme in your area? I've heard of places that use an initial 72-hour intensive shock treatment therapy programme using Etys.

Mine was very similar. It was literally a 72-hour intensive shock treatment using the Piano Forte IX! And that's the truth. Boy did this basshead take a gamble on those!

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #2,658 of 6,404
Jun 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #2,659 of 6,404
Jun 3, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #2,661 of 6,404
It's been 5 days...I have been listening to 1+2 like non-stop. It's truly one of the best I have ever heard!

While it's still burning in. I will give a bit more findings I have.

I have already talked about the goods, so I will try my best to pick the flaw of 1+2 I hear here, though it's very hard!

1+2 is just so neutral and musical at the same time. From the speaker point of view, I can totally understand why 1+2 is tuned with this sound. It's trying its best to create the soundstage of stand speaker sound without losing its body and smoothness. But in theory, there is no earphone can do this because it's inserted in your ears rather than being placed 10 meters away from you. So while you feel the space, treble will not be scattered a lot before reaching your eardrums. Therefore this is actually not a real weakness of 1+2 to me, but someone might think it is because I have read this before: I do wish the vocal on 1+2 can be a little bit less crispy due to the enhancement at around 10k Hz. If I reduce 3db at 10k Hz it will be sounding almost exactly like my SE5. However, at the same time, you will lose some width of space, creating a less out-head sounding. There isn't really a perfect earphone for everything. So it's your call really~ you want space, you lose smoothness, you want depth and body, you lose some air.

1+2 and SE5 have already managed to do this 95% like nothing else.

1+2 is like Audi A8, and SE5 is like Audi Q7 (I know nothing about cars lol).
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #2,662 of 6,404
Quote:
It's been 5 days...I have been listening to 1+2 like non-stop. It's truly one of the best I have ever heard!

I have already talked about the goods, so I will try my best to pick the flaw of 1+2 I hear here, though it's very hard!

1+2 is just so neutral and musical at the same time. From the speaker point of view, I can totally understand why 1+2 is tuned with this sound. It's trying its best to create the soundstage of stand speaker sound without losing its body and smoothness. But in theory, there is no earphone can do this because it's inserted in your ears rather than being placed 10 meters away from you. So while you feel the space, treble will not be scattered a lot before reaching your eardrums. Therefore this is actually not a real weakness of 1+2 to me, but someone might think it is because I have read this before: I do wish the vocal on 1+2 can be a little bit less crispy due to the enhancement at around 10k Hz. If I reduce 3db at 10k Hz it will be sounding almost exactly like my SE5. However, at the same time, you will lose some width of space, creating a less out-head sounding. There isn't really a perfect earphone for everything. So it's your call really~ you want space, you lose smoothness, you want depth and body, you lose some air.

tongue_smile.gif

Get the Shure SE846 when it comes out and compare them. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #2,663 of 6,404

tongue_smile.gif

Nice! So are they growing on you with usage? This new golf cable is just sick. It's just destroying the loudness wars crap tracks. I'm having to go back and use older album masters lol. Funny thing is those older files are clearly superior in dynamics and detail. Just the gold cable has really helped to highlight that. :)

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #2,664 of 6,404
Quote:

tongue_smile.gif

I do find 1plus2 in the same top tier category, but so different in feeling / presentation.

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #2,665 of 6,404
Quote:
I do find 1plus2 in the same top tier category, but so different in feeling / presentation.

I can feel all the feeling or presentations you guys have:) I just need to do this ;p

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #2,666 of 6,404
Quote:
I can feel all the feeling or presentations you guys have:) I just need to do this ;p

I'm curious to hear how these sound with comply tips myself. Thing is nothing will fit my ears lol :frowning2:. I'd have to order extra extra large tips. I don't think they exist yet :p. The only way I got them to work on the IE8 was using the IE8s body itself to complete the seal....

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #2,667 of 6,404
Quote:

I'm curious to hear how these sound with comply tips myself. Thing is nothing will fit my ears lol :frowning2:. I'd have to order extra extra large tips. I don't think they exist yet :p. The only way I got them to work on the IE8 was using the IE8s body itself to complete the seal....

How tall are u?! lol I am 187 cm and I can only use small size. medium wont even fit...you need extra large? lol

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #2,668 of 6,404
Quote:
Thing is nothing will fit my ears lol :frowning2:. I'd have to order extra extra large tips. I don't think they exist yet :p. The only way I got them to work on the IE8 was using the IE8s body itself to complete the seal....

Lee, ever tried AUVIO's from Radio Shack?  Their Large is L-A-R-G-E. Dual-Density silicone hybrid construction like SONY Hybrids but with a large unrestricted central bore. Fit the typical IE80 size bore perfectly. Super comfortable and very well made, Cheap too. I think they are the best tips period.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19103306

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #2,670 of 6,404
Quote:
How tall are u?! lol I am 187 cm and I can only use small size. medium wont even fit...you need extra large? lol

ha!! As lee mention in his previous post.. he needs to stop assaulting that ear canal. The opening has become larger over the ears of tips rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back