TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro
Jun 7, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #436 of 533
FWIW: While the H8P sounds great, I am finding that my seal is less than optimal where playing with my ear a bit, I am definitely getting more bass punch and the bass comes forward. I cannot seem to hold the seal with the demo though, so I am wondering how much better these can be with a custom fit. If they can sound this good with a poor seal, they must be at another level custom. That may explain the back and forth on the bass - big vs. a little recessed. My seal test is to wear them mowing the lawn which I got great noise reduction even with my previous TF10 or Copper universals. With my NT6pro customs, nothing but music. With the H8P demo, I could barely hear them unless cupping my hands over my ears. However, in the normal quiet environment they sound great even with what turns out to be a poor seal.

The other thing that I am reconfirming is that I am having to turn the volume way up for the H8P to get to a reasonable volume compared to other CIEMs, pretty much to my HP levels. For example, my NT6pro sound great at 35 to 40 on my AK100ii. The H8P is set to 55 to 65 which is typical of my HD700 and a little less than my LCD2.2. which is usually at 65 to 70. They may be harder to drive, but they do sound awesome.

While the soundstage is really good, the back to front layering is spectacular. For example, I can hear two bass guitarists standing in the same area and feel like I can tell which is in front of the other and if they move. Up and down seems to stand out as well where I feel the length of the guitar strings from my ear to my waist, but can feel a musical pat of the back of the guitar by my waist.

Jun 7, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #437 of 533
I had good luck with the spinfit tips on the H8P, got a perfect seal. If you have those you may want to give them a try.

Jun 8, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #439 of 533
Couple of questions:

1. How does one get the music ones to the US?

2. Do the music ones do well with rock/metal?

1) Piotr offers international shipping so getting it to the US is no problem

2) The Music one works well with most genres and sounds just fine with rock and metal. However, there are other iems more spefically tuned for rock and metal and has more bass thump and treble energy that can offer a more lively sound for rock. That comes at the cost of possibly sounding harsher though or at the cost of being less flexible with various genres.

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #443 of 533
Im trying to keep it in the $200-$500 range. So the Harmony series is not a viable option.

For lower-tier CustomArt, I'd suggest looking at Music2 in silicon or the new Ei.3 in acrylic.

When I had the demo kit, I really liked the M2. Better than M1 to me.

Ei.3 just came out, so there aren't many reviews on them yet. Those that exist describe them as a fun sound signature that doesn't sound flabby or skimp on the mids. I'm quite eager to hear this one!

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #444 of 533
I live in Calgary, Alberta and would like to participate in the M1/M2/Pro/Harmony tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Am also interested in the CustomArt Ei.3 CIEM tour.

Jun 9, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #446 of 533
What took you so long?

wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Asleep at the wheel... and doing other reviews...

Jun 9, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #447 of 533
So you know I am not ignoring the thread, I will kick off the CustomArt Ei.3 CIEM tour with some more info once I get the demo and figure out some logistics. It could be any day now.

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #448 of 533
I imagine the K10u are warmer than H8P. How does the A12 compare sound sig wise?

Well, keeping in mind that the 1964ears A12 are almost twice as expensive at retail price, the A12 does have more detail, more spaciousness - almost like an open headphone, and feels like it goes deeper, it is also slightly darker - than the H8P's. The A12's can also be played louder due to the adel technology, that's a big plus.
However, the H8P's have better layering, and a completely addictive sound. Both have a rich sound with top tier tuning.
I could easily live with both and if I see the H8P's at the right price, will certainly pick up a pair (prefer Universal or demo version- as customs and my small ear canals just don't work).

Oh, for a real treat, the H8P's played through a balanced output on a AK120II, using a Norne Audio Solv X cable is just amazing...

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #449 of 533
  So you know I am not ignoring the thread, I will kick off the CustomArt Ei.3 CIEM tour with some more info once I get the demo and figure out some logistics. It could be any day now.

Barra, please see Post #444 of the thread. Would love to be #20 on the West Coast CIEM Demo Tour list (or wherever I fit). Cheers!

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #450 of 533

Barra, please see Post #444 of the thread. Would love to be #20 on the West Coast CIEM Demo Tour list (or wherever I fit). Cheers!

Sorry it is taking a bit to respond. We recently had a border/customs issue and we are setting up a Canadian tour for the Ei.3 so I am considering logistics to keep from crossing the border too much. But yes, we will get you scheduled in. I am adding you to the end of the East Coast tour as a placeholder, but will probably move you around to align with other Canadians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back