TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro
May 12, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #406 of 533
\
  I should be getting it this week, so you are 8 from me. I have not heard if anyone wants to drop their turn having hear the majority of the kit already, but you may see this leg of the tour move quicker as the H8P is new, but we have heard the others. We are all local as well eliminating mail time.

No problem. Just checking in that's all. I'm happy to wait in line. 

May 13, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #407 of 533
I strongly disagree with Barra's request that 5 people should be pm'd.   I think those that signed up are horribly irresponsible to not timely respond and  the burden should not be on whoever has the demo.  

I received an email from headfi in my gmail from the member who was going to pass them onto me and I promptly responded.   I did not let my petty life circumstances get in the way of me reading the email or responding promptly, meaning within 10 minutes.   I made a committment to ask to be on the list and respond promptly out of respect for the tour.

I suggest that Barra, not the demo holder, send a mass email to remaining waiters and tell them if they don't respond within 12hrs then they have lost their opportunity and Barra should make a new list of serious members who read their main email and are committed to responding to the person who has the demo and is going to the trouble to contact them. 

May 13, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #409 of 533
  I strongly disagree with Barra's request that 5 people should be pm'd.   I think those that signed up are horribly irresponsible to not timely respond and  the burden should not be on whoever has the demo.  

I received an email from headfi in my gmail from the member who was going to pass them onto me and I promptly responded.   I did not let my petty life circumstances get in the way of me reading the email or responding promptly, meaning within 10 minutes.   I made a committment to ask to be on the list and respond promptly out of respect for the tour.

I suggest that Barra, not the demo holder, send a mass email to remaining waiters and tell them if they don't respond within 12hrs then they have lost their opportunity and Barra should make a new list of serious members who read their main email and are committed to responding to the person who has the demo and is going to the trouble to contact them. 

This tour has been going since 11/15 so it is over 6 months old now - that is a long time to wait for a turn. So if people have forgotten that their turn is coming up, I can be forgiving. However, there will be a point when people will get moved to the end of the tour for non-responsiveness - but this is a fairly new issue and has not happened yet, with the exception of certain self-requests. In addition, as an active Head-Fi member, there has been multiple times that my own Head-Fi notification has broken, and I have had to turn it back on to get notification emails. If I wasn't as active, it may take a while to figure that out if ever.

As an ongoing tour without an imposed end point - that continues to add new participants on a regular basis - I am not too worried about ejecting participants for temporary unresponsiveness. There are many reasons that this may happen, and many have contacted me in advance. Some warned that they will be out of country for extended periods at multiple times over the tour where they would become unresponsive. Some are students that have become unresponsive during intense school workloads or finals. For all those reasons and more, I have been lenient.

The request to PM five participants was intended to save the holding member time as it is very easy to add 5 user names to a PM in comparison to sending 5 PMs over 5 days. However, participants are free to handle it as they wish as long as they have shipped the kit to the next participant on the 8th day.

May 14, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #410 of 533
Guys,

I still want to be on the list, apologies for any delays.  I will be out of the country for a month and will return 6/30.  It took so long for the list to move on I forgot my place! sorry!

Ike

May 14, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #411 of 533
  I will pass the tour package along to whoever is next ready for it...as it turns out, this works out great for me as i would

be in europe in june when my turn was supposed to come up...so now, i get to experience this before i leave...

Thanks soundbear

Hey peareye, Given the length of this tour, some of the participants have started tuning out so it may take some prompting to let them know their turn is coming up. Please go back to the original order for fairness to the participants that have been waiting starting with #15. However, it may make sense at this point to PM the next 5 to save time to warn them their turn is coming up and ship to the one that replies that is earliest on the list. That way, they will also be warned prior to their turn as well.

I will! Thanks

Guys,

I still want to be on the list, apologies for any delays.  I will be out of the country for a month and will return 6/30.  It took so long for the list to move on I forgot my place! sorry!

Ike

Hey peareye, can you send the kit to iKE1985 next?

May 20, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #413 of 533

Hey peareye, can you send the kit to iKE1985 next?

Sure can....i haven't received it yet....

please send mailing info.

Ops, just reread ike1985's reply and he is out of the country until 6/30 so we will move him down a few spots. I am looking for the next few people ready on the East Coast tour to move this tour forward. Will be PMing the next few in line, but feel free to speak up if you want to be moved up the list in case people have tuned out. Everyone remaining has been waiting over 6 months.

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #416 of 533
Sorry Guys/Gals, we had some shipping delays on both tours, but we are moving once again. I hope to see more impressions up soon.

I just received the West Coast tour kit and Carlsan just received the East Coast kit.

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #417 of 533
  Guys,

Ike

Hey Ike, I moved you down the list a ways to align with your return.

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #418 of 533
I have the say, I only had a short time with the H8P before shipping them off to the tour, but getting them back and now that it is my turn - they sound as great as I remembered. I am really enjoying the different way they present my library of music. I again insist that they are mids focused with a very intoxicating sound quality to them that draw you into the music. The highs are very integrated and smooth while being extraordinarily detailed. The bass is of very high quality, but feels subdued in quantity to bring the mids into center focus. The notes are very textured and lush allowing you to feel the pluck of guitar strings. The imaging is outstanding with intense layering allowing you to find new things in the music that you didn't hear before.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #419 of 533
  I have the say, I only had a short time with the H8P before shipping them off to the tour, but getting them back and now that it is my turn - they sound as great as I remembered. I am really enjoying the different way they present my library of music. I again insist that they are mids focused with a very intoxicating sound quality to them that draw you into the music. The highs are very integrated and smooth while being extraordinarily detailed. The bass is of very high quality, but feels subdued in quantity to bring the mids into center focus. The notes are very textured and lush allowing you to feel the pluck of guitar strings. The imaging is outstanding with intense layering allowing you to find new things in the music that you didn't hear before.

After having the H8P's for a couple of days I have to agree with everything Barra has said. I should state that I am getting a perfect seal using spinfit ear tips with the demos. Also I am using a AK120II as the source.

These are the type of earphones that make you just want to continue to listen to music, they really are the enjoyment king of earphones. They are smooth yet detailed, bass sounds perfect to my ears, mids are upfront,  highs never harsh but with nice extension. Cymbals sound good, female vocals sound great. I was using them at work, and I felt as if I had been transported into the peaceful bliss of listening pleasure.

These are right up there with my Noble K10u's and really not that far from my 1964|ADEL A12 (Universal), both of which are more expensive. I'll try to write up a comparison when I get some time.

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #420 of 533
After having the H8P's for a couple of days I have to agree with everything Barra has said. I should state that I am getting a perfect seal using spinfit ear tips with the demos. Also I am using a AK120II as the source.

These are the type of earphones that make you just want to continue to listen to music, they really are the enjoyment king of earphones. They are smooth yet detailed, bass sounds perfect to my ears, mids are upfront,  highs never harsh but with nice extension. Cymbals sound good, female vocals sound great. I was using them at work, and I felt as if I had been transported into the peaceful bliss of listening pleasure.

These are right up there with my Noble K10u's and really not that far from my 1964|ADEL A12 (Universal), both of which are more expensive. I'll try to write up a comparison when I get some time.

I imagine the K10u are warmer than H8P. How does the A12 compare sound sig wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back