Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #3,048 of 10,312
Quote:
I dont know what headphone u have or what ur budget is..

But in general silver cables always sound brighter then a copper cable who sounds more warm and full.
While silver cables are more expensive then copper cables in general that doesnt mean they are more preferable for ur headphone..its a matter of taste also.

For instance hd800 and hd650 and lcd's sound very well paired with silver cables like the silver widows...
A he500,he400, a k702 for instance sound good with a good copper cable like black widows 22awg.

In general..and this is ofcourse personal taste also..for a brighter phone use a copper cable, for a darker phone..a silver cable

But..as always its never black or white..and in this case black or silver..frank now has different kind of hybrids..who mixes the sound signatures of the silver and copper (and a bit of gold)...

But as i said..we can say what we believe in..its u who has to buy one...i found out by trial and error that on he400 and now my he500 copper sounds best to my ears... But am sure some of us enjoys a silver cable with the he500 as well...

Hope this is what u wanted as an answer.
Good luck

Ok so there's no difference in different frequencies, i.e the bass isn't faster/better in copper cables, the highs aren't clearer in silver cables etc etc

how does plain copper compare to silver plated copper?

Apr 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #3,049 of 10,312
Quote:
Ok so there's no difference in different frequencies, i.e the bass isn't faster/better in copper cables, the highs aren't clearer in silver cables etc etc

how does plain copper compare to silver plated copper?

It's not as simple as that. In my opinion, high quality silver and silver/gold allows for more detail, air and transparency, sometimes at the expense of the "weight" of the sound, meaning that the mids and bass loose some of their impact and power.This is different from just saying "less mids" or "more highs", if you want that, just use an EQ. Franks silver cables, however, provide considerable bass strength in my experience.
High quality copper is known for it's power and richness, less for detail and transparency. Now let's say the stock cable of your headphone is a copper cable, would that mean that you should only get a silver cable? No, depends on what you want. Higher quality copper, better cable geometry and sometimes simply more copper can still bring you more air, detail and all that which is normally a feature of silver cables, because compared to the stock cable - which may limit sound quality - you could notice a difference in these parts. There's still more to this, but I want to avoid writing lenghty posts.

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #3,050 of 10,312
It's not as simple as that. In my opinion, high quality silver and silver/gold allows for more detail, air and transparency, sometimes at the expense of the "weight" of the sound, meaning that the mids and bass loose some of their impact and power.This is different from just saying "less mids" or "more highs", if you want that, just use an EQ. Franks silver cables, however, provide considerable bass strength in my experience.
High quality copper is known for it's power and richness, less for detail and transparency. Now let's say the stock cable of your headphone is a copper cable, would that mean that you should only get a silver cable? No, depends on what you want. Higher quality copper, better cable geometry and sometimes simply more copper can still bring you more air, detail and all that which is normally a feature of silver cables, because compared to the stock cable - which may limit sound quality - you could notice a difference in these parts. There's still more to this, but I want to avoid writing lenghty posts.

Well said mate..thats why frank is cooking me a 8wire black widow 22 awg for me... A copper cable with lots of copper..:D

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #3,051 of 10,312
Hi Frank,
I ordered from you a 6ft 18AWG OCC Scorpion for my HD800 on 25 Feb 15 and I was informed that the delivery would be 9 weeks which is by end of the month.

Just wanted to know if I can get the cable on time or I need to wait for some more time.

Thanks

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #3,052 of 10,312
Quote:
Hi Frank,
I ordered from you a 6ft 18AWG OCC Scorpion for my HD800 on 25 Feb 15 and I was informed that the delivery would be 9 weeks which is by end of the month.

Just wanted to know if I can get the cable on time or I need to wait for some more time.

Thanks

You can expect your cable early next month, sorry for the wait, please PM me if you have any further questions or concerns.

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #3,056 of 10,312
Since Frank isn't responding. Did anybody here let him make a cable for Ultrasone Headphones?

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #3,057 of 10,312
I'm pretty sure that he can do it. Maybe email him again? Occasionally, I don't get an answer because he missed it or something. 

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #3,060 of 10,312
3059 replies ! Who is the winner Franck for the last contest ?
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back