Toronto / GTA Fall meet. November 15
Nov 11, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #77 of 97
I hate to add to the list of cancellations, but I recently switched jobs and am now leading a project that is months behind schedule.
I've been working constant weekends to try to get ahead, and was hoping to at least take the Sunday off, but due to production issues I now have to work this Sunday as well.
Knowing first-hand how difficult it is to host a meet, I was really hoping to support this one, but I just can't.

I do like the idea of more frequent meets, so I wish Funkehed the best with this one.

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #78 of 97
Quote:
  Guys, all these latest posts of cancellations are depressing. I want to see who's really making it and get an attendees list going so we all know there are headphone nerds coming down!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-MSBkN2Fn9kLmc5Y94s0nbUyRcUeNHsl931m_WWfoI/edit#gid=0

Here is the link to the list. It's still looking promising. 
Anyway, low attendance meets should have a special charm to them. Why be distracted by constant need of trying as much gear as possible?=)

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #81 of 97
Fear not, I'm still coming! 

beerchug.gif

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #82 of 97
  Then I shall bring my trump card, my ultimate headphones...

Oh, I have the KSC75 too BTW. lol I completely forgot about them... I can bring mine to the meet.

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #83 of 97
I'm going to be there. Can't wait. When is the start time? Looking forward to meeting you all. I'll bring some extention cords and I may have an extra power bar as well. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #84 of 97
I'm going to be there. Can't wait. When is the start time? Looking forward to meeting you all. I'll bring some extention cords and I may have an extra power bar as well. Cheers.

The room booked from 12pm to 5pm. We can extend if we have too much fun.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #85 of 97
Hello all!! Sorry to be kinda late to this thread, but I'd love to come and can make it!!
A GTA meet is perfect for me and it would be very ideal for me to meet many like-minded individuals like all of you here, who appreciate the world of quality audio. I'd be happy to share and contribute to this fun meet. :wink:
I can bring some very interesting gear that won't require any power bars. :wink:

I have....

The SubPac (portable tactile subwoofer.)

Sony MDR Z-7's.
Blue Mo-fi (built in amp) headphone.
The SounDroid Vantam portable amp/DAC
The FIIO Alpen E17

I will also bring some CDs, which I feel are top level recordings, as well as portable players. :wink:

Look forward to coming. I'm in the bloorwest village area and I take transit, so I can of course only bring so much. Next meet I will bring different things like the ARCAM IRDAC.

Thanks FunkHead for doing this.
See you guys Sunday (nov 15th)

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #86 of 97
I will show up at around 2pm, church.

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #87 of 97
Thanks FunkHead for doing this.
See you guys Sunday (nov 15th)

Yes, a HUGE thanks to @Funkehed for organizing and hosting this meet!  It is very kind of you to arrange everything and put in all the effort.  

I am really sorry I am missing this meet - I am aiming for the next one - some many people I would have really liked to put a face to the name (oh and a wee dram would have been nice too!).

I hope everyone attending has a great time and someone please take some photos 
bigsmile_face.gif
!

Cheers!

-Paul

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #88 of 97
I guess I should try harder to reach the level of organization Julian aka JAG87 was able to set a couple of meets ago. Therefore I provide an extra convenience by posting the exact location of the Recreational centre

The meet is in the party room on the lower level of the Recreational Centre. They have a closed door policy on the weekends, so I either ask them to keep the door open for a couple of hours at noon, or the receptionist will be busy running and opening the door for us, in this case just knock at the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back