Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 16, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #7,936 of 10,312
Thank you all very much, I PM'd him asking how to go ahead and asking what his opinion would be for which would be best for Roxannes and ZX-2 pairing.

I honestly don't know a whole lot about cables, or head fi gear in general, and I aplreciate he is hard at work on making this wonderful cables, so to save him some time, could I get feedback from you guys on what the best option would be for me, and what the actual differences are? Sorry that I'm new but I am trying to learn! Lol

Here are the options that I am trying to sort through

Silver Widow 22AWG £395 4 wire version (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) Available in clear only.

Silver Widow 25.5AWG £295 4 wire version (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) Available in clear only.

Silver Widow 25.5AWG £495 8 wire version (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) Available in

Go for the 4 wire 22AWG, even though it's 4 wires, what people fail to realize is that the actual wire is more then twice that of the original, so you are getting more then the 8 wire version and at a cheaper price..

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #7,939 of 10,312
Go for the 4 wire 22AWG, even though it's 4 wires, what people fail to realize is that the actual wire is more then twice that of the original, so you are getting more then the 8 wire version and at a cheaper price..

Just made payment, this will be the first aftermarket cable I ever got in my head fi adventure, I'm excited, I hope I'll be able to hear a positive difference , + they look amazing, hopefully the wait doesn't kill me from anxiety, lol

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #7,940 of 10,312
Thank you all very much, I PM'd him asking how to go ahead and asking what his opinion would be for which would be best for Roxannes and ZX-2 pairing.

I honestly don't know a whole lot about cables, or head fi gear in general, and I aplreciate he is hard at work on making this wonderful cables, so to save him some time, could I get feedback from you guys on what the best option would be for me, and what the actual differences are? Sorry that I'm new but I am trying to learn! Lol

Here are the options that I am trying to sort through

Silver Widow 22AWG £395 4 wire version (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) Available in clear only.

Silver Widow 25.5AWG £295 4 wire version (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) Available in clear only.

Silver Widow 25.5AWG £495 8 wire version (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) Available in

8wire could be a bit stiff and thick for an daily used iem on the move, nevertheless it will sound better then a 4wire version...my suggestion would be to go for the SW22 4wire, Not to thick, very flexible and light..and the sound it gives u!!!

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #7,941 of 10,312
8wire could be a bit stiff and thick for an daily used iem on the move, nevertheless it will sound better then a 4wire version...my suggestion would be to go for the SW22 4wire, Not to thick, very flexible and light..and the sound it gives u!!!

the IEM section didn't have the 8 wire version, so i went for the best and the only option for the 22AWG over there.

btw the cable is here and i will let it burn it for 100 hours then i will take a photos,

but man the carbon fiber Y splitter on the cable rocks!, and the new alternative for the wooden piece is the best one i had on any of my toxic cables!! very smooth and stable in the same time, easy to slide and don't give you the feeling that it will move on itself. 

not that i wasn't happy with the old build or something but just saying that Frank nailed it again!! 

sonic updates will be there later after i burn it in, i will give initial impressions and keep updating from time to time once i feel its opening up even more / me getting used to the sound. 

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #7,942 of 10,312
Shini, I see you have become totally Toxic mate.....
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #7,943 of 10,312
  Shini, I see you have become totally Toxic mate.....
tongue.gif

and who can resist an Upgrade from the SW to SW 22? XD  man Frank cables are the best :D  

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #7,944 of 10,312
Agreed, my SW cable has reinvented my love for music...

Some of that as I mused earlier, I think has to do with, in my case, the MMCX connector Frank uses, allows a much better fit than what I had previously (Shure stock and Fiio, the latter of which ripped my earlobes to shreds!)

WTG Frank :)

Mar 18, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #7,946 of 10,312

I agree.  My 8-wire SW is great and all, but it is just a bit too stiff around the ears as it has no form-fitting/memory wire.

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #7,947 of 10,312
Hi Frank...

Is it save to wear the rubber straps on the arms, or are they toxic?
I mean...they are toxic of course, but are they dangerous for health?
I find them very stylish to wear with my watch :D

I have a couple of them as i bought many cables already...and my daughter of 12 likes them a lot...and waers them.. no worries or irritation..but its personal..i dont how sensitive ur skin is...can u endure rubber straps of watches? For instance i cant...so i dont even need to try the straps..no matter how fine they look....but if u do then i dont see any problems in not using them... Enjoy! :wink:

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #7,948 of 10,312
OK thanks.
I have some caoutchouc straps for my watches and never had problems.
Some rubber have softeners that are not very healthy.
But i heard its mostly rubber that smells strong.
No smell at Franks Straps at all, so i guess its ok to wear them.

btw...
The Silver Poison Cable i got with the Straps looks gorgeous, too. :wink:

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #7,949 of 10,312
Dear Frank,
Do you have an extra room I can crash in at the shop? My wife will be kicking my out once she see the money I've been happily forking over for this passion/hobby.

I just hooked up my new Silver Widows, no burn-in time, and WOW! I'm totally bummed! Now I have to replace everything with Toxic Cables, what's my wallet going to say?  Honestly I didn't expect this much improvement, I thought it could be a mental thing. To find out I had the hot wifey  come down to the listening room and had her sit eyes closed, put her favorite song on and did some cable swapping on the LCD-X... With the SW she said "These sound way better." I tried to trick her and say I was changing something but kept the cables the same "No change" she said for both cables. I currently have them burning in and these are just my early impressions so I will do a follow up review after I finish my V-281 review.

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #7,950 of 10,312
Agreed, my SW cable has reinvented my love for music...

Some of that as I mused earlier, I think has to do with, in my case, the MMCX connector Frank uses, allows a much better fit than what I had previously (Shure stock and Fiio, the latter of which ripped my earlobes to shreds!)

WTG Frank
smily_headphones1.gif

Very glad you are enjoying the new cable Duncan, that was the first 24AWG SW to ship so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back