Topping NX4
Feb 16, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #377 of 448
Dear All,
I plan to buy a Topping NX4 dac/amp. I would like to us it between my Ipad and AR-H1 headphone. I listen Tidal (Hifi) on my Ipad.
Question: with the NX4 will be definitely better the sound (If I us the NX4 dac as well)? So worth it to buy?
Thank you!

Feb 21, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #378 of 448
Finding the old version of NX4 is going to be hard. The newer DSD version requires the camera kit. The Fiio Q1 MKII has IOS support but you need to use balance to get the better performance. The NX4 DSD battery performance is much better not using the DAC.

Apr 18, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #380 of 448
Finding the old version of NX4 is going to be hard. The newer DSD version requires the camera kit. The Fiio Q1 MKII has IOS support but you need to use balance to get the better performance. The NX4 DSD battery performance is much better not using the DAC.

I have a NX4 DSD and it works perfectly with my iPhone with this cable:

"Meenova Lightning-to-MicroUSB USB DAC OTG Cable for iPhone/iPad/iPod Chord Mojo Hugo"

Apr 18, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #381 of 448
Meenova Lightning-to-MicroUSB USB DAC OTG Cable
I have been waiting for a same cable....I have ordered it from China 1,5 months ago...and haven’t arrived yet.
I have got the NX4DSD very quickly but can not use it with out cable...😔

Apr 18, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #382 of 448
Dear All,
I plan to buy a Topping NX4 dac/amp. I would like to us it between my Ipad and AR-H1 headphone. I listen Tidal (Hifi) on my Ipad.
Question: with the NX4 will be definitely better the sound (If I us the NX4 dac as well)? So worth it to buy?
Thank you!

I try to use the NX4 DSD with the lightning to micro USB cable that came with a Fiio Q5s. The NX4 didn't work, but the fiio did. As far as I know the NX4 is not iOS certificated, but some users here made it work with the camera kit or another cable.

20200418_190444.jpg20200418_190441.jpg

I would suggest a certified amp/dac unless you are ok with using extra cables o finding the required one. BTW the fiio Q5s work just fine.

Apr 20, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #383 of 448
Hello,

Do you think there would be any update soon in follow-up to NX4 DSD?

And, also anyone who paired NX4 with FiiO M11, can you tell if the NX4 makes the output any different?

Thank you for your opinion.

Apr 20, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #384 of 448
No need to pair with M11 as sound quality is not better IMHO. Worth doing only if you have some power hungry cans, but again, M11 is pretty potent in its own right. I got the NX4 only because both headphone outputs of my DP-X1 are shot and it was more cost effective to pair it with NX4 than repair the DAP.

Apr 21, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #385 of 448
No need to pair with M11 as sound quality is not better IMHO. Worth doing only if you have some power hungry cans, but again, M11 is pretty potent in its own right. I got the NX4 only because both headphone outputs of my DP-X1 are shot and it was more cost effective to pair it with NX4 than repair the DAP.

I use IEMs like Tin T2, Moondrop Starfield and KZ SZ10 Pro.

May 1, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #387 of 448
I need an actual USB connection, the one that plugs to the computer (the big usb), I alreadly have the Fiio Cl06 to plug to my phone and it's really good but that's not what I'm after.
I have a nice CableCreations cable I picked up off of Amazon. It works great with my NX4. About 1m long with a cloth coating. I use it with my computer and Android phone

May 1, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #388 of 448
Hello,

Do you think there would be any update soon in follow-up to NX4 DSD?

And, also anyone who paired NX4 with FiiO M11, can you tell if the NX4 makes the output any different?

Thank you for your opinion.
I have the non DSD NX4 and would be very much interested in an upgraded version that included Bluetooth and native iOS support. Until the I’m sticking with my OG NX4.

May 1, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #389 of 448
I have the non DSD NX4 and would be very much interested in an upgraded version that included Bluetooth and native iOS support. Until the I’m sticking with my OG NX4.

I wrote to Topping the other day and asked about if they would soon be releasing an updated model of NX4 DSD, and they replied it wasn’t in their plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back