TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Trio and 12t >>> Starting March 2018
Mar 23, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #46 of 286
Post 4 tour list updated again just now. We are now down to just 5 missing contact emails - @bvng3540 , @fuhransahis , @hattrick15 , @Jearly410 , and @SilverEars . I will give them a few more days to email and for anyone else to join in the logistical friendly portion of the tour and launch no later than the end of this upcoming week. Anyone signing up after that will be first come first serve.

Mar 25, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #48 of 286
I would love to participate in this tour and agree to the terms and conditions. I'm from Yeagertown PA.

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #49 of 286
@Barra is the a12t with the m15 module closer to neutral?
Absolutely, the a12t is very much like my 18 and hits very hard down low when called for with no bass when the song has no bass. The M15 is closer to neutral, but still north of neutral in bass. I am preferring the M20 right now enjoying how well it does quality bass in songs that call for quantity.

However, let me say this.... neutral is many things to many people so it is best to define the term when used. To me neutral means that all instruments are on the same soundstage and sized properly which is where both the 12t and 18 shine. Better yet, the positioning is front row or on stage providing intense detail with full naturally sized actors. Best of all, it is very rich and textured providing a natural 3D sound quality. North of neutral in the 12 just means that you are not held down by the other instruments in producing sound and that it can scale larger when called for without stepping on the others. The 12 is like a more fun 18. The 18 just has more space between the instruments for better positioning. But the 12 would still beat most other TOTL CIEMs at positioning so don't think of it as a weakness. Think HD800 vs. HD800s and pick your flavor.

Mar 26, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #51 of 286
Quick Initial Impressions
WOW! and WOW!............................. the end.

No, just kidding. These are fresh out of the box, and early impressions, but I am greatly enjoying both of these new CIEMs. So please continue taking your time emailing the required contact info so I can continue enjoying these truly remarkable products....... kinda kiddin. :hushed:

• Trio: The Fourte' has some competition in the Trio. I have not heard these two IEMs side by side, but the Trio sounds like what I remember of the Fourte', but with better bass. While the Fourte' is truly an incredible product that I still druel over, and likely has better mids with the extra tia driver, I was hoping for more boom from the dynamic driver. The Trio delivers in spades. At a distance, I don't feel like I am missing anything by going for the Trio over the Fourte' - although I would likely hear different in an A/B scenario. So it is likely to come down to going for better bass or better mids in making a decision. Think of the Trio being a warmer Fourte'. BTW, yes I am a little bit of a closet bass junky - but the Trio handles it in an audiophile sort of way. If only 64 Audio would offer a custom version of these two that would properly fit my weird inner ear.
  • 12t: Having been a long fan of @ericr 's original U12, I can clearly say that this is a large step up in clarity and bass response while retaining and possibly improving on it's incredibly large/wide soundstage. In fact, it sounds closer to my A18 than the old U12. Again, think of the 12t as being a warmer 18. The clarity is outstanding adding a lot more detail compared to the U12. Where I am really having fun is with the bass. I have moved to the M20 for that extra boom, and boy did it deliver. Definitely north of neutral, but boy is it fun. However, like the Trio, it delivers this large heaping spoonful of bass in a very audiophile sort of way. These are as far away from being a fart cannon as they can be. While the signature feels very balanced across most of the spectrum not sacrificing anything for this extra serving of bass, it manages to sound great across genres. This is not an EDM only CIEM, instrumentals and rock sound great as well. Having received my A12t, I have a full review coming up on this one where I will expand these impressions considerably...... stay tuned.

Fart cannon needs to be added to the official review vernacular if there is such a thing.

Mar 26, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #53 of 286
Fart cannon needs to be added to the official review vernacular if there is such a thing.

Many different types actually:
despicable-me-minions-minions-fart-gun-air-cannon-roleplay-toy-tech4kids-pre-order-20__51260.1461376942.jpg

UCC7ED8.jpg

behold-the-fart-cannon-124956.gif

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #56 of 286
Hey Barra,

I live in New York, NY and would like to participate. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Thx.

Mar 31, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #58 of 286
Hi Barra. I live In Berlin CT and would like to participate. Thanks so much for consideration. I agree to the terms of the tour.

Mar 31, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #59 of 286
Tour Update - Closing Logistically Friendly Signups, Kicking off Monday
The initial signup process is closing today for the logistically friendly portion of our tour - All new requests going forward will be added to the late comer's list to be added to the end of the tour.
Those that have not emailed the requisite contact info and ID photo by Sunday noon PST will be downgraded to the late comer's list or dropped if they don't respond within the next week.

Apr 2, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #60 of 286
Officially Launched
We are now officially launched and the logistics are up in post 3. I have the East Coast tour kit and @barrasr has the West Coast tour kit. We are both reaching out to the next participant to ship out in the next couple of days. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back