Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 30, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #8,506 of 10,312

I left the above review a week ago and then, following a number of posts, promised frank that, if I did not sell them, I would do a further review after "burn in". They have been in use playing CDs and Radio 6 music for the whole period since. I have listened to them for at least 2 hours a day whilst the process has been ongoing. My final comparisons this morning lead me to the following and genuine view. The cables are noticeably less "brittle" and smoother. But the sound remains also noticeably drier than the stock cable and has less presence in the midrange and bass and still detracts from the organic quality of the LCD3s. It may be a question of personal preference, but there it is. If anyone would like to purchase them please let me know.

Hey, you gave it a shot!  Personal preference is always going to play a large part in any audio equipment purchase.  I'm guessing if you post in the classifieds here, they'll get purchased pretty quickly.  

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #8,508 of 10,312
  Now the last cable of my order arrived, a short lightning => mini usb, so good bye to that 4-something-feet long thing coiled up and with a usb => mini usb adapter at the end.

Frank told me that he has a few in stock so if any of you guys are looking for a short cable for their CLAS -db, shoot him an email.

And as always - cable is looking very good, good workmanship and those ones and zeros seems to flow through it without any problems at all. Amazing :wink:

Hi Henke, can you tell me where did you get this cable? Does this contain the 'Apple camera connection chip'? thanks

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #8,509 of 10,312

Hi Henke, can you tell me where did you get this cable? Does this contain the 'Apple camera connection chip'? thanks

CLAS doesn't require a cable with the "cck".

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #8,511 of 10,312
That was my personal experience, yes.Hopefully it has become more of a trend as I've been using them since I got them. I've been absent from lurking here for the last few months so I wouldn't really know. I can just recall some of the ranting I read from a few people. I can understand anger and frustration when something you pay for is not ready when it was supposed to be, but to personally attack someone on a hugely popular public forum...Well, I guess I all I can say about that is its probably not how I would choose to react.

As for the gear, I'm not an impulse buyer but I do tend to buy new gear often and I tend to go for the high end; so sure, I've been tempted to try other cables. But every time I begin to look I always find myself about to press the order button on some crazy super expensive cable that would literally school me about the law of diminishing returns like a hard right hook. But when I plug in a pair of my LCD-2 or 3's (the SP's I have are terminated for HE-560 and the LCD's) and remember just how satisfied I already am.

I wasn't questioning your experience with them my good man. I think you meant another silver cable, not the silver dragon, as that would be another company's product :)

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #8,512 of 10,312
usually how long does the Toxic Venom take to ship ? Anyone knows ? 

Feb 6, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #8,515 of 10,312
Dont use their site..its outdated...
Pls use this to find the right cables of toxic:

http://www.head-fi.org/u/279519/toxic-cables

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #8,516 of 10,312
Dont use their site..its outdated...
Pls use this to find the right cables of toxic:

http://www.head-fi.org/u/279519/toxic-cables

so may confused new comers, thanks to the out dated site. 

if frank updated the site and added some links to our impressions on each cable, the site will be legendary.

oh i forgot, Frank is too busy making cables years, he didn't get a chance to update the site what so ever.
i would like to help if i was given the chance.

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #8,517 of 10,312
Hi Guys

Need advice! I have HD800s with an Aurender W20/ Lampizator Golden Gate Head DAC (obviously, all tubes). For domestic reasons (i.e. young grandchildren) I need a 14m cable to go round the walls from the opposite corner of my room to my chair. My listening is at least 95% classical, with small amounts of jazz and acoustic pop.

My priorities are musicality, accurate instrumental timbre and equal quality across the frequency spectrum.

Leaving price out of it, which of the Toxic cables would suit me best.

Thanks in advance!

Philip

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #8,518 of 10,312
Hi Guys

Need advice! I have HD800s with an Aurender W20/ Lampizator Golden Gate Head DAC (obviously, all tubes). For domestic reasons (i.e. young grandchildren) I need a 14m cable to go round the walls from the opposite corner of my room to my chair. My listening is at least 95% classical, with small amounts of jazz and acoustic pop.

My priorities are musicality, accurate instrumental timbre and equal quality across the frequency spectrum.

Leaving price out of it, which of the Toxic cables would suit me best.

Thanks in advance!

Philip

I'd be looking at Cooper venom. Best cable for hd800.

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #8,519 of 10,312
I agree..but be careful with tight corners..as copper venom is solid wire..not stranded...so a bit sensitive to tight corners...but soundwise its best u can get fot a hd800..especially if u go for the 8wire version... :blush:

But there is a member here who swears on the silver widow 22awg with the hd800..and he also uses a tube amp in his rig.....maybe an idea?

Hey eric..maybe u can pitch in here?

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #8,520 of 10,312
I agree..but be careful with tight corners..as copper venom is solid wire..not stranded...so a bit sensitive to tight corners...but soundwise its best u can get fot a hd800..especially if u go for the 8wire version... :blush:

But there is a member here who swears on the silver widow 22awg with the hd800..and he also uses a tube amp in his rig.....maybe an idea?

Hey eric..maybe u can pitch in here?

Hey Paulo! Haven't seen you around a bit. Happy new year. A bit late but... :)

Agree with you about the Venom: whilst Frank does make robust cables, these babies need some care in handling. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back