Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 7, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #7,081 of 10,312
This is going to sound cliche but these cables are truly special. I had absolutely no complaints about the wait, I knew it was going to be long. However, I was beginning to fear myself over hyping the product as time went on. Now that I have them, I can honestly say that these cables have easily exceeded my expectations.

To my ears, the biggest improvement so far is the 3D presentation of the music. For example, not only has the instrument separation improved but the spacing is more obvious. Additionally, I'm noticing an improvement in both width and depth of the soundstage.

Its going to be a fun night of music.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #7,082 of 10,312

Totally agree. What Frank did with the BW is simply amazing. This is by far the clearest, the most detailed, and the most organic copper cable I've come across. I also have the SW and Virus together in the shipment with the BW, but at the moment the BW is getting the most love from me - it has not come off my IEMs ever since I plugged it in last Friday! 
darthsmile.gif

If you can give us a comparison bettween the SW, Virus, and BW for your IEM, that would be helpful! I was thinking of getting a Virus until I read this.

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #7,085 of 10,312

Totally agree. What Frank did with the BW is simply amazing. This is by far the clearest, the most detailed, and the most organic copper cable I've come across. I also have the SW and Virus together in the shipment with the BW, but at the moment the BW is getting the most love from me - it has not come off my IEMs ever since I plugged it in last Friday! 
darthsmile.gif

If you can give us a comparison bettween the SW, Virus, and BW for your IEM, that would be helpful! I was thinking of getting a Virus until I read this.

I won't be able to do a meaningful comparison at the moment, given that I have not spent enough time with all 3 cables, particularly the SW and the Virus.

But early and quick impressions of the cables are as follows:

SW - Very revealing, excellent treble extension without being sibilant, excellent details and transparency. Alters the sound signature of my IEM somewhat (made it brighter, more transparent), and can be unforgiving with poorly mastered tracks.

BW - Very musical and organic. Not your typical copper cable, where you get all the goodness of a copper cable minus the muddy bass and pronounced treble roll-offs. Very clear and clean sounding for a copper cable, stays neutral to the sound signature of my IEM.

Virus - sound signature is kind of in between SW and BW (expected, since it is a hybrid of both).

Hope this helps.

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #7,086 of 10,312
This is going to sound cliche but these cables are truly special. I had absolutely no complaints about the wait, I knew it was going to be long. However, I was beginning to fear myself over hyping the product as time went on. Now that I have them, I can honestly say that these cables have easily exceeded my expectations.

To my ears, the biggest improvement so far is the 3D presentation of the music. For example, not only has the instrument separation improved but the spacing is more obvious. Additionally, I'm noticing an improvement in both width and depth of the soundstage.

Its going to be a fun night of music.

What did santa give u? Bw?sw? Venom? Virus? Or any of the other good toxic cable they have? :wink:

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #7,088 of 10,312
  @atsq17 can take but cannot fulfill orders.  Frank has to check everything over before it goes out.  I am just here so you all know you haven't been left in limbo 
darthsmile.gif

I have a question. I sent an order via mail on the 14th of July. Can you just confirm that the order has been received by you? I didn't want to bother Frank too much at the time since he was about to go on vacation.

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #7,089 of 10,312
I won't be able to do a meaningful comparison at the moment, given that I have not spent enough time with all 3 cables, particularly the SW and the Virus.

But early and quick impressions of the cables are as follows:

SW - Very revealing, excellent treble extension without being sibilant, excellent details and transparency. Alters the sound signature of my IEM somewhat (made it brighter, more transparent), and can be unforgiving with poorly mastered tracks.

BW - Very musical and organic. Not your typical copper cable, where you get all the goodness of a copper cable minus the muddy bass and pronounced treble roll-offs. Very clear and clean sounding for a copper cable, stays neutral to the sound signature of my IEM.

Virus - sound signature is kind of in between SW and BW (expected, since it is a hybrid of both).

Hope this helps.

Spot on, DarkKnight74. Mootang, I like to describe the SW as the microscope into the music whereas the BW is the rose tinted glasses. Both have their time and place depending on your mood. And when you want some middle ground or just can't make up your mind, the money is on the Virus. :)

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #7,090 of 10,312
I think I'll change my order to the BW instead! I was thinking the Virus because it would be something new but what the heck! why try to fix something that isn't broken right?!

My rig is a bit on the warmer side too so I think a BW for my CIEM would be a good match.

Thanks guys!

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #7,091 of 10,312
I think I'll change my order to the BW instead! I was thinking the Virus because it would be something new but what the heck! why try to fix something that isn't broken right?!

My rig is a bit on the warmer side too so I think a BW for my CIEM would be a good match.

Thanks guys!

Tip from someone who had the 4wire and now has a 8wire: Try to get a 8wire 22awg BW if ur budget allows it....as it improves the bass a lot and it hits faster and i have a feeling the soundstage improves a bit also as is the placement of the instruments..in short its a bit more 3d compared to the 4wire version..dont be scared..its not a day and night difference...but on the right rig the impact could be easily recognizable.
otherwise get the standard also wonderful 22awg....thats for most more then enough then they need :wink:

Aug 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #7,093 of 10,312
Is the bw a good match for fitear c435? The bw shd give the c435 a little bit more body at the low end?

Kiats?? Can u help? As u have the biggest and probably best iem collection i ever saw someone owning :wink:

Aug 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #7,094 of 10,312
Kiats?? Can u help? As u have the biggest and probably best iem collection i ever saw someone owning :wink:

Heheh! I don't have the best or most complete one: that honor belongs to Spkrs01. But yes, the BW is a good match to the 435: expect to add body and organic character to the 435 sound. The 435 is a very special iem in that it will take on any character of the other parts of the chain. So all the goodness of the BW will shine through. :)

Aug 8, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #7,095 of 10,312
Heheh! I don't have the best or most complete one: that honor belongs to Spkrs01. But yes, the BW is a good match to the 435: expect to add body and organic character to the 435 sound. The 435 is a very special iem in that it will take on any character of the other parts of the chain. So all the goodness of the BW will shine through. :)

Thanks my friend... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back