Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 16, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #2,131 of 10,312
Quote:
Thanks for ur honest reply...yeah i probably will end up with a he6 , lcd3 or even a stax sr007..
biggrin.gif

Give me a shout before you throw away your HE-500 Black Widows once you have moved on to better headphones.
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #2,135 of 10,312
Black Widow received today !!!

Poison spreads like a lightning. Look to my hand just a few minutes after putting the toxic wristband : 

Awesome, no ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

But main is here : Veuve noire dans son fourreau de coton noir 
beyersmile.png

New big splitter inside :

First hour of listening done, sounds pretty nice, good work Franck :wink:

heu... well fisrt part of my review will be next friday.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #2,137 of 10,312

Poison spreads like a lightning. Look to my hand just a few minutes after putting the toxic wristband : 

Awesome, no ? :veryevil:

But main is here : Veuve noire dans son fourreau de coton noir  :beyersmile:

e

Wow..beautiful..r those the regular black widows 22awg or the 8 wire versions? As am thinkin in selling my black widows 22awg and get myself those 8 wire black widows 22awg version in black silk sleeving :D

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #2,138 of 10,312
Mine is 24 AWG but I"m not expert in black widow class but i remember Franck written :

PRE ORDER PRICE

Black Widow 24AWG Cotton (OCC Stranded Litz Copper in black cotton jacket,Cryo)

Starting at £120 6ft and £140 8ft.

Black Widow 22AWG (OCC Stranded Litz Copper in Clear PE/Cryo)

Black Widow French Silk 24/22AWG (OCC Stranded Litz Copper in Fench Silk Jacket/Cryo) The only high purity OCC/Cryo French Silk cable on the market.

[size=small]Starting at £165 for 6ft and £185.[/size]

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #2,139 of 10,312
Mine is 24 AWG but I"m not expert in black widow class but i remember Franck written :

[COLOR=FF0000]PRE ORDER PRICE[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]Black Widow 24AWG Cotton (OCC Stranded Litz Copper in black cotton jacket,Cryo)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]Black Widow 22AWG (OCC Stranded Litz Copper in Clear PE/Cryo)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]Black Widow French Silk 24/22AWG (OCC Stranded Litz Copper in Fench Silk Jacket/Cryo)[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]The only high purity OCC/Cryo French Silk cable on the market.[/COLOR]

Starting at £165 for 6ft and £185.

I know this price list..the 8wire pricing is still not ackknowledged yet by frank.. :D

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #2,142 of 10,312
Quote:

Awesome, no ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

But main is here : Veuve noire dans son fourreau de coton noir 
beyersmile.png

Glad they arrived safely. Thanks for posting, really appreciate it.

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #2,143 of 10,312
Quote:
I know this price list..the 8wire pricing is still not ackknowledged yet by frank..
biggrin.gif

That would be pointless... Imagine Frank telling us the pricing of ALL possible combinations - the list would have no end! If you want more conductors, different plugs/connectors or whatever, just talk to him directly.
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #2,144 of 10,312
So far this day has started amazingly. Its snowing here 
biggrin.gif
 and my tf10 vipers (SPC) arrived! I hope to do a proper review in a week or so if I can find the time after at least 100 hours listening but first impressions are great. The cable is light, I can't find a single flaw anywhere and it looks amazing. Initial listening impressions after around an hour so far are good but still needs a burn-in. An important thing for me was that the sound sig of the tf10s was kept roughly the same with slightly more oomph (yh, using the technical terms) and the viper has done this exceptionally well. The mids are much clearer and a little bit more forward without losing the fun sound I love so much about them. The treble seems to me to be slightly less sparkly but more detailed but the biggest improvement to my ears is the bass and transition to low mids. I found myself frustrated at times by how with bass heavy tracks the bass would bleed into the sub mids but that is gone. Also the detail and clarity of the bass has improved dramatically without becoming more or less powerful. Its just much clearer. However these are just initial impressions and I'll hopefully write again after more listening and a good burn in but so far they are looking good and sounding even better.

EDITED

Users who are viewing this thread

Back