Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 20, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #9,586 of 10,312
  I started a separate thread for this but got no response.

I am hoping here might be able to help:

Firstly, I have no soldering experience or equipment.

I am having great difficulty in finding someone in the UK who is able and willing to reterminate 2 IEM cables for me.

The cables were originally from Toxic Cables and I have tried to contact them with no luck - I know they are always busy but I have contacted them a couple of times in the past and present regarding this (with no luck) and I would now like to get this done asap.    

I am looking to replace a faulty 3.5mm plug with a similar one and also to have the 3.5mm plug on the other cable replaced with 2.5mm balanced trss plug.

I would be really grateful if anyone could recommend somewhere in the UK where I can get this done?

Apologies for the lack of response.

Could you PM me your email address and i can look for these emails. I usually reply to all emails when i do go through them, so apologies if i missed some from the past you mention, If i can get your email address, i can try and find these emails.

We will always re terminate out own cables for customers who bought from us or bought used. 

I will be going through all existing emails tomorrow, just going through PM's now.

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #9,587 of 10,312

The 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter arrived today. Impressive sonics. I was using the longish adapter that Jaben HK sold. The Toxic Cables adapter boasts better sonics. Very impressive indeed!

Thanks, Frank! Another winner!
smily_headphones1.gif

Awesome, glad it arrived safe and really happy you like it Kiat.

Enjoy 
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #9,588 of 10,312
Awesome, glad it arrived safe and really happy you like it Kiat.

Enjoy :ksc75smile:

Absolutely! I think this evening I'll forsake my desktop rig, and listen to the 1Z with the Tralucent Plus5/Uber through the Toxic Cables adapter. Spine tingling stuff. It doesn't get better than this! :)

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #9,590 of 10,312
  is it just as easy to adapt 4.4 into 2.5 balanced? ive recently ordered a hydra with 4.4 termination but would like to use it on my fiio x5-3 also

You'd probably want to use an adapter with some cable length between the two connector ends to avoid strain on the 2.5mm trrs jack.

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #9,593 of 10,312
Mar 22, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #9,594 of 10,312
I am hoping Frank is good with a change of mind :wink:
I ordered on 17th January and I am considering new Headphones so the cable not needed at this point. I have sent an email and hopefully I am not too late

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #9,597 of 10,312
  I am hoping Frank is good with a change of mind :wink:
I ordered on 17th January and I am considering new Headphones so the cable not needed at this point. I have sent an email and hopefully I am not too late

Unwell be going through emails and PM's again sometime this weekend.

The change will not be a problem at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back