Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 27, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #3,766 of 10,312
Quote:
According to this eBay listing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sennheiser-HD800-6ft-Pure-OCC-Silver-cable-1-4-Viablue-and-others-available-/120980918646?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item1c2b065176
Silver Poison is also pure silver with gold in it.  What is the difference between Silver Poison and Silver Widow?  I only know the cost is different. 

Silver Widow is more detailed than Silver poison and has a better bass punch.

May 27, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #3,767 of 10,312
Quote:
According to this eBay listing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sennheiser-HD800-6ft-Pure-OCC-Silver-cable-1-4-Viablue-and-others-available-/120980918646?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item1c2b065176
Silver Poison is also pure silver with gold in it.  What is the difference between Silver Poison and Silver Widow?  I only know the cost is different. 

Silver Widow contains more gold than Silver Poison. Nobody can tell you how much more, because it's Franks secret formula (no kidding).

May 27, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #3,768 of 10,312
Quote:
How do Silver Plated Copper cables sound in comparison to simple Copper or Silver cables ? Are they right in the middle, closer to one than the other, or... ?

(...)

So SPC are as bright or more than Silver ? This would also mean they have the same emphasis (or more) on highs as Silver ?

Any impressions from folks who have had and compared all three ? I am referring to the basic types: Viper vs Scorpion and Silver Poison.

May 27, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #3,769 of 10,312
I know that all Franks cables are great, I have been on board since the beginning so have tried pretty much all of them. I am however, very impressed with my new White Widow for my HE-6. I will get to reviewing it at some point but early impressions are that it is the most revealing cable I have ever heard, there is nothing hidden with a decent source at all. Micro detail and transients can sometimes come across as harsh or metallic but I liken this cable to a high end tube amp where all the details, dynamics, transients etc... Are retained but yet everything is so effortlessly smooth and un-fatiguing.

I think the WW is an end game cable, for me at least.

Aesthetics as usual are just unbelievably flawless. For those waiting for any of Franks cables, I would just say be patient because the wait is well and truly worth it.

Will try and get some pics up in a bit.....

May 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #3,770 of 10,312
I would like to try the Virus to compare with the SP & SW....Cool looking cable...

May 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #3,771 of 10,312
Well I should be close to getting the Virus as I have both SP & SW...........Cant wait to review all 3... I have gone back to stock cables on my customs.
While waiting .....wow what a let down ...believe me.... But then when Virus arrives it will be like getting all 3 new try...

May 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #3,772 of 10,312
It will be good to see what you think about them all together Stan. I am using the iDevice Westone cable with my JH16's. Frank does not do those kind.

May 27, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #3,773 of 10,312
I am trialing the virus on my LCD-2.1s at the moment and i think it is excellent. Combines the best  attributes of copper and silver. Detailed and airey but with the warmth and cavernous bass that only copper brings to the table. Not so sure the top end is as smooth as the silver poison but this cable isn't fully burnt in yet. So far it meets all my requirements.

May 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #3,775 of 10,312
Quote:
I would also like to say that my findings very much mirror Darkbeats impressions in post #3506.

The virus puts you a couple of seats back than the SP and i really like that.

Good observations Alvin! I am still really enjoying my SP's and the HD650's. Frank has my SW's back as I am having him reterminate them for my HD800's. I'll have the Black Widows and the Silver Widows to compare. I am looking forward to that.

May 27, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #3,776 of 10,312
My OCC Copper Cable is here :3 also i didn't wait 8 weeks , it was ready in the stock <3 

May 27, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #3,778 of 10,312
Quote:
What do you mean, in stock?  I didn't think there were any cables in stock.  If there are, I'd really like to know.

i don't know but when i mailed frank he told me he got one ready for shipping. maybe it was for someone else who didn't pay etc :p don't know really XD but i was SUPER lucky.

May 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #3,779 of 10,312
Quote:
What do you mean, in stock?  I didn't think there were any cables in stock.  If there are, I'd really like to know.

Frank mentioned a few weeks back he had a couple of Scorpion IEM cables ready to go out the door.... I got the other one  
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #3,780 of 10,312
Just one or two questions, the Silver Widow is not for sale on ebay -Toxic? is it possible to have only the cable Silver Widows for diy?. For a Sennheiser HD 800 which cable you advise.Are there someone who has made ​​a usb cable with toxic cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back