Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #1,036 of 10,312
Quote:

So now what is the best sound cable for the HD800s  The Venom or these?

I would like to know this as well. Just too many options available right now that its becoming hard to make a choice on the best cable for a certain headphone, and the differences in the sound of the cable combination, if any.

Nov 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #1,037 of 10,312
Quote:

Also will the new splitter be available on either?

Quote:

Also will the new splitter be available on either?

I am yet to try the 8 wire Venom on the HD800,  it was not previously available.

I am also not taking orders on the Venom for the next few months, but it remains my flagship.

I am looking in to having the splitters made for all of my cables.

Nov 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #1,038 of 10,312
Quote:
What cable of Frank's would best suit the Miracle.......anyone ????

The Piccolino cable, their's a thread by one of our reviewus contributous for a lineup of lot's of CIEM cable's from different manufacturers. The reviewed Piccolino cable was made by Jaben (which would be no different to Frank's ones), and the Miracle + the Piccolino was the best combination out of the lot...blah blah...use the search function to look for the thread.

lol

Nov 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #1,039 of 10,312
Quote:

I would like to know this as well. Just too many options available right now that its becoming hard to make a choice on the best cable for a certain headphone, and the differences in the sound of the cable combination, if any.

I do have another 4-5 new wires arriving next month also, so i can understand it can get confusing. From the cables i have currently, i will list my preference below, from 1 to 6.

1, Copper Venom "RC-4"
2, Hybrid 24
3, Silver Poison
4, Widow
5, Scorpion
6, Viper

Once the new wires come in, i will look in to sending reviewers one of each cable for review, so the same person can review all my cables, for a particular headphone.

If you like, i can borrow you a Widow with your SP, maybe you could post a comparison yourself.

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #1,040 of 10,312
[quote="Toxic].I do have another 4-5 new wires arriving next month also, so i can understand it can get confusing. From the cables i have currently, i will list my preference below, from 1 to 6.

1, Copper Venom "RC-4"
2, Hybrid 24
3, Silver Poison
4, Widow
5, Scorpion
6, Viper

Once the new wires come in, i will look in to sending reviewers one of each cable for review, so the same person can review all my cables, for a particular headphone.

If you like, i can borrow you a Widow with your SP, maybe you could post a comparison yourself.
[/quote]

Cool..but also even more confusing.. :xf_eek: we need references frank..we all are cnfused whats best for our phones right now :wink: Include me if u need a he500 reviewer..today i was at the belgium/dutch meet..and it was great..mentioned ur cables a lot btw..only pity i couldnt have one to show and let them listen in person..the cables most people used were from alo cables, qcables and norse cabling and some with diy cabling..No on had toxic cables..that was surprising..so in the benelux ur cables stil need some mouth to mouth advertisement..SO i wanna volunteer..as i just upgraded my rig with new good quality powercables..so only thing is next is to better/upgrade my headphone dhc cable...but before that i would like to test drive some..i can promise u the review will be fun and interesting.. :D when u expect to ship out the review models..and u already made ur mind up who will be the reviewers? I know u said in the past that ur main goal was making test models for the audeze line up..but..did u know that most of the people on this meet actually enjoyed my combo more then any other rig..even some (burson) costing much more..including with lcd2's..i was surprised actually that people were so impressed..saying my 337 sounded like a ss with extended warmth included to it..sooo..next thing is getting some perfectcables from frankie boy to test how good it reaaly can be..soooo ur man enough to take up that challenge? :D
What i did saw was that most owners of the hifiman lineup used the standard cables..What :mad: ..so everyone was surprised how good mine sounded..surprise surprise :p and i know urs will make it even sound better..soooo..be the man u are and let me show every one that ur the man to go to if u ever need the best sounding cable for the hifiman lineup..i now owe the he300 and he500..so i can test the cables on both..

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #1,041 of 10,312

biggrin.gif
 I currently have hundreds of orders pending, so it's a little hard to make demo cables for everyone. Getting my current orders out is my main priority. Maybe sometime early next year, i will be able to send something your way, to try.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #1,042 of 10,312
That is quite enough magic at one time Frank.....Save some pixie dust for later.
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #1,043 of 10,312
Quote:
I do have another 4-5 new wires arriving next month also, so i can understand it can get confusing. From the cables i have currently, i will list my preference below, from 1 to 6.

1, Copper Venom "RC-4"
2, Hybrid 24
3, Silver Poison
4, Widow
5, Scorpion
6, Viper

This is very helpful.

Thanks for extending the offer for me to review the Widow with my HD800. I would be delighted to, and any other cable you would like to send my way 
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #1,044 of 10,312

1, Copper Venom "RC-4"
2, Hybrid 24
3, Silver Poison
4, Widow
5, Scorpion
6, Viper

Quick question..where does the piccolino fit in this row?
About the sending..i am on knees since this morning praying :D to be the lucky one who can actually test whats best soundwise for The he500 and he300 in combination with my 337..pity i sold my 400 last month..as that would make me a realworld benchmark testing the whole range of hifiman except for the he6 and he5le. But at least i have the lower end( to test with the more affordable cables) the he300 and the higher end he500 to test for upperrange cables of frank.

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #1,045 of 10,312
Quote:
Received a few samples of the new Y splitters today, and they are perfect.

I will now confirm the order and also have the correct sized screws made for them, to hold the two pieces together.

I have decided to have them chrome plated, i think that will look nice, i should have pictures of a plated sample soon.

Pictures taken with a penny next to it, to give you an idea of the size, i am thinking of getting an even smaller version made also.

Are you working on smaller versions now Frank? I'd be interested in smaller ones.

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #1,047 of 10,312
Those new 1 strand 2800 GA cables should be light and flexible!

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #1,049 of 10,312
Nov 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #1,050 of 10,312

Users who are viewing this thread

Back