Toronto Winter/Spring Meet
Jun 21, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #226 of 250
Just a quick note for early birds, I'm a night owl, so please be kind and not show up before noon, I'll still be setting things up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Not a problem-first time I won't be amongst the first arriving.  I'll be leaving shortly and will see y'all around 1:30.

Jun 21, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #232 of 250
Awesome time! Post the initiation photos of the Jenkins!

Love ya Pasha - but looks like the Scotch is taking it's toll  - you did mean "Jecklins" I hope.
Fantabulous meet - I thoroughly enjoyed having the time to get around and talk to everyone AND get some quality listening time, especially with the new HE-1000's - excellent planar magnetic from the same manufacturer of my electrostatic Jade from some time ago.  But for 3k, I may have to entertain the SR-009 first.   Loved your McIntosh Mark!

Jun 21, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #233 of 250
Good news, found the HF5`s in the car.

Thanks for letting us know - I was initially concerned, but not to worry - Head-Fiers are an honest (and fun) bunch of audiophiles.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #236 of 250
I had a great time guys. And thanks again to Pavel for setting this up

A few really good setups. The bottle head crack is a great amp, the he560s are great. Didn't expect to see the Mckintosh and that thing is just beautiful, worth the money just to look at it.

Loved seeing the HP1000s again, the k1000s, and the mountains of iems.

Damn it. Seems like I loved everything. That's why I'm broke.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #237 of 250
Thank you so much Pavel for hosting this again!  Much appreciated! Great gear, great people and a good time overall.
Apologies for my state. Scotch on an empty stomach and being overtired do not mix.  Thanks all for your caring and concern.

On another note, I really, really liked the A&K IEMs.  I've always had lower end IEMs and was duly impressed and how great an experience the A&Ks were, right up there with a great headphone. I have a new found respect for higher end IEMSs.

I didn't know what to expect with the HE1000 after reading the many reviews and comments on them. Wow, were they fun!! For me, it's like a richer, fuller and beefier HD800 with the fun factor added.  I had the HE560 which I found a little dry and went to the HE400i for the fun factor and overall listening enjoyment.  I have the HD800 for the technicalities and drivien by the McIntosh, they're all I want in a combo.  The HE1000 is now a definite consideration.  I have an issue with the price but we'll see what happens down the road.

When I got home, I laid back and listened to the HE400i/AK100 II combo for the rest of the night and really enjoyed it.  This is a great hobby where you really don't have to spend a fortune to get a realy good sounding system.  At the meet, the Vali proved that also.

Anyway, good to see you all! happy Listening!
M

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #238 of 250
Happy Father's Day. Have fun and hope to catch you guys next time.

Headfone shop and bay bloor are 2 places you can audition the XC.

Thanks cqti. Bay Bloor has certainly been there for a long time now. I remember my father getting a pair of Senn 414 or something like that about 35 years ago. I think I went into Headfone shop on my last visit about three years ago. It was on Yonge near to Sporting Life, if I am not mistaken.

Thanks again.

Sep 9, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #239 of 250
Torontonian here! Been a long time member, would love to go to local meets. Are there any upcoming meets in the works? Also planning to stop by headfoneshop this Friday, does anyone know if they have a stax setup for demo? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back