Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #4,231 of 10,312
Quote:
It does depend on what headphone it is connected to as well. If it is a Sennheiser HD800 then I fully understand.

i have a he500... for the he500 i think the BW is perfect...and affordable

Jul 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #4,233 of 10,312
Quote:
Ah yes. I heard that recently and thought that it didn't need to be any brighter.

little correction...i have a he500 with velour pads..(thats a very important thing).those give the he500 a more open sound signature...less dark then with the pleathers ones...with velours the BW is to my ears almost perfect...and i found out..going from 4wire to 8 wire balanced..with more difficult music..like orchestra's..there is much more coherence then with the 4 wire version...soundstage improved also...and now with the grill mod..it even improved...sound got so much more clearer...treble got a few octaves higher i guess...to my ears anyway..and it a cheap mod!
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #4,234 of 10,312
little correction...i have a he500 with velour pads..(thats a very important thing).those give the he500 a more open sound signature...less dark then with the pleathers ones...with velours the BW is to my ears almost perfect...and i found out..going from 4wire to 8 wire balanced..with more difficult music..like orchestra's..there is much more coherence then with the 4 wire version...soundstage improved also...and now with the grill mod..it even improved...sound got so much more clearer...treble got a few octaves higher i guess...to my ears anyway..and it a cheap mod! :D

I agree about the velour pads on the HE-500. But what is the grill mod?

Jul 23, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #4,237 of 10,312
I agree about the velour pads on the HE-500. But what is the grill mod?

Ask jerg about it..as its called the jerg grill mod. :D

And check my pics on my profile..u can see how my headphones look like now..
simple said: utake out the blocking grills/dust shield from the backside of the cups and put lesser blocking grills/dust shield instead. Jerg has a step by step manual to do it.. :wink:

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #4,241 of 10,312
Just be patient.  Sometime I have to wait for 10 days to get a reply.  I know normally Frank will answer all the mails in one go which comprises of a few hundred messages and he therefore he needs time to clear them out
popcorn.gif

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #4,243 of 10,312
Quote:

By any chance did you get to compare to the silver poison for the HE-500? Did you also get speaker tap adapter made from the BW by toxic  as well?

didnt try out any silver cable from frank..as frank advised me back then with my first cable that the BW would be perfect pairing with the he500 (he is dealer for the hifiman productline in UK so he should know best)...and it is...and nope..no speaker tab adapter...am sorry...but why should i? i dont use a speakeramp to drive my he500. but am sure frank can do it for u...

i did try a silver cable from another brand though..just to check how the BW would compare...no match...silver was to bright, to light in bass and voices sounded without any wieght in them..the silver excelleled in detail though...it was a bit better...but not good enough to make me want a silver based cable...but u never know..in oktober i will be attending the london meet and am sure some will let me listen to their he500 with silver cabling...or maybe frank finds it in his heart to let a SW go around in europe to try out on our he500..that would be perfect.. FRANK???????
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #4,245 of 10,312
Quote:
Frank I've sent you a few emails and PM over the last 6 days on the status of my cable.

Can you reply to them when you get a chance.

Sorry mate, i have been extremely busy the last few, my father in-law passed so my wife and son are in the states for the funeral, so i have been having to keep an eye on her firm also.

I will reply to all messages tomorrow, as i need to get some cables ready now for the braider to pick up tomorrow, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back