Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #3,691 of 10,321
Another way is to visit a headfi meet..in the states u can find regular headfi meets i understand..

.or maybe one headfi'er in texas has a lcd3 u can listen to?

Or Put a request on the lcd3 thread..u never know..maybe u can be lucky and a nice lcd3 owner in texas is willing to let u listen to it... :p

May 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #3,692 of 10,321
Yep I will probably keep an eye out for a meet up in Austin or somewhere it would be awesome to attend one of those. But for now I'm ok with my LCD2.2s and the amp and dac. Looking forward to getting the Silver Widow cable also. Even with very little experience with other phones I could tell the sound stage just was not like what I keep reading about here that other cans do provide. But the sound is still very very nice with this rig so I am not bummed. Just natural to desire the absolute best sound we can get...

May 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #3,693 of 10,321

Quote:
One way to do it: http://www.thecableco.com/Product/NEW-Headphone-Lending-Library

Wow that is totally cool! I will definitely avail myself of this service when it comes time to look into better cans. THANKS FOR THE TIP!!

May 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #3,695 of 10,321
Me too. Ordered a Silver Widow yesterday now wait 14 weeks to get it. I could just kick myself for not just buying the LCD3s to start with as that was my original plan. Not that there is a problem with the 3.2s on the contrary they sound awesome. I generally try to buy TOTL stuff first now and that way don't need to worry about later upgrades to get what I wanted to start with. Just the reviews seemed to indicate very little improvement for $1000 more so I went ahead with the 2.2s. Should have stuck to my plan. Hopefully this cable can help the sound staging and treble enhancement such that I am good to go with these cans. We'll see...

May 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #3,696 of 10,321
Quote:
Me too. Ordered a Silver Widow yesterday now wait 14 weeks to get it. I could just kick myself for not just buying the LCD3s to start with as that was my original plan. Not that there is a problem with the 3.2s on the contrary they sound awesome. I generally try to buy TOTL stuff first now and that way don't need to worry about later upgrades to get what I wanted to start with. Just the reviews seemed to indicate very little improvement for $1000 more so I went ahead with the 2.2s. Should have stuck to my plan. Hopefully this cable can help the sound staging and treble enhancement such that I am good to go with these cans. We'll see...

For most people the differences between 2.2s and 3s are more detail, better highs and better soundstage. My Arsenic cable consists of 4 conductors of Silver Widow and 4 of White Widow, so I think that a full Silver Widow probably has a similar character... In my system the Arsenic surely brought more detail, better highs and a slight improvement in sound stage, so I guess you made the right choice here :).

May 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #3,697 of 10,321
Damn......Had a great chance to catch up with fellow Headfiers at a meet being organized in a few weeks. I wanted so much to compare a few cables with other Miracle owners......... but the wife informs me we have a wedding to attend........Anyone know where I can get a life size paper cut out pic so she can take it with her at the wedding?...........
size]

May 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #3,698 of 10,321
Damn......Had a great chance to catch up with fellow Headfiers at a meet being organized in a few weeks. I wanted so much to compare a few cables with other Miracle owners......... but the wife informs me we have a wedding to attend........Anyone know where I can get a life size paper cut out pic so she can take it with her at the wedding?...........
size]

Help commtrd get his Silver Widow faster and I'm sure he'll find a way to help you with your predicament :)

May 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #3,699 of 10,321
Quote:

wow.  it's crazy to wait 14 weeks....I don't have that kind of patience! good luck man!  
L3000.gif

May 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #3,700 of 10,321
I finally received my silver widows for hd800. I was surprised how sleek and light the cable was. Build qualitity is ofc top notch as stated many times in this thread.

Bit about the sound quality:

For me it was clear from the start that these cables let you hear everything that is put into a record. Been listening to early Genesis albums and let me tell you that vocals and instruments sound so
real. It's like a layer of veil was removed compared to stock cables. Still it manages to sound so smooth and not any hard on ears. Everything sounds balanced from highs to bass and not any exaggerated.

Albums listened so far:

Genesis: Selling England by the pound
Genesis: Lamb lies down on the broadway
Genesis: Nursery cryme
Genesis: Foxtrot
Dead can dance: Anastasis
Ian Boddy: Liverdelphia

And my gear:

Sennheiser hd800
Brinkmann Integrated
Heavily modified Sony cdp-d12

May 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #3,701 of 10,321
Quote:
I finally received my silver widows for hd800. I was surprised how sleek and light the cable was. Build qualitity is ofc top notch as stated many times in this thread.

Bit about the sound quality:

For me it was clear from the start that these cables let you hear everything that is put into a record. Been listening to early Genesis albums and let me tell you that vocals and instruments sound so
real. It's like a layer of veil was removed compared to stock cables. Still it manages to sound so smooth and not any hard on ears. Everything sounds balanced from highs to bass and not any exaggerated.

Albums listened so far:

Genesis: Selling England by the pound
Genesis: Lamb lies down on the broadway
Genesis: Nursery cryme
Genesis: Foxtrot
Dead can dance: Anastasis
Ian Boddy: Liverdelphia

And my gear:

Sennheiser hd800
Brinkmann Integrated
Heavily modified Sony cdp-d12

redface.gif
 Sorry for the long wait, i am extremely glad you are happy with the purchase.

May 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #3,702 of 10,321
Very interesting the use of the Silver Widow with the HD800. I am thinking about someday maybe getting those cans and had wondered about possibly using that cable with the HD800s. I have no idea what kind of connectors those phones require though. Also the Mjolnir requires balanced so may be better to just get a dedicated cable for those phones. That's a ways off anyway.

May 22, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #3,703 of 10,321
silver widows with the hd800?????? thats a new one for me...u must be first one to get that cable for the hd800 as far i can remember..but i guess its all about ur total rig to determine which cable is right.....but if u love the sound..be happy with it...

but guys i stumbled upon something i was stunned to be honest

first i see the Head Technician of Sennheiser state that Franks cables actually improve the sound of their excellent headphone products
and now this:

the world cant get more crazy then this:
biggrin.gif

that Alexander Rosson dude is actually the..wait...wait...wait..no..wait...
biggrin.gif
....the CEO and CO-FOUNDER of AUDEZE himself...and what did he do...he became a follower of our so beloved cable maker...TOXIC cables..now my foot broke...
eek.gif

how much more prove u wanna see that toxic cables is the right choice for cabling ur own babies..oops..i mean ur headphones....as a big and well regarded headphone manufacturer like Audeze is also actually following the brand with interest.

okay..this is end of this news bulletin..
wink.gif

May 22, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #3,704 of 10,321
Both Silver Poison and Widows are very good with the HD800. I think some people just assume that a silver cable won't be a good match with the HD800, but that could not be further from the truth. I find my silver cables, to pair very well with them, but that could also be due to the included gold.

May 22, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #3,705 of 10,321
oh ok...i thought the toxic copper (or copper hybrid) cables were best combo with the hd800...well..u see...even i learn a thing or two..
biggrin.gif

maybe i have to try one silver widow or arsenic one day on my he500 as well...to see if it will be better pair then the black widow to my ears
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back