Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 24, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #9,482 of 10,312
Silver Widow is warmer and Hydra is brighter at least that is what my ears/brain hear.

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #9,483 of 10,312
Can someone desribe the SQ differences between these two cables by parameters other tonal ones?
Things like focus, detail, transparency, dynamics, soundstage...That sort of thing.

There's got to be more to these two than a mild tone control.

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #9,484 of 10,312
@Toxic Cables I got my SW24 back today, thanks Frank / Max. I am listening whilst writing this. However I had one of those stomach churning, heart wrenching moments earlier on. I found the Noble 2 pin plugs very tight to remove and ergo, the SW24 were very tight to insert to the end result of me staring at the bent pin end I had just done as my hand slipped as I was pushing the bloody plug in. Saying *** was a major understatement as what I thought was a wrecked plug pin. Suffice to say some very gentle working got the pin sorted out and inserted. I must be honest, this is my first dealings with the 2 pin plugs and I don't like them. Extremely tight to remove and insert and so easy to slip and then bend, or worse still, break a pin off.
It's nice to have my cable back and paired with the Encores they sound great, thanks :)

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #9,487 of 10,312
Frank on leave again? I was gonna order a new cable again... 
frown.gif

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #9,490 of 10,312
You'll need to be patient guys. If your cable is overdue then that means Frank is completely swamped right now. Sending him loads of emails will unfortunately only slow him down, as he can't be making cables if he's answering messages. It's worth the wait, I promise :)

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #9,491 of 10,312
You'll need to be patient guys. If your cable is overdue then that means Frank is completely swamped right now. Sending him loads of emails will unfortunately only slow him down, as he can't be making cables if he's answering messages. It's worth the wait, I promise
smily_headphones1.gif

+1 it's worth the wait,
My brother in law tested my Silver Widow 24 with his lcd3f and compare it with the Norn audio Solv-X and he was impressed by the SW24

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #9,492 of 10,312
You'll need to be patient guys. If your cable is overdue then that means Frank is completely swamped right now. Sending him loads of emails will unfortunately only slow him down, as he can't be making cables if he's answering messages. It's worth the wait, I promise :)

+1 i agree with craftlyclown...i am a longterm buyer of cables of toxic (owned some top of the line models in custom version) and i can promise you the cable will blow you away ( take around 100hrs burn in time for the sw)..patience will be rewarded..17 weeks is nothing for us (older dudes) some of us waited more then 8 months for some audio pieces They now own and love. :wink:

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #9,493 of 10,312
Yeah agreed it's worth the wait, but at least someone in Toxics could at least answer the PMs or emails once in a while. This is especially for new buyers as this makes them feel more safe and confident that their money won't be lost and Toxics won't just take their money and go away and disappear 
biggrin.gif

I personally will hold my order and monitor this thread until someone in Toxics reply this thread, to make sure Toxics is still doing business 
gs1000.gif

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #9,494 of 10,312
Yeah agreed it's worth the wait, but at least someone in Toxics could at least answer the PMs or emails once in a while. This is especially for new buyers as this makes them feel more safe and confident that their money won't be lost and Toxics won't just take their money and go away and disappear :D

I personally will hold my order and monitor this thread until someone in Toxics reply this thread, to make sure Toxics is still doing business :gs1000smile:

But that's the problem; Toxic is just Frank and an assistant.

Look at some of the times Frank responds to emails and PMs. I've had messages from him at 3 or 4am in the morning UK time, sometimes later. The guy is working flat out to get these cables made at the same time as spending time with his family.

Please try not to worry, your money will not disappear. Take a look around and you will see the amount of satisfied customers here on Head-Fi, despite all experiencing the same wait times.

:)

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #9,495 of 10,312
But that's the problem; Toxic is just Frank and an assistant.

Look at some of the times Frank responds to emails and PMs. I've had messages from him at 3 or 4am in the morning UK time, sometimes later. The guy is working flat out to get these cables made at the same time as spending time with his family.

Please try not to worry, your money will not disappear. Take a look around and you will see the amount of satisfied customers here on Head-Fi, despite all experiencing the same wait times.

smily_headphones1.gif

lol yea I have experienced the wait twice already, and I am really gonna order my third cable from Frank. But just saw someone in this thread that mentioned they haven't heard from them for 16-17weeks (4 months) that made me a bit worry about their business 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back