Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 5, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #7,066 of 10,312
When you say that the venom is not for outdoor use, do you mean that it is cumbersome to use or that there is potential in damaging the cable?

ITS HEAVY AND THICK.. :D
.and its solid wire..so a bit more sensitive to bending to much and breaking...lolz...ur neck wont survive it for long time..hehehe..better get a 8wire 22awg BW..closest to copper venom u can get..ask Kiats. :wink:

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #7,067 of 10,312
ITS HEAVY AND THICK..
biggrin.gif

.and its solid wire..so a bit more sensitive to bending to much and breaking...lolz...ur neck wont survive it for long time..hehehe..better get a 8wire 22awg BW..closest to copper venom u can get..ask Kiats.
wink.gif

Kiats did say that the silver venom will be less stiff, so I'm really hoping the silver venom iem cable will be ok for portable use, but that's probably wishful thinking.
redface.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #7,068 of 10,312
Ahh I see.
Do you know if this is the case for just the copper venom? Or does this also apply for the silver venom too?

Not the silver venom. If you look back to June, Frank explains and has photos of the raw cable. :)

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #7,069 of 10,312
Kiats did say that the silver venom will be less stiff, so I'm really hoping the silver venom iem cable will be ok for portable use, but that's probably wishful thinking. :xf_eek:

All will be revealed when I get the cable after Frank gets back from his break. :)

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #7,070 of 10,312
  Hi everyone,  Time to introduce myself.  My name is Max and I am covering Frank whilst he is away.

I won't pretend to have the level of detail knowledge Frank and by the looks of things half of everyone on this thread.  But I can cover the basics and act as a place to touch base with Toxic Cables.  Feel free to PM me.

@Paul Graham those pic's are great thanks for sharing.  I love that your son photo bombed you.

@Kiats looking very nice, wish I had as many adapters myself lol.

Zachchen, just the Piccolo as far as i know.  I will see if i can confirm but might take a while.

Hi Max,

Can I place an order with you? Or do I have to wait until Frank gets back?

Thanks

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #7,071 of 10,312
Not the silver venom. If you look back to June, Frank explains and has photos of the raw cable. :)

Is it one of the new venom series thats been frank talking about ..a more affordable venom range? :D

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #7,072 of 10,312
Aug 5, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #7,074 of 10,312
Thanks for the warm welcome all :beerchug:   

@atsq17
 can take but cannot fulfill orders.  Frank has to check everything over before it goes out.  I am just here so you all know you haven't been left in limbo :darthsmile:

Yep..thats frank all over..checking everything...hehehe be careful for his bodyguard snakes though! They are checking up on u :D
And who says we dont like being in this limbo..we are crazy enough at the very least.. :D

And i will state, and most of us will agree, who has had several cables already from him: we dont mind waiting...as we all know its worth the wait and we understand ur role in his absense..if any of us can help u with info..ask us :D

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #7,075 of 10,312
Designmaniac, the other adapters are for 2.5 trrs to 3.5 trrs (for use with hifiman) and another is for 3.5 trrs to 3.5 trs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi Kiats, I've just gotten my BW IEM cable terminated with AK240 2.5mm TRRS plug + 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRS adapter from Frank late last week. I agree that Frank's new carbon fibre plugs are, quite simply, a sight to behold. And the BW sounded really organic, musical and sublime with my IEM. Loved it to bits.

My BW cable works perfectly with my AK240's balanced out, no channel cut-off whatsoever with the device's output. But I found that I had to apply a slight pressure to the 2.5mm plug away from me and hold it there when used together with the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, otherwise I will get a left channel cut-off. Rotating the 2.5mm plug doesn't help. I suspect the 2.5mm plug is not making proper contact with the female end of the adapter.

Does yours have such a problem?

Looks like I gotta seek Frank's advice when he is back from his vacation.

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #7,076 of 10,312
Hi Kiats, I've just gotten my BW IEM cable terminated with AK240 2.5mm TRRS plug + 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRS adapter from Frank late last week. I agree that Frank's new carbon fibre plugs are, quite simply, a sight to behold. And the BW sounded really organic, musical and sublime with my IEM. Loved it to bits.

My BW cable works perfectly with my AK240's balanced out, no channel cut-off whatsoever with the device's output. But I found that I had to apply a slight pressure to the 2.5mm plug away from me and hold it there when used together with the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, otherwise I will get a left channel cut-off. Rotating the 2.5mm plug doesn't help. I suspect the 2.5mm plug is not making proper contact with the female end of the adapter.

Does yours have such a problem?

Looks like I gotta seek Frank's advice when he is back from his vacation.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the BW. It is a wonderful iteration of the classic copper cable, isn't it?

Sorry to hear that you have a persistent problem. It sounds like contact issue. Yes, you should bring it up to Frank when he returns. :)

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #7,078 of 10,312

I totally know what u mean..thats what made me fall in love with the BW also... All the good character of the copper without the classic faults...frank did well with this cable..and for the price its a steal compared to some other 'higher end' cables.

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #7,079 of 10,312
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the BW. It is a wonderful iteration of the classic copper cable, isn't it?

I totally know what u mean..thats what made me fall in love with the BW also... All the good character of the copper without the classic faults...frank did well with this cable..and for the price its a steal compared to some other 'higher end' cables.

Totally agree. What Frank did with the BW is simply amazing. This is by far the clearest, the most detailed, and the most organic copper cable I've come across. I also have the SW and Virus together in the shipment with the BW, but at the moment the BW is getting the most love from me - it has not come off my IEMs ever since I plugged it in last Friday! 
darthsmile.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #7,080 of 10,312
Totally agree. What Frank did with the BW is simply amazing. This is by far the clearest, the most detailed, and the most organic copper cable I've come across. I also have the SW and Virus together in the shipment with the BW, but at the moment the BW is getting the most love from me - it has not come off my IEMs ever since I plugged it in last Friday! :darthsmile:

Haha! Good on you! I can't say I disagree on the BW. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back