Toronto Winter 2014 Meet
Sep 22, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #16 of 118
Thanksgiving weekend won't work as it's uh, Thanksgiving :wink:

What about the weekend of the 4th? It'll be right before my birthday :wink:

Sep 22, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #19 of 118
Seems like there's a few that can do Thanksgiving day Sunday, and I'm kind of hoping the people who aren't as available are celebrating it on Monday, not Sunday. :)

Since we have about a 50/50 so far, I'm obviously torn. Personally, I would love to have a day off work after the meet so we can really kick back and enjoy ourselves, but I can be persuaded (clears throat, scotch) to host the following weekend on Sunday. The main reason for sticking to Sunday is that Saturday for me adds about $250 in costs, which I'm trying to avoid.

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #20 of 118
Thanksgiving weekend won't work as it's uh, Thanksgiving :wink:

What about the weekend of the 4th? It'll be right before my birthday :wink:

Same for me and I would love to celebrate Pat's birthday!

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #21 of 118
As for me, I am can show up on any of these dates. 

I'm interested in trying different sources. Is anyone plan to bring a CD player/transport?

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #25 of 118

LOL :)

You make a wonderful case for it! :D

I can check on Wednesday if I can book the room for the 5th of October :) As it's your birthday, would wine and cheese be fun for you, or do you have another preference? :)

Wine and cheese sound positively AWESOME, Pavel!

(Although if someone wants to bring whiskey, I don't have a problem with that LOL)

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #26 of 118
So like...

...am I the only chick? As usual? LOL LOLLLL

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #27 of 118
I just realized something.

Pavel, my trusty Devilsound DAC is only capable of delivering one channel :frowning2: Do you think if I brought it, you could take a quick look at it? It would save me from shipping it back to the US.

Sep 23, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #28 of 118
As for me, I am can show up on any of these dates. 

I'm interested in trying different sources. Is anyone plan to bring a CD player/transport?

I always bring a CD player/transport.

Thanksgiving weekend doesn't work for me.......how about the following weekend Mr Lovey Dovey?

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #29 of 118
Hey!

I saw this and made an account because I have been lurking for a while and when I saw this I was very interested in coming to a meet. I don't have any audio gear, well I do it is just low end stuff(HD439,VSD3). So I was wondering if I could come. If I could I probably come with a friend or come alone. Also just saying I have very minimal experience with audio gear mostly because I am young(16) and don't much money at all. 

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #30 of 118
The following weekend, Sunday the 19th would probably be best for me.
I can try for the 4th or 5th, but like many Thanksgiving weekend isn't good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back