TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro
Jan 21, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #196 of 533
@nmatheis I had to ditch the foam tips (although recommended) fairly quickly in my review because I honestly couldn't get a seal with them. After some extensive tip rolling I found a pair of dual flanged VSD3s tips that worked, and did a rig up job by using a thin bored silicone tip rolled backwards with a wide bore tip going over the top of that.

I agree with your rankings for the three lesser models. The music two rocks. I miss it already lol.

Read previous notes by Barra about the Harmony 8 pro. He mentioned some stuff about resolving issues with the port for bass being blocked. If I remember correctly the Harmony 8 pro had bass almost on par in terms of quantity as the Music 2 but with better texture, balance and speed IIRC.

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #198 of 533
Ok, so I've given all of these a listen now. I listened to alternative, classical, classic rock, electronic, metal, and progressive rock using my Fiio X5 as the source.

Out of the three lower priced models, I personally like M2 > M1 > 330P.

To my ears, all share a clear, crisp sound signature with varying degree of bass extension and mid presence. I'm getting a bit of sibilance with all three with foams and silicon ear tips.

M1 sounds really good with rock music. Drums sound punchy. Guitars have crunch and bite. Cymbals are crisp. Vocals sound natural. Overall, head are a good all-rounder for someone who listens to music with acoustic or amplified instruments. Personally, I'd like more bass extension for electronic music, though.

And that's where M2 comes in. It takes the M2 sound signature and brings the bass. If I had to choose between the three lower priced CIEM, it would be M2 without a question. It's a good all-rounder for all types of music I listened to.

Not a big fan of the 330P, though. Seems like it took the M1 sound up a notch in the high end to my ears, which made it more analytical and fatiguing. I found this one was the worst offender for exaggerating sibilance.

I'm still wrapping my head around the H8P and will update later. At first listen, the soundstage sounded distant and (for lack of a better word) "diluted". This is more prominent in some some tracks, but I haven't nailed down a pattern yet. I've listened to a few other mid to high end demo CIEM (1964EARS & Heir), and the soundstage is interpreted differently with H8P than the others I've listened to. I'm getting accustomed to their interpretation of soundstage as I listen, but it's not quite gelling with me yet. I'm also not getting as much bass with H8O as compared with the M2 out of my X5. I think I might need to try amping them and will try them with my Cayin C5 and E12 DIY with HA5002 + OPA627 tomorrow.

Hey,

Thanks for impressions, is your set the one with purple/clear Pro330? it has no damping in the tube (compared to silver demo)  so it will be a bit picky on upper highs,
Orange foamies, have silicone core and they (when pushed really deep inside the ear - roll them like comply before inserting) will give you 30dB isolation and should go past the second bend of ear canal making sound very custom-like

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #201 of 533
Did you get sibilance from 330? 

Hey,

Thanks for impressions, is your set the one with purple/clear Pro330? it has no damping in the tube (compared to silver demo)  so it will be a bit picky on upper highs,
Orange foamies, have silicone core and they (when pushed really deep inside the ear - roll them like comply before inserting) will give you 30dB isolation and should go past the second bend of ear canal making sound very custom-like

Yes to both questions. To my ears, Clear/Purple 330P are worst offenders for sibilance with either clear silicon biflanges and orange foamies (rolled and shoved in as deep as I can).

Hisoundfi: I'll check back on Barra's post about blocked bass port. H8P bass seemed more on M1 level across various tracks I've got "favorited" on my X5 for testing new HP/IEM.

On another note, the silicon shells are soooo confortable! Wow, just wow!!! Really, really like the matte finish on the blue M2 - great look & feel.

Also like the black cable on M1 - less memory than the clear cable on M2 & 330P + over ear section seems thinner & more pliable.

Wish there was more of that thin cable after the y-splitter, though. Had the cable running under my chin instead of behind my head - y-splitter was just under my chin and I'm average height. Don't imagine bigger -taller folks could wear these under chin without feeling like they're wearing a choker.

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #204 of 533
Yes to both questions. To my ears, Clear/Purple 330P are worst offenders for sibilance with either clear silicon biflanges and orange foamies (rolled and shoved in as deep as I can).

Hisoundfi: I'll check back on Barra's post about blocked bass port. H8P bass seemed more on M1 level across various tracks I've got "favorited" on my X5 for testing new HP/IEM.

On another note, the silicon shells are soooo confortable! Wow, just wow!!! Really, really like the matte finish on the blue M2 - great look & feel.

Also like the black cable on M1 - less memory than the clear cable on M2 & 330P + over ear section seems thinner & more pliable.

Wish there was more of that thin cable after the y-splitter, though. Had the cable running under my chin instead of behind my head - y-splitter was just under my chin and I'm average height. Don't imagine bigger -taller folks could wear these under chin without feeling like they're wearing a choker.

Well, as I mentioned before, custom version of pro330v2 does not have sibilance. I see that there is a dramatic difference with tips being used on demo. Even Mentor or 1p2 tends to be sibilant, but pro330 is really smooth in upper mids area, custom version at least.

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #207 of 533
Yes, those. They look like miniature "adult toys", lol
wink_face.gif

Try them they are quite easy to insert and fill out canal good
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back