Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #2,371 of 6,404
Quote:

... (as an aside, that's one of the problems I have with lots of cable talk: Almost no one really does know (or cares to find out) about measured performance and there's so many variables with sources and ear fit that you never know how to interpret impressions)

Yes, definitely. But, there's other factors, even, most people are unaware of, and even when these are brought to their attention, they're conveniently ignored, overlooked, dismissed, or simply not given their true importance — but, as you say, "that's the head-fi way" (which happens to be 'the way" in so many other spheres).

May 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #2,372 of 6,404
Well, I think there's some high (maybe unrealistic? :) hopes for that upcoming v sonic 7007 for a hybrid design at a more affordable price.

Unless early impressions of that IEM end up being all negative (which I doubt), I'll be sure to get a pair to try out and see how they compare to some of the more expensive options.

May 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #2,373 of 6,404
Quote:

Really appreciate your post.  I think that the dynamic/BA hybrid may represent the qualitative change in quality in IEM's that many thought the active crossovers that JH innovated would provide. 

Now I just have to wait until a budget offering comes out that takes the tech down to a more affordable level for folks on a budget like myself. 

I always feared the IEM's that had a dynamic component would be poor at isolation, which is why I wrote them off as an option. 

The 1Plus2s definitely don't have as good an isolation as other IEMs due to the vents and the fact that it isn't exactly a custom. I do get a fair bit of ambient noise coming in when I'm travelling outside in public. 

In terms of something more affordable re: hybrid wise, I've done a comparison, sort of, with the H-200 which is also somewhere around. See if that might suit you. I think that's a very affordable option for a hybrid option. 

May 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #2,374 of 6,404
Quote:

Now I just have to wait until a budget offering comes out that takes the tech down to a more affordable level for folks on a budget like myself. 

Quote:
Well, I think there's some high (maybe unrealistic? :) hopes for that upcoming v sonic 7007 for a hybrid design at a more affordable price.

Quote:

In terms of something more affordable re: hybrid wise, I've done a comparison, sort of, with the H-200 which is also somewhere around. See if that might suit you. I think that's a very affordable option for a hybrid option. 

There's also the Rhapsodio hybrids, which apparently, according to some, are not that far off SQ-wise from the 1p2s and are a lot cheaper: http://www.head-fi.org/t/629133/rhapsodio-a-unique-place-indeed-product-impressions-thread

May 19, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #2,375 of 6,404
Thanks for the link, music.  I'd been looking all over for the thread on the rhapsodio but couldn't find it.  I have some reading to do.

I couldn't remember the name of it, but remembered reading about it. 

May 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #2,376 of 6,404
I think properly burned in cable have great PRAT but only if you synergize them well with adequate tips.Burned in tips of course. I usually burn in my flacs too...not just by playing them. I found that converting them back and forth to wav adds some wow factor,.particularly for classical.
On a more serious note I am sceptical on cables, but the only time I thought I heard qm improvement was with Tralucent's silver and gold on my Miracles. I would not swear to it though.
If you notice (after the part of my post you highlighted), I said, "it's no use going over those here, specially since I don't have the 1p2 or the specific cables (in this case) people are here discussing", so while I remain VERY sceptical, I cannot say for certain that all of those 1p2 & TG334 cable believers are utterly wrong. BUT, BUT, my own limited experience with cables AND the countless posts I've seen of people describing those very same cables in quite a hyperbolic way…

...and don't get me started on the all too 'exciting' subject of burn-in... and now we also have cable burn-in!

May 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #2,377 of 6,404
May 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #2,378 of 6,404
Quote:
I think properly burned in cable have great PRAT but only if you synergize them well with adequate tips.Burned in tips of course. I usually burn in my flacs too...not just by playing them. I found that converting them back and forth to wav adds some wow factor,.particularly for classical.
On a more serious note I am sceptical on cables, but the only time I thought I heard qm improvement was with Tralucent's silver and gold on my Miracles. I would not swear to it though.

May 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #2,379 of 6,404
Quote:

There's also the Rhapsodio hybrids, which apparently, according to some, are not that far off SQ-wise from the 1p2s and are a lot cheaper: http://www.head-fi.org/t/629133/rhapsodio-a-unique-place-indeed-product-impressions-thread

That is the key word in that sentence. As I talked with others who have demoed both and think otherwise. I'd like to hear these IEMs for myself as well to confirm these findings :).

May 20, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2,380 of 6,404
Quote:
Advertizing for Rhapsodio on the Tralucent thread is bordering on bad taste.

"Advertising"? That's an interesting choice of word. I do NOT do "advertising" — I never promote any gear, even those phones I happen to enjoy a lot. I mentioned Rhapsodio—a cheaper option—specifically in the context of someone who'd said, "Now I just have to wait until a budget offering comes out that takes the tech down to a more affordable level for folks on a budget like myself."

Quote:
That is the key word in that sentence. As I talked with others who have demoed both and think otherwise. I'd like to hear these IEMs for myself as well to confirm these findings :).

Unlike you, I only speak of people who have posted their impressions.

May 20, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #2,381 of 6,404
Quote:
Advertizing for Rhapsodio on the Tralucent thread is bordering on bad taste.

rolleyes.gif

He helped me with a link that I was already looking for but couldn't find. 

Ah, I see that you "burn in" files of music.  It all makes sense, now. 

May 20, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #2,382 of 6,404
:rolleyes:

He helped me with a link that I was already looking for but couldn't find. 

Ah, I see that you "burn in" files of music.  It all makes sense, now. 

Try the H-200 I mentioned. It's also far cheaper than the Rhapsodio and Tralucent offerings.

May 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #2,385 of 6,404
Considering roy_jones has been a HF'er for 8 years now, and I've come across a few of his posts in the past, I doubt he took Mimouille's "burn in" files of music that seriously — at least that part of his post.

Now I think we should get a little more serious even.  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back