Toronto / GTA Fall meet. November 15
Sep 21, 2015 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

Funkehed

Head-Fier
Hello Everybody from Toronto and vicinities,

It seems that one meet for GTA a year is not enough. There is always a chance to miss one and then be left with another year of waiting. So, I want to double the frequency and try to organize a Fall meet in November.

My condo complex located at 177 Linus Rd (Recreational Centre),  Finch / Don Mills area has a basement party room which can easily accommodate up to 10 tables. Tables and chairs are available in abundance. There is lots of parking at and around the complex.
I booked the room for November 15, the meet starts at Noon. Participation fee currently set at $10, with the assumption that the meet will be attended by 5 - 15 people.

Ideally, everyone has to bring their powerbar. And we gonna need a couple of extension cords, because I don't have any. The room has only 3 outlets.

Please don't bring to the meet any gel or wax on your hair.

Please PM me with the rig you plan to bring to the meet.

List of possible attendees. Feel free to edit your information.

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 97

I think I'll be interested.
smily_headphones1.gif

If those 5 lovelies are there, I KNOW I am interested :)

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 97
If those 5 lovelies are there, I KNOW I am interested :)

lol, since that photo was taken a good friend had decided to taste 3 of them. I'm sure still that at least one of the lovely bottles will be in attendance to any head-fi meet :)

Good on you mate for organizing Funkehed, I would be happy to come by with some equipment and enjoy :)

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #5 of 97
lol, since that photo was taken a good friend had decided to taste 3 of them. I'm sure still that at least one of the lovely bottles will be in attendance to any head-fi meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Good on you mate for organizing Funkehed, I would be happy to come by with some equipment and enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, as long as the Ardbeg is still around, I'm happy!  I'm a sucker for peat and anything from Islay!

I should have my AB-1266's and new amp by meet time.

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #6 of 97
Of course I'm interested
jecklinsmile.gif
beerchug.gif

Many thanks for your willingness to host !

Sep 22, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #7 of 97
Well, as long as the Ardbeg is still around, I'm happy!  I'm a sucker for peat and anything from Islay!

I should have my AB-1266's and new amp by meet time.

Of course you would choose my favorite!

If the meet happens closer to the end of November, I might finally finish my latest tube amp project.

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #8 of 97
Will be there (pending permission from wife and kids)

Sep 23, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #9 of 97
Will be there. I will bring my M11. Can also bring the HE6 but I suspect someone will have it already. Will also bring along my AS 2.5 customs, although there's not much point to it. 

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #14 of 97
With all this interest in just one day, I decided to book the room as soon as possible.
November 8 was recently taken, so I booked for November 15.
The fee is $100 for 5 hours +$25 for an extra hour. So, currently we split the fee by bringing $10 each. We will make it $5 if the number of head-fiers approach 20.

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #15 of 97
With all this interest in just one day, I decided to book the room as soon as possible.
November 8 was recently taken, so I booked for November 15.
The fee is $100 for 5 hours +$25 for an extra hour. So, currently we split the fee by bringing $10 each. We will make it $5 if the number of head-fiers approach 20.

Good idea!
I'll see if I can get off my butt and actually go to the next meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back