Toronto / GTA Fall meet. November 15
Oct 15, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #48 of 97
I really liked the HE560 but it ended up being an HD800 Jr.  Similar sound signature but not as good so I sold them off to get the HE400i which a different enough and more fun/forgiving signature.  Truth is, I turn to the HD800 95% of the time so I'm thinking that I only need one great full sized headphone and one or two great IEMs {one for around the house and one for day to day travelling/communting}So, thinking of selling off the HE400i, Schiit Vali, Shure SE315, Westone W10 to fund a pair of Shure SE846.  That would leave me with the HD800, Shure SE535 and SE846 and be done with it. The Shurse SE535 is awesome on the McIntosh.  Go figure.  Any interesat on the sell of stuff, just PM me.

I hear that!  

I've had so many flag ship headphones and the HD800's (properly driven) just always come out on top....  Always.  Maybe I would prefer SR009's, but I would rather not find out.

The HD800's, to me, are the best headphones I've ever heard.  That's all versus what I've personally owned/lived with for a month or more: modded HE6's, Code-X's, LCD3F, Abyss & T1's.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #49 of 97
It has! The Ardbeg is only 60% there now. Couldn't resist enjoying a glass this week
smily_headphones1.gif

blink.gif

If the Ardbeg isn't there, why would I bother coming?!?

(I am totally kidding!)

(No, I'm not.)

(Okay, yes I am.)

ph34r.gif

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #54 of 97

I'd love to come to this mwet but also a noob and literally have a pair of m100s and that's it at the moment lol.

That said I'd be interested in your hifiman he400i and vali if you do decide to sell them :)

Oct 19, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #56 of 97
  We don't have any requirements for the equipment you have to bring.  The only requirement I want to set is to be nice =).  (and don't steal, hehe)

This hasn't been a problem in most meets if security is taken into account. Guest list at the security desk is a good start. As for the meet itself, that's just a matter of people being civil and noticing when something strange is going on. Personally, I've only had the obvious meet-related-theft/displacement happen - mini-1/4 adapters and such often move from desk to desk and area easily lost. It helps that I can be a very scary Russian guy if needed, have 15 years of martial arts experience, a year of special forces training in hand-to-hand as well as weapons work and have much scarier friends that are awesome people to chat with while listening to great music. :) Not to scare anyone, but as long as everyone is there to have fun, listen to great music, enjoy the atmosphere, check out the amazing equipment and generally have a good time, there is never an issue with mischief or people taking advantage of others.

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #57 of 97
  Hey guys. I am 90% sure I will be coming to this meet, so count me in Funkehed.
smily_headphones1.gif
The list of gear that I will be able to bring if my friend or somebody else will give me a ride to the meet, as I don't have a car unfortunately:

Headphones:

Sennheiser HD800 (stock)
Sennheiser HD600
AKG K612 Pro
Phillips Fidelio X2
Shure SRH1540
Audio Technica ATH-MSR7
NAD Viso HP50

Sources  and amps:

Fiio X5
Fiio X1
JDS Labs Objective 2
Fiio E12A

In case nobody will drive me to the meet, I will have to leave some of the gear at home... Let me know which stuff interests you the most and I will bring that. I know at least one person will be bringing the HD800 as well, so I suppose I won't need to bring mine... Anyone bringing any other gear on my list?

I'd definitely be interested in hearing the MSR7! I was very close to buying them but wanted to hear them first.
I have a pair of HD600, and I think others will be bringing theirs as well, so you probably don't need to brings yours. If I remember, I'll bring my balanced cable for them.

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #58 of 97
I'd like to meet with you guys, but I'm a newbie to audio gear and my collection pales in comparison to your impressive equipment.

Bring your stuff and come out anyway!
There's always room for entry level gear at these events!:D

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #60 of 97
Damn, damn, damn...been looking forward to joining a meet in the GTA...but off to florida for three weeks in Nov so can't make it (poor me). Im a year into this adventure (6 cans and 2 amp/DAC combos later and a ton of FLAC (ha) from my wife). Would love to share and hear others equipment. Keep me in mind for future meets!

Anyone going to TAVES? Vendors seem thin from what I've heard but I'll be attending my first on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back