Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 8, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #5,672 of 10,312
What the different by double up the wire?

U mean quadrible..as its 4 times more wire inside..as the standard sw has only 4 wires lolz
But damn..this wire in dual 3pin xlr balanced form would look sooo good on my new rig.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #5,673 of 10,312
What I mean what it change with 4x of the wire, the conductive are same on each wire, it give more or better signal? Wondering how big the different.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #5,674 of 10,312
What I mean what it change with 4x of the wire, the conductive are same on each wire, it give more or better signal? Wondering how big the different.

It makes for a better signal. As cables are already a controversial subject I won't comment on how it might affect sound...

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #5,675 of 10,312
It's a cable i am still deciding if i will offer for sale or not, so i have not worked out the price on it yet, but will not be for the faint hearted if i do sell it.  Off the top of my head, it will be 3 to 4 times the price of the Venom.  I would also not sell more then 1 or 2 a year, as it takes too long to build.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #5,676 of 10,312
Thanks David, I believe the cable make different to sound, just wondering how big the different especially come to more wire, I saw some ic with many many small core wire as well.

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #5,677 of 10,312
The Venom already uses the thickest solid core wire of any headphone cable on the market, and this cable has 16 of them. Not multiples of tiny gauge wires.

As with the standard Venom, the 16 wire is still flexible and managable, although slightly less flexible then the standard Venom which customers still found very flexible. Maybe someone who owns a Venom can chime in.

Flexibility of solid wires, especially rectangular, is all in how you lay out, configure and braid the wires, this is where trial and error comes in.

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #5,678 of 10,312
  Congrats Sensui! Frank is a legend is he not?!
Enjoy your cable dude :)

Guy's a legend and proves to be time after time.....always innovating and rolling out new products.  I always appreciate someone that puts the investment back into the business to service customers better with better services and products.

Great looking cable Frank.....why must you tempt everyone to upgrade.... always a nice touch lately with the snakes. =)

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #5,679 of 10,312
I just received my Silver Widow HD650 cable today and on the shrinkwrap around the Kobiconn jack it says "White Widow" and not Silver Widow. I just hope I got a Silver Widow and not a White Widow cable, or is this normal for the shrink wrap around the plugs to say different things? Thanks.

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #5,680 of 10,312
  I just received my Silver Widow HD650 cable today and on the shrinkwrap around the Kobiconn jack it says "White Widow" and not Silver Widow. I just hope I got a Silver Widow and not a White Widow cable, or is this normal for the shrink wrap around the plugs to say different things? Thanks.

I suggest you take a photo and PM Frank who will then tell you if yours is WW or SW.

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #5,682 of 10,312

I am extremely sorry for the mix up.

The cable will be the SW, we did not make any WW with the RSA connector. You will notice the cable will also have the new aluminium HD6XX connectors, only the SW has this.

Unfortunately, my staff made a mistake and shipped all the HD6XX SW cables with WW shrink wrap on the jack end, i have had 2 other customers with the HD6XX SW cable report the same thing.

Unfortunately, when i looked over the cables for wormanship and testing, i did not notice this myself.

So you do have the correct cable, just the wrong shrink on it. You can continue to use the cable and whenever you are ready, even if it's 6 months or 6 years down the line, you can email me and send the cable back and i will have this replaced for you.

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #5,683 of 10,312
  I am extremely sorry for the mix up.

The cable will be the SW, we did not make any WW with the RSA connector. You will notice the cable will also have the new aluminium HD6XX connectors, only the SW has this.

Unfortunately, my staff made a mistake and shipped all the HD6XX SW cables with WW shrink wrap on the jack end, i have has 2 other people with the HD6XX SW cable report the same thing.

So you do have the correct cable, just the wrong shrink on it. You can continue to use the cable and whenever you are ready, even if it's 6 months down the line, you can email me and send the cable back and i will have this replaced for you.

Cool, I'm glad to hear it is the Silver Widow cable at least :)
Thanks for the response and the offer to fix it in the future; I might consider it one day after I get some listening out of it :D

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #5,684 of 10,312

Cool, I'm glad to hear it is the Silver Widow cable at least :)
Thanks for the response and the offer to fix it in the future; I might consider it one day after I get some listening out of it :D

Whenever you are ready, just get in touch and we will get it fixed up for you. I realized you would not want to send it back right away, hench my offer to send it back at a future date :)

Apologies agaim for the mix up.

Off to bed now, will go through emails and PM's later today.

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #5,685 of 10,312
My SP cable shipped before Christmas and the tracking says it departed Detroit, MI on Dec 30th.  (im in South Texas)  I didn't know the US still had the pony express.  I'm super excited and can't wait... 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back