Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #2,086 of 10,312
http://www.metaldetector.com/garrett-deluxe-gold-pan-kit?gdftrk=gdfV22298_a_7c1321_a_7c5723_a_7c1651400

I will be right over!  
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #2,087 of 10,312
I just caught a glimpse of my solder pot when i was walking past, have a look at this.

This is the pot i use for the Silver Widow to burn the litz insulation off, as the wires are really fine, and due to the high temperature of the solder in the put, the tip of the wires do melt off a little. It looks like the high gold content from the melted wire is depositing at the surface.

I use a separate pot for the Black Widow.

The dark patches are holes in the surface, not dirt 
biggrin.gif

, and the orange is flux that is used to help burn away the insulation.

I find it fascinating, how it has all gathered at the top, i clean the sop off after each wire and did not notice it when making the cables, so my guess would be the it gathered at the top while the solder cooled.

After you are done with the solder pot, I'll take it off your hands for free and even provide you with a new pot. LOL.

That's really amazing. Absolute proof to everybody that your wires are the REAL deal.

I have a weakness for gold :p

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #2,091 of 10,312
I did a sort of review-esque rambling about Toxic Cables yesterday.

I talk about the Viper/SPC and the Copper/Silver Hybrid. I am sorry about the number of "umm"s in the video. I had been up for quite a lot longer than usual and I was not at full brain capacity.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #2,094 of 10,312
Quote:

My Black Widow in Cotton sleeving too Franck... 
tongue_smile.gif
 ? 

It's just IEM cables that have gone out in the recent batch, i am just finishing of a dealer order placed 3 months ago and should start on a batch of Headphone cables tonight, if you would like to email or PM me with date of order, i can tell you if your cable will be in this batch.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #2,096 of 10,312
Quote:
You will make a few head fiers happy:) Hope mine is in there as well:)

Yours will ship this week, so far it's just the IEM cables that have nothing else with them that have gone out, small interconnects don't take long to make, i will do them tomorrow, hopefully have most smaller IEM cable orders shipped by the end of the week.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #2,097 of 10,312
Quote:
Yours will ship this week, so far it's just the IEM cables that have nothing else with them that have gone out, small interconnects don't take long to make, i will do them tomorrow, hopefully have most smaller IEM cable orders shipped by the end of the week.

No problem, I can only imagine how busy you are. Take care:

I just got paid, so might sent more money your way: Still need a balanced cable and a few adapters:)

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #2,098 of 10,312
The RC-4 "Copper Venom" in my opinion is the best cable for the HD800, but i would not say it's my top cable for all the headphones. If you are looking for thunderous bass, the RC-4 is for you. With the HD800, it's a perfect match.

I meant best cable for he500 :D soooo.. Is the copper venom best choice for he500? In ur opinion ofcourse :D with other words ..which cable u would choose for ur he500 as ur reference cable? :D
Am looking for a perfectly balanced cable...low highs mids...so..like the black widow 22awg i have now..BUT A league higher!!!!! :D

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #2,099 of 10,312
Quote:

I talk about the Viper/SPC and the Copper/Silver Hybrid. I am sorry about the number of "umm"s in the video. I had been up for quite a lot longer than usual and I was not at full brain capacity.

Nice video DamageInc77. Glad to see another example of Frank's service. I found that my cables have no microphonics. That, for me, is another plus for Toxic Cables!

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #2,100 of 10,312
Quote:

Thanks for posting the video, really appreciate it, and i am extremely sorry again for the 2 problems you encountered, first the inconsistent braid and then the wrong channels, i have never had these mistakes with any other customers cables before and i done it twice with your order, which i am extremely sorry for. Just one of those orders that keeps going wrong. 
biggrin.gif

Hope you will enjoy the cables for a long time to come, if you experience any further problems, please let me know, i am always here to make things right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back