Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #6,421 of 10,317
Frank, you know that I am a big supporter of cables but can you please explain to me what's the point of a one sided aftermarket cable? I mean if you don't rewire the headphone as well, then wouldn't the sound be degraded as it travels through the cables that go from the female 3.5mm to the drivers? 

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #6,422 of 10,317
  Frank, you know that I am a big supporter of cables but can you please explain to me what's the point of a one sided aftermarket cable? I mean if you don't rewire the headphone as well, then wouldn't the sound be degraded as it travels through the cables that go from the female 3.5mm to the drivers? 

Ideally we would love to rewire everything, this would not only be the wire to the drivers, but the amp, the power cable, rewire your whole house with silver, then all the way to the power station, but we don't live in an ideal world, so we have to make do with what we can change, and if we notice an improvement doing so, then that's great and many including yourself can hear a good improvement by changing just the cable.

If you want to change the wires to your drivers, send the headphones in, i would be more then happy to take your money to do it for you :wink: can even rewire your whole amp for you if you like.

I think this discussion would be best suited to another thread.

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #6,423 of 10,317
Excuse me people. Frank is currently making my cable.
So, can you please leave him alone and let him finish the cable? You can disturb him after my cable is shipped.
J/K :beerchug:

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #6,424 of 10,317
Excuse me people. Frank is currently making my cable.
So, can you please leave him alone and let him finish the cable? You can disturb him after my cable is shipped.
J/K
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #6,425 of 10,317
Hey Frank, check PMs! :)   I am trying to make an order. Cheers.  :)

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #6,426 of 10,317
The new translucent black Black Widow now in stock.

I need to make one for pictures, so rather then making any random cable, the first person to place an order for the new BW will get this picture cable and i will make it with termination you want. Someone with an existing order can also go for this, so will be the first person to PM me.

I have quickly also put together a Westone terminated cable, i have not put the jack on it yet, so anyone interested in a trans black westone cable, let me know the termination you want and it can ship next week.

The translucent black BW is available in the same AWG as my clear one, 22AWG for headphones and 26AWG for IEM's and headphones.

For those who have orders for clear, if you would like to change your order to black, i am more then happy to do this for you. Just send me a PM with header "BW BLACK" and include your order details and date in the PM.

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #6,430 of 10,317
Apr 13, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #6,431 of 10,317
Apr 13, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #6,432 of 10,317

I received Toxic Silver Widow for Fitear, after waiting for 5 months  and a couple weeks for getting the cable done right, it is worth every minute of waiting. Workmanship is first class and look gorgeous with first class service and good communication on the last couple weeks.
This is my second SW Cable and third Toxic Cable, the first one is for UE 11 Pro.
The SW-UE 11 Pro transformed  UE 11 pro in to a new iem. For SW-Fitear 335, I wish SW-Fitear could improve upon 335 SWD with Fitear 000 cable or at least comparable to 000 which quite awkward to use on a packed commuting.
As good as 000 cable is, SW has gone beyond 000 in every departments. Height, mid, mid bass, low bass, especially in low bass and height come with qualities, quantities, layer of details and micro details that has never been heard, brought the forward mid of 335 to a proper location in sound stage, and still got a grip of 335 character. Ten nights and days of burning the cable are joyful sleepless nights of listening to Ron Carter’s, Phil Lesh’s, Berry Okley’s deep bass, Tony Williams’, Ginger Baker’s bass drums and Bernstein’s DG Mahler Symphony No.2 1st movement basses from New York Philharmonic bass section.

Apr 13, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #6,433 of 10,317

I received Toxic Silver Widow for Fitear, after waiting for 5 months  and a couple weeks for getting the cable done right, it is worth every minute of waiting. Workmanship is first class and look gorgeous with first class service and good communication on the last couple weeks.

This is my second SW Cable and third Toxic Cable, the first one is for UE 11 Pro.

The SW-UE 11 Pro transformed  UE 11 pro in to a new iem. For SW-Fitear 335, I wish SW-Fitear could improve upon 335 SWD with Fitear 000 cable or at least comparable to 000 which quite awkward to use on a packed commuting.

As good as 000 cable is, SW has gone beyond 000 in every departments. Height, mid, mid bass, low bass, especially in low bass and height come with qualities, quantities, layer of details and micro details that has never been heard, brought the forward mid of 335 to a proper location in sound stage, and still got a grip of 335 character. Ten nights and days of burning the cable are joyful sleepless nights of listening to Ron Carter’s, Phil Lesh’s, Berry Okley’s deep bass, Tony Williams’, Ginger Baker’s bass drums and Bernstein’s DG Mahler Symphony No.2 1st movement basses from New York Philharmonic bass section.

Nice. I was thinking about a change from 000 at some point for my 335 and wondered which toxic would be good........might have to make the jump some day. :)

Apr 13, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #6,435 of 10,317
Hey guys, anyone have any recommendations for a Balanced cable, for a set of Noble K-10s? running a AK-240& cypher labs duet sometimes with AK-240. Listen to all types of music. Thanks in advance.

I'd suggest Silver Widow. Hands down the best cable imo.

If you want a more romantic sound, i.e warm and lovely, the copper offerings will give you just that! Black widow comes in mind. Or even can try the new gold plated silver poison!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back