TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro
Jun 22, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #466 of 533
The Ei.3 tour is now officially launched as a West Coast and East Coast / Canadian tour. Barra has the West Coast kit now and the East Coast kit will be mailed to Cotnijoe as soon as we get an address - PM sent. Please let me know if I somehow missed someone, otherwise, we are good to go. New additions will be added to the end of the list.

Updated in Post #2 and will be tracked there. PMs will be sent to the participants to stay in touch with each other.

Ei.3 Tour

This is the new Ei.3 tour that is being held in addition to the rest of the lineup tour above. There are 2 demos and therefore again a West and an East Coast/Canadian Tour. Here is the participant lineup:

West Coast:

Name:                              Location:
  • Barra                            Woodinville, WA
  • Barrasr                         Bellevue, WA
  • H2Ologd                       Duval, WA
  • Nmatheis                      Portland, OR
  • iamstumper                   Lincoln, CA
  • saxophonix777             Santa Barbara, CA
  • Lagisforeplay                Albuquerque, NM
  • Hisoundfi                      Kenosha, WI

East Coast / Canadian:

Name:                              Location:
  • Cotnijoe                        St. Louis, MO
  • tskinner3                       Baton Rouge, LA
  • The Dan of Steel          Tampa, FL
  • Dithyrambes                 New York, New York
  • Peareye                        london, Ontario
  • Hakushondaimao          Calgary, Alberta
  • faithguy19                     Lexington, Kentucky

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #469 of 533
East Coast tour package has been shipped.  Expected delivery is Wed, 6/24/2015.

While I liked the H8P, there were two drawbacks for me.  1 - I routinely have iem's on under a helmet and didn't feel that it would be wise to be pulling a helmet on and off over the iem's. I would worry too much.  2 - I enjoyed the sound much more when running it from O2 or av receiver.  Running it from my Note4 didn't do it for me and that would be when I use iem's the most - directly from my phone.

The Music One's I enjoyed greatly and if I couldn't afford (or didn't want to spend the higher cost) the Music Two or Pro330v2 these would be the iem's (custom or otherwise) I would purchase and not look back.

But, of the 4 I liked the Music Two and the Pro330v2 the most.  These two reminded a great deal of two headphones I listen to on a daily basis ... Music Two reminded of the Oppo PM-3 and the Pro330v2 reminded me of AKG K712 Pro.

I am sad, very sad, to see them leave 
basshead.gif
   But am looking forward to the new Ei.3 tour and compare to the sound of the M2 and Pro330v2 to see which iem wins out for me.

Thanks to @Barra and @piotrus-g for making this possible!

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #470 of 533
Jun 22, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #471 of 533
  East Coast tour package has been shipped.  Expected delivery is Wed, 6/24/2015.

While I liked the H8P, there were two drawbacks for me.  1 - I routinely have iem's on under a helmet and didn't feel that it would be wise to be pulling a helmet on and off over the iem's. I would worry too much.  2 - I enjoyed the sound much more when running it from O2 or av receiver.  Running it from my Note4 didn't do it for me and that would be when I use iem's the most - directly from my phone.

The Music One's I enjoyed greatly and if I couldn't afford (or didn't want to spend the higher cost) the Music Two or Pro330v2 these would be the iem's (custom or otherwise) I would purchase and not look back.

But, of the 4 I liked the Music Two and the Pro330v2 the most.  These two reminded a great deal of two headphones I listen to on a daily basis ... Music Two reminded of the Oppo PM-3 and the Pro330v2 reminded me of AKG K712 Pro.

I am sad, very sad, to see them leave 
basshead.gif
   But am looking forward to the new Ei.3 tour and compare to the sound of the M2 and Pro330v2 to see which iem wins out for me.

Thanks to @Barra and @piotrus-g for making this possible!

Hey, thanks for feedback. I'm really glad you liked them!

Jun 22, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #472 of 533
Excited to be part of these tours. Thanks to @Barra and @piotrus-g for including me, and for organizing so well!

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #475 of 533
  Is it too late to join the Ei.3 tour?

If not I live in Lexington, Kentucky and agree to the terms of the tour.

Adding you to the end of the East Coast Tour.

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #476 of 533
Handing off the West Coast Ei.3 to barrasr tonight and the East Coast kit is on its way to Cotnijoe from Peter so the Ei.3 tour is in full swing. The Ei.3 is definitely a winner at its price point and likely to be very popular. My only regret now is that I didn't have it at the same time as the M1 and M2 to do an A/B. However, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #477 of 533
Handing off the West Coast Ei.3 to barrasr tonight and the East Coast kit is on its way to Cotnijoe from Peter so the Ei.3 tour is in full swing. The Ei.3 is definitely a winner at its price point and likely to be very popular. My only regret now is that I didn't have it at the same time as the M1 and M2 to do an A/B. However, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Is there tracking?

Jun 26, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #479 of 533
I just received the West Coast demo set today.

The conditions of each unit seem to be pretty much the same as when I received the demo set the first time around, minus the Harmony 8 Pro of course. The Harmony 8 itself had the wrong pins going into the wrong sides (left on right, right on left), as well as the wrong polarity, but it's simple enough to align properly again.

Before/incorrect:

After/correct:

Red dot with red/silver cabled earphone (facing away from head), blue dot with blue/silver cabled earphone (facing towards head).
In both cases, the dot (positive polarity output) aligns with the hole farthest away from the earphones' nozzles (positive polarity input)

Jun 27, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #480 of 533
Thank you for noticing and correcting the polarity (it wasn't necessarily bad since both connectors were inverted by 180 degrees, would be bad, if only one was changed) but it's a pity the channels were switched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back