Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #3,196 of 10,312
Quote:
Thank you, this is very helpful.

I will pick the name tomorrow, it's really hard with all the great suggestions.

Your welcome, Please don't take my list making skills to impact your judgement. I just got sick of seeing people say the same names and so many have been thrown around so far. It was time to have it more centrally organized and labelled. Now we can see who was first for a name suggestion in case you pick one that was said more than once. 

I think we've seen every form of "Widow" name, can we please give up on that?? it's been killed to death.

EDIT: I think ChrisSC has something there with the "Death Adder" idea. That cable and that snake look pretty close to each other. If that doesn't win I would assume you went for something more catchy instead of something that looks the part.

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #3,197 of 10,312
I have an idea. but it doesn't concern with the toxic or snake.

It's "Taiji" (yin and yang).

This symbol is composed of black and white parts.

"yin and yang", is used to describe how seemingly opposite or contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world; and, how they give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another

Your new cable also like this theory that sound character of silver and cooper are different, but when they are included together, It will give a amazing sound.

Sorry for bad English. I try to use the words that I think you can understand what I mean.

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #3,199 of 10,312
My suggestion would be

ACgu
CAug

Both are a hybrid on the periodic table names for the silver and copper elements.

Or just simply.

The fusion bomb :D

With a bang.

Apr 14, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #3,202 of 10,312
I would suggest "Nuclear Waste" as it looks contaminated. Or another would be "Contaminate".

Anyways, so the current status is that this hybrid cable has yet to be produced or even put in use yet? Would love to hear some impressions, I think this is a very innovative approach to combine silver and copper.

Apr 14, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #3,204 of 10,312
The ultimatum
Quicksand (quick as silver is fast, sand for the copper colour)
Medronho (local firewater, extremely alcoholic)
Aguardente
Firewater
The hunter
The weaver
Hurricane
Tornado
Twister

Apr 14, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #3,205 of 10,312
The problem with "Deathadder", "Diamondback" and such is that Razer, a company who makes computer mice (is that the correct plural?), already uses those names for their products. Also take into consideration that until now - except for the Widow types - all cables have short and kind of catchy names, like Viper and Venom.

Apr 14, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #3,206 of 10,312
Yeah but that won't be a problem since Toxic and Razer are not competitors in any way.
And yeap, mice is the correct plural :p

Apr 14, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #3,208 of 10,312
Polonium (radioactive and incredibly toxic)
toxic fusion
Magic
Voldemort's charm (desperate here 
biggrin.gif

The 8th wonder of the world
Mozart's secret
The cosmopolitan 
atsmile.gif

Apr 14, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #3,209 of 10,312
Quote:
Keep it simple
White Widow + Black Widow
Grey Widow!

Gray Widow!

Or some fancy name:
-Fusion Widow!
or just
-Toxic Fusion!
Definition :The process or result of joining two or more things together to form a single entity.

-Toxic Tetrodotoxin
-Toxic Tetraodontoxin
Definition :Frequently abbreviated as TTX, is a potent neurotoxin with no known antidote

Word above is pretty hard and long to spell for a cable
so i guess these name will suit more:
- Toxic Tetra
- Toxic Tetrax 
- Toxic Tetro
- Toxic Tetrox

Another one would be
-Toxic Antares

Update my list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back