TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro
Jun 11, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #451 of 533
  Sorry it is taking a bit to respond. We recently had a border/customs issue and we are setting up a Canadian tour for the Ei.3 so I am considering logistics to keep from crossing the border too much. But yes, we will get you scheduled in. I am adding you to the end of the East Coast tour as a placeholder, but will probably move you around to align with other Canadians.

Awesome! Thanks...

Jun 14, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #453 of 533
Sadly, I had to pass on the tour kit to the next participant yesterday - I will really miss that H8P. It was so good that I somewhat ignored the others in the lineup this time playing with different options on the H8P. I had just received the new FiiO X5ii tour unit and was able to use it with the H8P and can easily say it is an outstanding pairing just like it is an outstanding pairing with the old X5 as with the AK100ii. I tried it with my iPhone 6 for the first time and was surprisingly please with the SQ from that pairing as well. Bottom line is that the H8P makes everything sound great.

The big finding this round was that the H8P does have some very strong sub bass that I was missing out on before completely and the power of the bass overall is limited by fit as usual. However, the mids are the strong point and not as affected by the poor fit, so I mistakenly thought I was getting a great fit before. By playing a bit this time - cupping my hands over my ears, etc. - I was getting more bass impact and depth adding a richer character overall to the liquid sound. This leave me wondering just how much better the custom version will sound.
beyersmile.png

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #455 of 533
Couple of questions:

1. How does one get the music ones to the US?

2. Do the music ones do well with rock/metal?

Got my music one's back today from 3rd refit.  Will be able to let you know about rock (Magnum, Marillion, Pendragon) and metal (gandalf's fist and Alestorm) later in the week if you are still interested.

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #456 of 533
Ei.3 Tour Update:
I have noted everyone that wishes to be added to this tour and I am starting on logistics. If you didn't note your City/State, please do so now to save me the trouble of having to PM everyone separately.

ELIGIBILITY RULE CHANGE: Please note that due to some issues during the existing tour, we have tightened our eligibility requirements slightly requiring additional contact information for those that do not meet minimal Head-Fi longevity and activity requirements. Those that have been a Head-Fi member for less than a year or have post counts under 100 will be required to provide a scan of their drivers license or the equivalent plus provide their full address and a contact phone number. Please PM me with any concerns, but the intent is to make this tour open to everyone with small precautions. 

I will do a group PM to request the contact information for anyone that does not meet the minimal standards to gain access to the tour. Once I have logistics figured out and have the Ei.3 in my possession, I will post the tour list here and update post #2.

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #458 of 533
Jun 15, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #459 of 533
Jun 19, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #463 of 533
I just received the tour kit today.  Everything looks in good condition including more tips than the original tour setup.  I'm looking forward to listening to these with my X5 and maybe trying some tip-rolling.  

Jun 19, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #464 of 533
Just got the new Ei.3 from Peter yesterday and they sound great.

If you are interested, they are described in my new generation FiiO X5ii review. It compares the iPhone 6, X5, DX90, X5ii, and AK100ii as well as various HP pairings. There is even a naked beauty contest between the contestants for your viewing pleasure so be warned when you open the review in public.
wink_face.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x5-2nd-gen-premium-hi-res-dap/reviews/13401

Jun 19, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #465 of 533
Just got the new Ei.3 from Peter yesterday and they sound great.

If you are interested, they are described in my new generation FiiO X5ii review. It compares the iPhone 6, X5, DX90, X5ii, and AK100ii as well as various HP pairings. There is even a [COLOR=B22222]naked beauty contest[/COLOR] between the contestants for your viewing pleasure so be warned when you open the review in public. :wink_face:

[COLOR=0066CC]http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x5-2nd-gen-premium-hi-res-dap/reviews/13401[/COLOR]

Oh man, this makes waiting for the tour Ei.3 hard...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back