Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #4,501 of 10,312
Quote:
Here is my setup used while working.

Very nice, that's my first ever FitEar cable 
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
As promised here are some pictures of my cables and setup. Got to listen to them for a little bit tonight and they are great paired with my RWAK100. The clarity is amazing. Just listened to Time from Pink Floyd and have heard sounds in the song i've never heard before. Overall I am very happy with the cables.

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #4,503 of 10,312
First time Toxic Cable customer, received my IE80 Silver Poison yesterday morning.

As can be confirmed by all the review posts in this appreciation thread, the quality of Frank's cables is truly exceptional. Genuine works of art which can only be appreciated fully in person.
So far, my cable has 30 hours burn in, and at the moment it is sounding fantastic. Out of the packet it was initially very bright and quite harsh with little bass to speak of (quite a contrast with the usually bass heavy stock IE80's), but that's no surprise for a brand new silver cable I guess. 
After 8 or so hours burn in the signature was changing quite considerably, and listening again this morning (16 hours) it had improved markedly. I've just finished 2 hours of listening and am extremely pleased with the progression in the sound I'm perceiving. The bass has returned and is is extremely well controlled (much better than stock). Mids are glorious, which is the typical weak point of the IE80 and undoubtedly a strength of the Silver Poison on these IEMs. The initial harshness in the treble has disappeared leaving an excellent overall sound-stage. I don't know how much further they will change in the days and months ahead, but I'm extremely happy as things stand. 

Linked below is a snap of my portable set-up...

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad221/f4780y/2013-08-22163626.jpg

Sorry, I don't have enough posts yet to have inline images :wink:

In the spirit of full openness and honesty, not everything was rosy in the garden prior to receiving the cable on Thursday. For me personally, the purchasing experience (via Frank's eBay store) did not meet my, admittedly high, expectations. I'm sure that's more to do with me than it is to do with Frank, as plenty of folks praise his service on this thread. All in all my IEM cable took almost 12 weeks to arrive after thinking I was getting it initially from stock, then expecting it to come after 6 weeks, then 9 and chasing after 10 and 11 weeks. Throughout the whole process I personally felt the comms could have been much better, but that said, I do understand Frank is extremely (too?) busy. There is no better evidence of this than the temporary "closing" of his eBay store, but that didn't exactly inspire confidence in a first time buyer that didn't know he should have been following this thread! I'm not the type of person that cannot wait for things, but I do like to be kept informed if things change or are delayed etc. As I say, maybe that's my problem, not Frank's.
To compound things, I also seem to have been unlucky enough to have actually had my order lost in the post. Following a PM exchange with Frank on the forum on Saturday night I had almost reached the point of giving up and writing off my purchase. Then, to Frank's credit, I received a PM out of nowhere on Monday morning saying I really should have received my cable by now and another would be sent out via Special Delivery. True to his word, that replacement cable arrived on Thursday morning with a big "sorry" written on the ziplock bag. The other remains lost in the ether somewhere...

Nobody is more pleased than me that this all worked out in the end, and hopefully, rather than being seen as a negative, this information will give anyone out there that is currently waiting, perhaps impatiently, for their first order from Toxic Cables, the comfort to know that you haven't made a mistake and that Frank will get to you in the end.

The truth of the matter is now that I have one of Frank's cables in my possession and have been through the process once, I'd happily wait patiently for a year to receive my next cable if that's what it took.

Anyhoo, that's my tale. Thanks to Frank and Toxic Cables. 
I'll be sure to post an update if my perception of the cable continues to improve over time.

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #4,504 of 10,312
First time Toxic Cable customer, received my IE80 Silver Poison yesterday morning.

As can be confirmed by all the review posts in this appreciation thread, the quality of Frank's cables is truly exceptional. Genuine works of art which can only be appreciated fully in person.
So far, my cable has 30 hours burn in, and at the moment it is sounding fantastic. Out of the packet it was initially very bright and quite harsh with little bass to speak of (quite a contrast with the usually bass heavy stock IE80's), but that's no surprise for a brand new silver cable I guess. 
After 8 or so hours burn in the signature was changing quite considerably, and listening again this morning (16 hours) it had improved markedly. I've just finished 2 hours of listening and am extremely pleased with the progression in the sound I'm perceiving. The bass has returned and is is extremely well controlled (much better than stock). Mids are glorious, which is the typical weak point of the IE80 and undoubtedly a strength of the Silver Poison on these IEMs. The initial harshness in the treble has disappeared leaving an excellent overall sound-stage. I don't know how much further they will change in the days and months ahead, but I'm extremely happy as things stand. 

In the spirit of full openness and honesty, not everything was rosy in the garden prior to receiving the cable on Thursday. For me personally, the purchasing experience (via Frank's eBay store) did not meet my, admittedly high, expectations. I'm sure that's more to do with me than it is to do with Frank, as plenty of folks praise his service on this thread. All in all my IEM cable took almost 12 weeks to arrive after thinking I was getting it initially from stock, then expecting it to come after 6 weeks, then 9 and chasing after 10 and 11 weeks. Throughout the whole process I personally felt the comms could have been much better, but that said, I do understand Frank is extremely (too?) busy. There is no better evidence of this than the temporary "closing" of his eBay store, but that didn't exactly inspire confidence in a first time buyer that didn't know he should have been following this thread! I'm not the type of person that cannot wait for things, but I do like to be kept informed if things change or are delayed etc. As I say, maybe that's my problem, not Frank's.
To compound things, I also seem to have been unlucky enough to have actually had my order lost in the post. Following a PM exchange with Frank on the forum on Saturday night I had almost reached the point of giving up and writing off my purchase. Then, to Frank's credit, I received a PM out of nowhere on Monday morning saying I really should have received my cable by now and another would be sent out via Special Delivery. True to his word, that replacement cable arrived on Thursday morning with a big "sorry" written on the ziplock bag. The other remains lost in the ether somewhere...

Nobody is more pleased than me that this all worked out in the end, and hopefully, rather than being seen as a negative, this information will give anyone out there that is currently waiting, perhaps impatiently, for their first order from Toxic Cables, the comfort to know that you haven't made a mistake and that Frank will get to you in the end.

The truth of the matter is now that I have one of Frank's cables in my possession and have been through the process once, I'd happily wait patiently for a year to receive my next cable if that's what it took.

I'll be sure to post an update if my perception of the cable continues to improve over time.

Welcome to intoxication... Once u taste toxic u wont turn back:p
And now u need toxic usb cable toxic powercable and toxic interconnects :D

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #4,505 of 10,312

Welcome to the thread. Very cool setup. I too have the IE80's with Frank's silver poison cables. I absolutely love them. Still burning the cables in at the moment and I am glad to hear that after only 8 hours there was a remarkable difference. I'm just about at the 8 hour mark and definitely looking forward to to these amazing cables full potential.

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #4,506 of 10,312
It appears I have cables inbound via International Fedex......Good times are coming!

Aug 23, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #4,508 of 10,312
Hi guy,

Can i ask something?
Which cable perform the best pairing with 8.A?
Do those cable come with memory wire near the connector to make cable over the ear?
Silver Widow and they come with the cable at a 90 degree angle so that it goes over the ear. There is no memory wire.

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #4,513 of 10,312
Quote:

Ha. I love how you are so enthusiastic about the wait. I on the other hand am impatient. What if i get hit by a bus within the time it takes to make the flipping cable 
tongue.gif

You should put a clause in your will that states that your executor should contact Frank at the earliest opportunity to cancel your order so the rest of us don't have to wait so long.

Indeed it's a good idea we all do this - perhaps it should be part of the contract with Frank.

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #4,514 of 10,312
Quote:
You should put a clause in your will that states that your executor should contact Frank at the earliest opportunity to cancel your order so the rest of us don't have to wait so long.

Indeed it's a good idea we all do this - perhaps it should be part of the contract with Frank.

Ha..or that it be put in my coffin with me 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back