TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Trio and 12t >>> Starting March 2018
Apr 16, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #76 of 286
Really stinks! Hope they find the person!

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #77 of 286
My recommendation is a deposit of 50% the value of the kit, I know it expensive, but if you can’t afford it, you can’t join, once the kit is send to the next person and that person received it, you get your deposit back

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #78 of 286
My recommendation is a deposit of 50% the value of the kit, I know it expensive, but if you can’t afford it, you can’t join, once the kit is send to the next person and that person received it, you get your deposit back

That eliminates too many from the pool, there are other ways than paying cash for high end gear.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #79 of 286
That eliminates too many from the pool, there are other ways than paying cash for high end gear.
If you know any other way other then cash we all ears, i m not trying to be selfish but that the safest way to go, some place loan out their IEM and that they required 100% deposit, just like someone has said, most of US here are honest but we will have one rotten apple some where in that basket

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #80 of 286
Both times I’ve demo’d 64 audio products I’ve gone directly through them. You pay for shipping and keep a card on file. It’s been very easy and simple. I feel like that is the way it should be for these expensive IEMs since apparently people are thieves.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #81 of 286
If you know any other way other then cash we all ears, i m not trying to be selfish but that the safest way to go, some place loan out their IEM and that they required 100% deposit, just like someone has said, most of US here are honest but we will have one rotten apple some where in that basket

I'm working with Barra to implement a security protocol that will hopefully minimize the risk and allow as many prospective buyers/reviewers as possible. Everyone will be updated soon.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #82 of 286
Las Vegas, NV - I agree to the terms of the tour. I know I'm late to the party, but still hope to be a part of it.
Added, but there will be a renewed discussion on security given recent events in the 18/Fourte' tour.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #83 of 286
Both times I’ve demo’d 64 audio products I’ve gone directly through them. You pay for shipping and keep a card on file. It’s been very easy and simple. I feel like that is the way it should be for these expensive IEMs since apparently people are thieves.
Yes that should be the ONLY way to go
We have @Barra, he put out his free time and energy to give Us the opportunity to try IEM and now we have people taking advantage of this and stole them

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #84 of 286
Tour on Hold - Updating Security
Sorry people, but due to recent events on the 18/Fourte' tour as well as other tours, I can no longer host events on a trust basis. There has proven to be too many criminals in our HeadFi crowd and we have been burnt too many times. I will ask for help in a subsequent post. Criminal action will be taken for any stolen kits. Any help tracking these kits down will be immensely appreciated.

Even the good people within our community have been negligent in their responsibilities making it difficult for everyone to track progress. At a minimum, everyone in my tours should be able and willing to post receipt and shipping input into the thread for everyone to follow the progression of the tour - but this isn't happening. Going forward, participants that fail to comply with their agreed responsibilities will be blacklisted from future tours. These valuable kits are the property of our gracious host manufacturers and the tours should be handled with respect and tour members should be communicative to support confidence.

To improve the security on my tours, I have engaged Mike (@BulldogXTRM ) who happens to be a supervising digital police detective to assist in the tours going forward and to help define the revised security requirements. I know that everyone on this tour has already provided me with enhanced contact information, but there will likely be some revisions coming soon focused on verification of ID, address, and phone.

Please hold tight, the updated security requirements are coming soon. 64 Audio has already agreed to give us one final chance so let's not blow this one. If we hit any more criminal issues, I may have to stop providing tours altogether or at least go to a select list of friends that I know only that will exclude most headfiers.

Apr 16, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #85 of 286
Tour on Hold - Updating Security
Sorry people, but due to recent events on the 18/Fourte' tour as well as other tours, I can no longer host events on a trust basis. There has proven to be too many criminals in our HeadFi crowd and we have been burnt too many times. I will ask for help in a subsequent post. Criminal action will be taken for any stolen kits. Any help tracking these kits down will be immensely appreciated.

Even the good people within our community have been negligent in their responsibilities making it difficult for everyone to track progress. At a minimum, everyone in my tours should be able and willing to post receipt and shipping input into the thread for everyone to follow the progression of the tour - but this isn't happening. Going forward, participants that fail to comply with their agreed responsibilities will be blacklisted from future tours. These valuable kits are the property of our gracious host manufacturers and the tours should be handled with respect and tour members should be communicative to support confidence.

To improve the security on my tours, I have engaged Mike (@BulldogXTRM ) who happens to be a supervising digital police detective to assist in the tours going forward and to help define the revised security requirements. I know that everyone on this tour has already provided me with enhanced contact information, but there will likely be some revisions coming soon focused on verification of ID, address, and phone.

Please hold tight, the updated security requirements are coming soon. 64 Audio has already agreed to give us one final chance so let's not blow this one. If we hit any more criminal issues, I may have to stop providing tours altogether or at least go to a select list of friends that I know only that will exclude most headfiers.

I think you are being more than fair, and we do appreciate the update. Hang in there, you do a fabulous job with the tours and a “thanks,” is WAY to insufficient. But we thank you wholeheartedly.

Apr 16, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #86 of 286
Really unbelievable-if there is a way to do it with credit cards, that sounds like a good option, so you don't have to pull out $2-3k to be on the tour, but the company doesn't have to be at risk for it either.
But, whatever you think is appropriate, fine on my end.

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #87 of 286
Please Help Track Down These Criminals
Below is a list of HeadFiers that have stolen a tour kit and disappeared. Some are still seen on HeadFi, but refuse to answer my PMs. All were offered participation on a trust basis due to significant to reasonable HeadFi activity. These individuals are the reasons that I may stop hosting any tours in the future. Please help me locate and recover these kits. Any insight or contact info would be greatly appreciated. The more information that I can provide for a police report, the better the chance for recovery. Knowing where they work is the best actionable insight we can have to recover the kits.
  • @ljnew - Nell James or James Nell (Stolen 18/Fourte' Kit): Received stolen kit on Friday 3/23/18 after hounding @Land-O-The-Free for an estimated receipt date. It was shipped to: 3236 N Nagle Ave, Chicago, IL 60634. He remained on HeadFi until 3/31 ignoring my PMs for a kit update. We need a phone number and or email, facebook username, or better yet, a workplace where we can contact him or his boss.
  • @datranz - Nick Tran (Stolen AAW Kit): Nick received one of two AAW tour kits in October 2017 at the address of 11045 white ash, Fontana, ca 92337. He stopped communicating and never posted receipt. As he remained active on HeadFi, I was able to track him down in Februrary 2018 through a PM where he claimed that he shipped to @GTecX . I then introduced him to @GTecX who said had never received anything from him so I asked him for tracking info to locate the kit. Nick then began ignoring my requests for a tracking number and has since disapeared from HeadFi after 3/7/18 which I take as an admission of guilt. Please help me track Nick down. His parents contact info or a work phone number would be very helpful in recovering this kit.
We have had a good run without incident for almost two years, but bad influences within HeadFi have sprung up fall of last year and threaten the continuation of these tours. These types of people are a plague on society and the reason we are losing our freedoms and privileges. Please help me find justice for our HeadFi friends that have entrusted us with these valuable tour kits.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #89 of 286
I'm sooo sorry to hear this. it's such a shame that things like this happen,, but this is still a microcosm of society. I'm sure that those of us who just want to audition anyone's IEM's will give you whatever info you want, need as well as to take phone calls if needed etc... I am fairly new to this personal audio community, but have come close friends with many. I have made good friends already with many of the posters and call Nic my mentor adn friend. I was a bit shocked to hear about these criminal acts and I pray that you can track them down and have them prosecuted. Most criminal are not as smart as they think they are.

In the 2 channel world, we aren't able to have tours for size reasons etc..., so this is new to me. BTW, nice Maggies you have :wink:.... I'm a Vandersteen Quatro guy, but love the maggies when padded with a resistor or two and the right amps.

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #90 of 286
Come on head-fi members let do our part to HUNT down these thieves, especially the members that join all the tour that @Barra has

Doing my best, I don't have law enforcement resources. IMO best place to start is with IP addresses, doubt they were sophiaticatesd enough to use VPN(head-fi has this information). If the IP address is associated with the real address, that's rock solid evidence. From there get information of owner of IP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back