TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro
Jan 8, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #166 of 533
Sorry guys, not trying to stir the pot. Just want to make sure all is legit.

Speaking of legit, this Harmony Pro8 is the best IEM I have ever had in my ears. It's everything all in one. Please not I have very little experience with high end custom stuff (my profile lists all of my gear). Still, the seperation and resolution across the entire frequency range is pretty spectacular.

I have 2 amps connected to my laptop. One is my FIIO E18 DAC/AMP running 24 bit, 96000 Hz (which I mostly use for IEMs) and a Bravo Audio Ocean 12AU7 tube amp (which I mostly use for full size headphnes) running 24 bit, 192000 Hz. I was jamming the Pro8 through the e18, and noticing that they do need a little extra power, tried them with the Bravo. That little bit of warmth combined with the resolution is astounding! I think I'm in love lol

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #168 of 533

#2 There is red foam (appears to be a dampening material?) in the hozzles of the pro 330v2. Is this supposed to be like this? The main reason I ask is because I don't see it in the hozzle of the music one or music two.

YES! Please do not try to remove it!

For cables I think I sent one with black and one with clear cable, both cables are the same in terms of built, quality and sound. And the one with black cable had black transp. filling IIRC.

I'm happy that you like H8P so much @Hisoundfi :)

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #169 of 533
  YES! Please do not try to remove it!

For cables I think I sent one with black and one with clear cable, both cables are the same in terms of built, quality and sound. And the one with black cable had black transp. filling IIRC.

I'm happy that you like H8P so much @Hisoundfi :)

I really like all of them Peter!

The wife is a little mad at the moment. I spent a majority of the night listening to all four models, lol...

Guys, getting a seal with these universal demos is tough, but achieving it makes all the difference in the world. A "pretty good" seal as compared to a complete seal makes all the difference in the world. I did some further tip rolling to achieve a complete seal and snug fit. I will show some ideas I came up with when posting further impressions.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #170 of 533
Can't believe you got the East Coast kit before I got the West Coast kit @Hisoundfi
blink.gif

In your face! (and in my ears, muahahahahahahaha!)

JK friend...

I'm blessed

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #172 of 533
Even tho I'm over 50 and my generation never used this expression, I'm "totally stoked" to get the demo set here on the East Coast!!!(thanks Barra for putting me on the list!!!
dt880smile.png
.   After reading Barra's and Alpha421's reviews and having quite awesome convos with Piotrus(which I am very grateful for his time
bigsmile_face.gif
), I'm looking forward to hearing what appears to be my signature, "musical, holistic, vocally centered, borderline analytical(not too warm), soft silicone customs!!

I did notice that the pricing is awesome for people on budgets for the Music and Pro series, which shows Piotrus's compassion and understanding for some "less financially fortunate" headfiers.   Just curious though, its a biggggg jump to the Harmony series, like $500 to over $1000, and wondering if there is a Harmony 6 in the works?????

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #173 of 533
  Even tho I'm over 50 and my generation never used this expression, I'm "totally stoked" to get the demo set here on the East Coast!!!(thanks Barra for putting me on the list!!!
dt880smile.png
.   After reading Barra's and Alpha421's reviews and having quite awesome convos with Piotrus(which I am very grateful for his time
bigsmile_face.gif
), I'm looking forward to hearing what appears to be my signature, "musical, holistic, vocally centered, borderline analytical(not too warm), soft silicone customs!!

:)
I did notice that the pricing is awesome for people on budgets for the Music and Pro series, which shows Piotrus's compassion and understanding for some "less financially fortunate" headfiers.  

Yes, that's basically the aim with Music One, ok, it's not the cheapest single-ba IEM on the market, but its price is very considerable to people previously uninterested in cIEMs because of price vs performance ratio. I'm really happy that I achieved that.
 Just curious though, its a biggggg jump to the Harmony series, like $500 to over $1000, and wondering if there is a Harmony 6 in the works?????

Yes and No. There are no plans for H6 and gap is there to maybe fill it in some day with something (be it Music, Pro or Harmony series model) between Pro330 and H8
I'm not in favor (anymore) of this strategy where you go up by one driver and slight bump in price. It doesn't make much sense and is also confusing from customers' side.

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #174 of 533
Listening to these IEMs again today...

I am blown away by the performance of the Music One. It is armature speed and accuracy with dynamic tuning. It is balanced and easy to listen to for hours and hours without fatigue. Kudos to @piotrus-g for making a single BA sound this good. I didn't think it was possible. Honestly, I thought this would be the one model I would spend the least time with. I kind of laughed at the idea that a single BA would warrant a custom mold and be sold for over $200. Listening to this Music One, I couldn't have been more ignorant in my thinking. I'm jamming the Harmony pro8 the most, but so far the one I prefer second most is the Music One (not said to take away from the Music 2 or Pro 330v2 as those are really good as well). 

I am writing notes as I listen and will be posting a review and comparison on all 4.

Special note for those yet to review these demo units: Be sure to use each IEM with different impedance sources if you can. Doing so changes the signature of these considerably.

Cheers

Jan 12, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #175 of 533

I am blown away by the performance of the Music One. It is armature speed and accuracy with dynamic tuning. It is balanced and easy to listen to for hours and hours without fatigue. Kudos to @piotrus-g for making a single BA sound this good. I didn't think it was possible. Honestly, I thought this would be the one model I would spend the least time with. I kind of laughed at the idea that a single BA would warrant a custom mold and be sold for over $200. Listening to this Music One, I couldn't have been more ignorant in my thinking. I'm jamming the Harmony pro8 the most, but so far the one I prefer second most is the Music One (not said to take away from the Music 2 or Pro 330v2 as those are really good as well). 

I am writing notes as I listen and will be posting a review and comparison on all 4.

Special note for those yet to review these demo units: Be sure to use each IEM with different impedance sources if you can. Doing so changes the signature of these considerably.

Cheers

And this is my problem currently, right now I only have an iphone 5 and a MacBook pro.  I have no amp.  I'm thinking the Macbookpro will be better.

Jan 12, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #176 of 533

Cheers

Hehe! That's really nice to hear. Thank you!

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #177 of 533
Just added two more late comers to the tour. Due to the first half of the West Coast tour missing the H8P on the first cycle, the full tour kit returns to the beginning to finish the tour making it a much longer list, so new participants will be added to the end of the East Coast tour for the time being to be fair and expedient.

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #178 of 533
I live in Trenton, NJ (central NJ), would like to be included in the tour and agree to the terms of the tour.
thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back