Toronto Winter/Spring Meet
Jun 20, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #214 of 250
Does anyone want to hear a DNA Sonett? I may be lazy and bring my laptop, DAC and Mad Dogs only. I want to hear a few amps there :)

But if there's interest, I'll pack it up.

And I may only be staying a few hours.

Jun 21, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #218 of 250
I won't be coming after all. Have a great time guys! Until next time :wink:

Jun 21, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #219 of 250
I just noticed this now. Too bad this is not taking place one week later. I will be coming back to Toronto this Friday for the summer and I have never been to a meet before.

I am seriously considering the LCD-XC as a closed headphone to complement my HD 800. If I come across a deal during my summer in Toronto, I would like to bring one home with me. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should go to check it out?

I am also looking for a TOTL amp (open to SS or Tube) to match with the HD 800 and the potential LCD-XC. I would consider getting it during my visit but I guess I would have a problem with the voltage, which is 220v in Hong Kong.

Thanks for any tips.

Jun 21, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #221 of 250
I just noticed this now. Too bad this is not taking place one week later. I will be coming back to Toronto this Friday for the summer and I have never been to a meet before.

I am seriously considering the LCD-XC as a closed headphone to complement my HD 800. If I come across a deal during my summer in Toronto, I would like to bring one home with me. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should go to check it out?

I am also looking for a TOTL amp (open to SS or Tube) to match with the HD 800 and the potential LCD-XC. I would consider getting it during my visit but I guess I would have a problem with the voltage, which is 220v in Hong Kong.

Thanks for any tips.

Happy Father's Day. Have fun and hope to catch you guys next time.

Headfone shop and bay bloor are 2 places you can audition the XC.

Jun 21, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #225 of 250
Argh damn it's happening today? Should have been more vigilant in checking this thread..

Not sure if I can make it, but if I do, will bringing in HE1000 and modded HE560.

Really hope you can make it, i'm eyeing the HE560 as my next set of cans :) Oh, and an HE1000 is of course a welcome sight! I had a good 20min listening session at the Newport Audio Show last month and they were amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back