TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Trio and 12t >>> Starting March 2018
Apr 2, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #61 of 286
@ericr I will send Eric the tour package leaving Wednesday 4-4-2018 from Anthem AZ via Fed Ex.

I am a relative novice but love my IEM's (W5's) purchase several years ago so listening to the U12t's and the TRIO was a real treat - I shared the listening with my granddaughter a senior college student who has 64's A3's - also a treat for her as an upgraded listening experience (though she has thoroughly enjoyed the A3's). The descriptions by barra and 64 Audio were accurate and hard to embellish on, so I will give my layman's view. I favor the 12t's for the music I listen to the most (Rock - I am 76years old - and some more modern music introduced to me by my granddaughter not to mention some classics) I like a clear, but not over bearing base. I also enjoyed changing out the plugs and find that I have a wider range of music that I enjoy that is serviced by changing out the plugs. The Trio does have it's attraction though and I am sure I heard instruments in the songs I used for the demo that I did not hear with the 12t's. The Trio has a clear cleaner sound which has it's attractions. Wish I had the extra coin to buy both. - I am becoming a 64Audio fan.

Bill

Apr 8, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #64 of 286
This is pretty exciting for me as I'm so new to personal audio. I only own a pair of Noble Savants UIEM a pair of CIEM EE Phantom's and a pair of Bravado's for my wife. I really liked what I heard of the Trio's in NYC, so this will be cool to have a pair on my high end 2 channel system as they show up every wart as well as sharing all the goodness of anything I hook up to it. Should be a blast. thanks again guys.

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #65 of 286
This is pretty exciting for me as I'm so new to personal audio. I only own a pair of Noble Savants UIEM a pair of CIEM EE Phantom's and a pair of Bravado's for my wife. I really liked what I heard of the Trio's in NYC, so this will be cool to have a pair on my high end 2 channel system as they show up every wart as well as sharing all the goodness of anything I hook up to it. Should be a blast. thanks again guys.
Listening to both the 12t and trio for a week now, these are really great CIEMs that are well worth the listen. Again, they are in that rarified space that the 18/fourte sit.

Apr 16, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #72 of 286
I believe @Barra is in the process of writing up some changes for this tour and future tours. Unfortunately there have been way too many thefts from his tours. I wasn't sure if he had start the ball rolling on the changes or not but he apparently has.

There has been more than 1 confirmed theft?

Apr 16, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #74 of 286
Pretty sure @ljnew has absconded with the 2nd Forte/U18T set. So there's only one left in the tour...

Barra should have the guys address or at least someone's that can be connected to him(would reveal where he is). With this information and a little digging they should be able to figure out who the guy is, even if he used a fake name. At that point I'd think a calculus would be done to determine if action should be taken, at a minimum a stolen goods claim should be filed with the police. That's a significant theft in $$'s. I would think if the IP address associated with Head-fi is associated with the location the item was shipped, it would be safe to assume that's a real IP address and from there it would be easy to find out who this individual is(assuming we don't know). Criminals are often dumb, just sayin.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #75 of 286
Barra should have the guys address or at least someone that can be connected to him address. With this information they should be able to figure out who the guy is, even if he used a fake name. At that point I'd think a calculus would be done to determine if action should be taken, at a minimum a stolen goods claim should be filed with the police.
Barra is working on the course of action for the actual theft, and working on implementing changes for the current and future tours. Unfortunately, I think the issue is too much trust has been placed in people being honest. Granted the majority of us are good and wouldn't dream of stealing a tour kit, but there are those obviously that are the few bad apples.

However those of us that want to continue are going to have to endure the tightened security measures from here out.

Barra will post more about this later once he's made his mind up on what exactly the extra security is going to entail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back